GDT: Panthers at Sabres 7PM 3-27-17 MSG

spndnchz

I'm sure half the board pictured me as the creepy Spanish avatar dude I had when I lost the bet.

I still do.  And he was Filipino.

Would still like an old timers Meetup of PA, DeLuca, Ghost, ToddKaz, Labatt, BTP, Callaway, Taro and myself. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few (cuz I'm old) but the one thing I noticed from the pic was the overwhelming youth outside of the bookend geriatrics.

I've been on the forum 10+ years and, well, I'm old (mid 50s), so maybe I should be in on that.  I'd actually have to get up to Buffalo for a game though.  I need to do that; the last Sabres game I went to in Buffalo was in the Aud sometime in the late 1970s.  I think I paid $6 for my ticket in the orange section, about 2X my hourly wage at the time.

Good. No reason to risk any more harm.

I thought it was stupid to try and bring him back last game. You're right, sit him out the rest of the year.

Rowe admitted he shouldn't have brought him back even though all the doctors cleared him to play.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I've been on the forum 10+ years and, well, I'm old (mid 50s), so maybe I should be in on that. I'd actually have to get up to Buffalo for a game though. I need to do that; the last Sabres game I went to in Buffalo was in the Aud sometime in the late 1970s. I think I paid $6 for my ticket in the orange section, about 2X my hourly wage at the time.

Same here, joined this board March of 2006. Can't remember when my first Sabres game was, but I can tell you that my first Bills game was against the Browns when Sam Rutigliano was their HC. I haven't hit the half century mark yet, but I'm getting mighty close. Maybe we should have a geriatric Sabres meet up of us that are 40 and older.

Edited by Claude Balls

Same here, joined this board March of 2006. Can't remember when my first Sabres game was, but I can tell you that my first Bills game was against the Browns when Sam Rutigliano was their HC. I haven't hit the half century mark yet, but I'm getting mighty close. Maybe we should have a geriatric Sabres meet up of us that are 40 and older.

Member Since 08 Jul 2011   didn't think It was that long ago :p

Yeah. I'm not sure where to start. I'm sure if you put together any lowlights from a defenseman who has played that long it's gonna be ugly but man some of those were hysterically bad. Especially where he got beat 3 times on the same play. Who the hell has access to that many games from that long ago.

Thankfully those if us who closely resemble what everyone thinks we should look like shied away from the Meetup.

Would still like an old timers Meetup of PA, DeLuca, Ghost, ToddKaz, Labatt, BTP, Callaway, Taro and myself. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few (cuz I'm old) but the one thing I noticed from the pic was the overwhelming youth outside of the bookend geriatrics.

I would definitely be up for that.....would't it be nice to have a playoff meet-up in late April/early May on a patio. Probably tough for out-of-towners though

Any idea on the price?

Overpriced like anything else in the arena.  I can't remember specifics.  Actually, I can't remember the last time I bought a drink in the arena.  

Best place to get is Pour Man's Aud Club, roughly outside of sec. 114.

Overpriced like anything else in the arena. I can't remember specifics. Actually, I can't remember the last time I bought a drink in the arena.

Best place to get is Pour Man's Aud Club, roughly outside of sec. 114.

Gonna head there now, thanks :beer:

Flagg did you end up coming?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.