When will Eichel first be booed in his return to Buffalo?

PASabreFan

The logical equivalent? Please explain.

"have you stopped beating your wife"  Unfairly presumes you were beating your wife to begin with.

"When will Eichel first be booed in his return to Buffalo?"  Your statement unfairly presumes Eichel will leave the Sabres.

Question for old timers: what was this board like when the team was good? 

They didn't have internet in the 1970s.

Edited by Doohickie

When the Sabres were good?

PA would thunder his pronouncements from the mountaintop and SDS would scurry across the greater Buffalo area to circulate the stone tablets.

Edited by dudacek

There were still debates.  A big one was whether Noronen, Biron, or Miller should start.

So you guys just sent each other messages saying Perreault sucked by horseback or something?

HEY.

Hang in there.  Things will come around.  I started posting here because of the great banter that was entertaining and informative.  Much of it is still informative; the entertainment part will get better was the team improves.

:thumbsup:

"have you stopped beating your wife"  Unfairly presumes you were beating your wife to begin with.

"When will Eichel first be booed in his return to Buffalo?"  Your statement unfairly presumes Eichel will leave the Sabres.

Double wow. I'll let it go. There was a better way to make your point. I can't be the only one who was thrown by the comment.

i know some will tire of being reminded, but, back in '07, PA wrote an imagined story about lindy as an old man that just about made (makes) me cry.

Double wow. I'll let it go. There was a better way to make your point. I can't be the only one who was thrown by the comment.

the old saw of "so when did you stop beating your wife?" is a widely known, even proverbial way of alluding to the idea that a question has been unfairly framed as an accusation of sorts.  

I have known that question to be the defacto example of what a loaded question is for as long as I have known that the world had things.

Have you not heard that expression before?  It's a well-known rhetorical device and I thought would be obviously so.  If you in any way took it personally, I apologize.  I would never insinuate you actually beat your significant other.

i know some will tire of being reminded, but, back in '07, PA wrote an imagined story about lindy as an old man that just about made (makes) me cry.

the old saw of "so when did you stop beating your wife?" is a widely known, even proverbial way of alluding to the idea that a question has been unfairly framed as an accusation of sorts.  

I have known that question to be the defacto example of what a loaded question is for as long as I have known that the world had things.

It's very, VERY well known, PA's crocodile tears notwithstanding.

It's very, VERY well known, PA's crocodile tears notwithstanding.

And as long as we're down the OT rabbit hole, was I being redundent when I used "de facto example?"

Should I have just said?

I have known that question to be the de facto loaded question for as long as I have known that the world had things.

They both seem kinda correct,... and a little wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.