A kind word for Ghost of Dwight Drane

darksabre

Mountain man. Great description. Larger than life is always how I thought of him.

I have to admit to being somewhat lukewarm about the PSU talk. It's not that it's not plausible, I couldn't get to the point where I believed that a poster on a Sabres message board could be Woodward and Bernstein like that. But hearing that Ghost will not NOT discuss it as condition of returing and hearing that Smell assisted in research and thinks there might be something there changes my mind. However, clearly the board owner does not want it discussed, so here we are.

If there's something to it, take it to the police or a reporter and help run it down. Hinting around at heinous accusations on a message board is NOT the way to handle it.

For real. I could listen to Neo talk about anything. That prose can make the manufacturing of lug-nuts seem interesting. :blush:

Not me.  To my ears (okay, eyes), he comes across as a pompous windbag.

Edited by Doohickie

Post script ...

For those unfamiliar with Jackie Gleason:

Especially at 1:30 and beyond.

This comparison is made with respect and affection. Gleason was a genius.

Edited by Neo

I just can't believe that anybody can do something heinous enough to get a lifetime ban. I've been on numerous forums and this is easily one of the more civilized forums, even when the political thread was still open. 

I question why banning is even warranted at all unless there are instances of threats and physical harm. 

I just can't believe that anybody can do something heinous enough to get a lifetime ban. I've been on numerous forums and this is easily one of the more civilized forums, even when the political thread was still open. 

I question why banning is even warranted at all unless there are instances of threats and physical harm.

I'm pretty sure the banning was mutual.

Ghost, we love ya and miss you. Wish I could have been at the meet up. Will definitely be at the next one.

I'm pretty sure the banning was mutual.

Ghost, we love ya and miss you. Wish I could have been at the meet up. Will definitely be at the next one.

Piecing together some random posts in the meet up thread it is very likely that a conversation was had with GoDD.  I think that he was asked if he could refrain from certain subjects and he said he could not.  So, it is reasonable that a mutual decision was reached.

I love Ghost and miss him.

Piecing together some random posts in the meet up thread it is very likely that a conversation was had with GoDD.  I think that he was asked if he could refrain from certain subjects and he said he could not.  So, it is reasonable that a mutual decision was reached.

I love Ghost and miss him.

If this is true, and I see no reason for this not to be, I gives me profound respect for both sides. 

Did you just ask why I can't bring my own food to the arena, and then equate that to Pegula holding a monopoly over my essential needs of survival?

Okay buddy

His history lesson is wrong, too; the Romans were in Israel well before 6 AD.

The problem I have with all this is within Penn State circles people were so loose-lipped that everyone just *had* to know what was going on; Benson, the Pegulas, the janitor, etc., but yet none of these people were loose-lipped enough to blab to the wrong person or sell out their friends to save their own skins. Which is it?

Like I said above, if there's real evidence out there, take it to the police or a reporter; they'll jump on it. If it's all "they must have known" and conspiracy theories, please stop hinting around on a sports message board.

The problem I have with all this is within Penn State circles people were so loose-lipped that everyone just *had* to know what was going on; Benson, the Pegulas, the janitor, etc., but yet none of these people were loose-lipped enough to blab to the wrong person or sell out their friends to save their own skins. Which is it?

Like I said above, if there's real evidence out there, take it to the police or a reporter; they'll jump on it. If it's all "they must have known" and conspiracy theories, please stop hinting around on a sports message board.

Amen.