A kind word for Ghost of Dwight Drane

darksabre

Snip

just a simple factual correction AD is an abbreviation for after death. Christ's crucifiction occured at 0 AD and he rose shortly thearafter not 30 years. The roman were in Isreal BC before Christ... just saying... the rest of it I will stay outta due lack of knowledge. PS Miss you Yuri...

just a simple factual correction AD is an abbreviation for after death. Christ's crucifiction occured at 0 AD and he rose shortly thearafter not 30 years. The roman were in Isreal BC before Christ... just saying... the rest of it I will stay outta due lack of knowledge. PS Miss you Yuri...

No, it isn't.  The more common term now is CE for Common Era.

No, it isn't.  The more common term now is CE for Common Era.

AD is an abbreviation for the bastardized Latin "Anno Domini" or "In the Year of Our Lord". It represents the arbitrary point chosen well after the fact to hammer the Julian and Gregorian calendars together. Estimates as to what would have been the actual date of the birth of Jesus vary widely.

AD is an abbreviation for the bastardized Latin "Anno Domini" or "In the Year of Our Lord". It represents the arbitrary point chosen well after the fact to hammer the Julian and Gregorian calendars together. Estimates as to what would have been the actual date of the birth of Jesus vary widely.

Correct.

NB was correct about the Romans being in Israel in BCE, as others have also pointed out.