A kind word for Ghost of Dwight Drane

darksabre

I don't want to start a huge debate about the ban, since that is something that is between the mods and him and I'm fine with it staying that way out of respect for both parties involved. 

But I would like to put in a good word for the guy. He had reached out to me before the meetup expressing a desire to come meet people that I believe he genuinely considers friends, and I think everyone who had the chance to meet him Saturday would agree that he's a good dude. 

I think it would mean a lot to him if he could be given a chance to rejoin our little online community again, even if he ultimately declines or it doesn't work out. At the very least he's someone a bunch of us know as a real human being now, which I think matters.

Again, not trying to start anything here. Just raising a glass for Ghost.  :beer:

I have had some in depth conversations (through PM here) with GoDD.

I completely agree that he is a great guy. I don't need to meet him in person to know that.

Sure he is very opinionated, but who isn't.

Many of his opinions are going to rub people the wrong way, but he would give you the shirt off his back of you needed it.

I was never on the opposing side of one of his condescending posts to another poster, so I have no ill feelings toward's him. I did enjoy his posts when he wrote of hockey, and would love his take on Dan right now.

With that said....

Those that he upset greatly should be the ones that decide. If they mutually agree that there are no hard feelings, I think we would all be better for it.

I was never on the opposing side of one of his condescending posts to another poster, so I have no ill feelings toward's him. I did enjoy his posts when he wrote of hockey, and would love his take on Dan right now.

With that said....

Those that he upset greatly should be the ones that decide. If they mutually agree that there are no hard feelings, I think we would all be better for it.

Right. I don't want to speak for any of the parties on the receiving end of the things he said/did that got him banned. And I'm sure I don't know the whole story on that stuff either. 

I just don't see the point--he's just going to do again what got him banned in the first place. He just can't help himself.

This is very likely the case. I think anything involving his return being doable would depend largely on him. I'm not even sure he wants to come back. 

With that said....

We did ask him for his take on Dan Bylsma, and iirc (there were a few drinks flowing) he was still firmly in the pro-Bylsma camp, or at least not a card carrying member of the Bylsma Bunker.

We did ask him for his take on Dan Bylsma, and iirc (there were a few drinks flowing) he was still firmly in the pro-Bylsma camp, or at least not a card carrying member of the Bylsma Bunker.

That's what I suspected.

I'm afraid his camp doesn't have enough members to play taps and lower the flag every evening. 

This doesn't surprise me.  He was all about DD becoming the next head coach.  I would love to find out if his opinion has changed.  Disappointed I didn't get to meet him.

His opinion didn't change, he appeared to agree with some faults, but overall the opinion was/is that he is our coach.

As for the SS community and ghost go, I have been around for a while and have seen some of the "disconnect" and understand why this happened.

With that being said, I think a lifetime ban is quite serious, and quite excessive in general for many things in life.

It was great to meet the man behind the avatar, and hopefully one day things will be as they were again :)

Don't even know what he did to get a lifetime Ban.   :huh:  

Thought it was temporary ban , then he really most have crossed a line somewhere because our mods are pretty reasonable.

Continually tossed thinly-veiled assertions that Pegula knew about and/or ignored/helped cover up child molestation. He wouldn't stop despite numerous warnings and suspensions. 

Continually tossed thinly-veiled assertions that Pegula knew about and/or ignored/helped cover up child molestation. He wouldn't stop despite numerous warnings and suspensions. 

From what I understand, there was more to it than this. Again, I'm not one to speak on specifics though. 

I've recall certain narratives being pounded at times but I'll be perfectly honest that more often than not I am able to filter out the noise.  So, in the overall game of life I can't recall because it was not really critical information to store.

I think he was able to bring value to the forum.  He was also able to take away that value.

In any event, it was good to meet him.  

Can understand the mods for taking action, this could get SS in trouble if he kept that up tbh.

Edited by Huckleberry

Yes, but this was the root of the rest IIRC.

If you have to add IIRC maybe you shouldn't have posted it, because I think you went pretty far off the rails there. It was more about Pegula pal Benson's connections to Second Mile, Sandusky's charity.

If you have to add IIRC maybe you shouldn't have posted it, because I think you went pretty far off the rails there. It was more about Pegula pal Benson's connections to Second Mile, Sandusky's charity.

Oh, there were numerous "....and Benson's in his inner circle....and billionaire airplaine....and...." "think" pieces he'd post. 

Yep.  And I refuse to change my signature file until he's been offered amnesty here!  (Yes, I'm starting something I guess.)

FREE GoDD!

It was good to meet him. Not exactly what I'd expected but he was very much how he'd described himself. Definitely comes across quite genuine. Sorry I didn't get a chance to speak w/ him more, but that goes for most of the crew. Two hours can fly by.

I expect if he were still posting that he & I would've butted heads a great deal over Bylsma but also expect that we would've kept the discussion quite civil. They would've been fun (to post 'em at least, not sure how tolerable they'd be to read). ;) (Much like the bulk of our discussions.)

Rarely play the ponies, but definitely miss his KD threads.

Dwight is a good guy. I'm almost tempted to use the phrase "pure soul." He's always had a kind of mythological folk hero presence on this board. I remember when I first joined he was around and PA was the absent shadowy figure that got mentioned all the time.

GoDD reached out to me via PM when I was 19 and had just failed out of McGill. It's weird to remember how much his kind words meant to me at the time.

But I generally found his writing to be insulting to the intelligence of the reader, sooo yeah. Can't say I'm all for bringing him back.

From what I understand, there was more to it than this. Again, I'm not one to speak on specifics though. 

SDS banned Ghost when, after another wallow through the Penn State muck, 'x' announced he was leaving the board, at least for an extended break.  As far as I know 'x' has not been active since.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS