GDT: meh. Sabres @ Jackets. Meh. 3-10-17 at 7PM

TrueBlueGED

Compared to Brad May, Peters is Daniel Webster.

Meh. 

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on Peters but my only input here is that every time I hear Brad May speak on TV I can only think of all of the aspiring broadcasters out there and the job that he is taking away from someone who is actually competent in that field. I get it, you're a Sabre alumnus and you have a cup under your belt, great. You probably don't actually need this job to survive. Brad May is incapable of stringing together a handful of sentences, much less a continuing analysis of a hockey game.

This one hurt. Not because I was expecting a win, because I was fully expecting a loss. But when your fourth line center scores, then literally the worst offensive d-man in the league scores, then you get another goal from your D... you have to win that game.

The secondary scoring was there, and then some! Our big guys just didn't show up. Eich created plenty of chances. Even CBJ fans around me got on the edge of their seats each time he had the puck. Kane seemed like a non-factor though. And didn't notice too much from ROR tonight. Didn't help that we didn't have many PP opportunities. It wasn't for lack of interference......

Edited by EichSnipe

Meh.....haven't watched a game in over a week. So tonight as I'm watching Gold Rush, I decide to switch over to check the score. It was at the exact moment where Franson looked like he had never held a hockey stick before, which instantly led to Columbus taking the lead for good. I just laughed and flipped right back to the commercials waiting for GR to come back on.

The team has some decent talent, but also has a bunch of guys who should be in beer leagues (coach included).

My expert analysis on CBJ's goals.

1st goal:  Clean face-off loss by O'Reilly.   Kane takes a poor angle to the d-man and fails to fill the shot lane in the process (this is a recurring theme with this team all year).   Lehner not out on top of his crease and down on his knees leaves the top of the net open.

2nd goal: PP redirect by Nick Foligno.  Nicely executed by the Jackets.   Would've liked to see McCabe take away that pass lane... he had his stick on the wrong side of his body.    Nothing Lehner could do.

3rd goal: PP slapshot by Gagner from the left dot.    This one I blame on coaching.    CBJ enters the zone and Rodrigues is on the right side, Girgensons on the left.   The puck moves from righ to left... to Gagner, but instead of Girgensons sliding over to challenge the shot, he drops down into the high slot leaving Rodrigues to chase from the other side of the zone.    That's just a poor PK scheme.... and Gorges gets lost in no-mans land between Lehner and Gagner, leaving a CBJ player all by himself to screen Lehner.   Gorges drops down to a knee in a weak attempt to block the shot but man alive, that's some terrible PK design.    This late in the season to look that bad on the PK is unacceptable, don't they watch video?   It's not rocket science.

4th goal: Fransonitis.

I think it's bad PK strategy to have Gorges as the 4th guy out there.  Period.  Bylsma seems oblivious to reality.

I found that Gorges goal equivalent to games in years past when Drew Stafford scored.   You knew we weren't gonna win when it happened.  

And yeah, we SHOULD have won -  surprising goals from Gorges and Rodriguez against a top tier goalie, and a goal by Risto - and NOTHING from Kane, Eichel or O'Reilly? No goals, no points?   That was Buffalo's game for the winning - and there wasn't a response from the team leaders.  

My expert analysis on CBJ's goals.

1st goal:  Clean face-off loss by O'Reilly.   Kane takes a poor angle to the d-man and fails to fill the shot lane in the process (this is a recurring theme with this team all year).   Lehner not out on top of his crease and down on his knees leaves the top of the net open.

2nd goal: PP redirect by Nick Foligno.  Nicely executed by the Jackets.   Would've liked to see McCabe take away that pass lane... he had his stick on the wrong side of his body.    Nothing Lehner could do.

3rd goal: PP slapshot by Gagner from the left dot.    This one I blame on coaching.    CBJ enters the zone and Rodrigues is on the right side, Girgensons on the left.   The puck moves from righ to left... to Gagner, but instead of Girgensons sliding over to challenge the shot, he drops down into the high slot leaving Rodrigues to chase from the other side of the zone.    That's just a poor PK scheme.... and Gorges gets lost in no-mans land between Lehner and Gagner, leaving a CBJ player all by himself to screen Lehner.   Gorges drops down to a knee in a weak attempt to block the shot but man alive, that's some terrible PK design.    This late in the season to look that bad on the PK is unacceptable, don't they watch video?   It's not rocket science.

4th goal: Fransonitis.

Why is Lehner down on his knees so much ? Seems like he gets beat high a lot and the guy is 6'4"

Two goals top right corner... gotta be book on him.

Marty B talked about that on GR I believe the other day.

Think he to a look back to when the Sabres came back from break at goals scored on Lehner. Had the same opinion. He's more concerned that coaches haven't *fixed it*.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.