When will Eichel first be booed in his return to Buffalo?

PASabreFan

You know the Sabres are bad when a thread like this is the most active and we don't even remember that the question posed makes no sense at all.

Just answer the question. There's a line to guide you and everything.

No, because it will be for his jersey retirement and his number will hand next to the two Stanley Cup Championship Banners

So you are saying he'll be booed in his second return? For what? Beating his wife?

Have you not heard that expression before?  It's a well-known rhetorical device and I thought would be obviously so.  If you in any way took it personally, I apologize.  I would never insinuate you actually beat your significant other.

Honestly never heard it. Maybe there's a generation gap. WildCard also seemed befuddled. All the cool kids were talking about it behind the bleachers.

I don't know why PA gets the heat on this thread, there has been someone else creating threads last couple weeks that are of the same level.

The gameday threads?

Zing! <rimshot> I'm here all week. *drops mic*

But seriously, no gameday thread today? Or are we trying not to jinx our recent ownership of the central CA coast carnivorous fishes?

When the Sabres were good?

PA would thunder his pronouncements from the mountaintop and SDS would scurry across the greater Buffalo area to circulate the stone tablets.

Thank you for this!

I really did laugh out loud.

And PA, please keep up the good work. Not every thread that gets started to be thought provoking has to provoke happy thoughts. This one may be slicing it way to thick, but you can't win them all.

I'm not going to give you a trophy for trying, but I hope you never stop trying. This also comes with the assumption you can handle the heat in your own kitchen. :thumbsup:

Edited by Woods-Racer

Thank you, Woods.

I can't believe everyone, and I mean everyone, missed it. The return is the return from this road trip. He's going to have an empty net staring at him in Anaheim and instead of potting it, he's going to turn around and fire the puck at Bylsma, leading to the tying goal the other way and a last second goal moments later against a stunned Robin Lehner. The loss will deal a crushing blow to playoff hopes, after wins in the first two games of the trip. I was just wondering if Eichel would be booed when he got off the plane, got home, arrived at the arena, during warmups, during the anthems, first time he hit the ice, first time he touched the puck, etc. Duh.

Whiny little .

I can't believe everyone, and I mean everyone, missed it. The return is the return from this road trip. He's going to have an empty net staring at him in Anaheim and instead of potting it, he's going to turn around and fire the puck at Bylsma, leading to the tying goal the other way and a last second goal moments later against a stunned Robin Lehner. The loss will deal a crushing blow to playoff hopes, after wins in the first two games of the trip. I was just wondering if Eichel would be booed when he got off the plane, got home, arrived at the arena, during warmups, during the anthems, first time he hit the ice, first time he touched the puck, etc. Duh.

costanza-clapping.gif

Thank you, Woods.

Whiny little ######.

I liked your original premise better.

Thank you, Woods.

Whiny little ######.

All that is well and good, but you still haven't answered the question. Have you stopped beating your wife?

gotta say at first glance I thought this thread silly and of no sense whatsoever...until I saw last night's pathetic disaster in San Jose with jack getting like 3 minutes in the 3rd and seeing him slamming the door shut showing obvious anger and frustration with...(fill in the blank but I think we all know it's that guy behind the bench). Blysma is obviously pulling a power-trip to show "who's boss" and unfortunately Pegula is allowing it. yes the coach is the boss, but when ego takes over as it has here there can only be one winner...either jack or Blysma. take your pick of who you want. Maybe it isn't so silly to think Jack may leave at first chance, as long as Blysma is still here (which I would not doubt at this point)... 

Thank you, Woods.

Whiny little ######.

Meh.  Self-fulfilling prophecy.

While I in no way want Bylsma over Eichel I am starting to get the idea Jack may becoming a problem. Sorry, but he doesn't seem like the same guy he was beginning his first year. Do we put all this on the coach?

Not a bad point. The DP (douchebag potential) seems high. I wasn't quite as charmed with the coming-for-ya video as everyone else.

Edited by PASabreFan

I tend to think that Eichel's ego is a problem.

He has always been the centre of attention everywhere he has played.  He wants that here in Buffalo too.  Problem is that he is now a professional and really needs to act like one.

I have no issue with him, or any other player for that matter, being benched.  He needs to learn some tough lessons.

Samson seems to have matured nicely and my hope and belief is that Jack will too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.