GDT: Arizona v. Buffalo, 3/2/17 at 7:05 MSG and WGR

That Aud Smell

We are not mathematically eliminated, no. But, it's basically the equivalent of if I met Jennifer Aniston, we could sleep together. We won't, but there's always a chance

Would you mind explaining above so a 5yr old would understand how it would feel like to nail J.A?

No but seriously, explain to me pls how you see it.

She's my dream girl, but the circumstances it would take for us to 

A) Meet

B) Overcome socioeconomic statuses 

C) Me not put my foot in my mouth

D) Me last longer than 1m with her

E) Me maybe put her foot in my mouth

F) Her not break a hip

Point is, it's a dream and a fantasy that will never happen. Sure, mathematically it could, because we both exist. But that's about it

I think that a 5% chance is really pushing it for both of you, especially you WildGuy.

Oh hands down. That's why I jumped at it 

Sabres' lines:

Ennis-O'Reilly-Okposo

Foligno-Eichel-Reinhart

Kane-Girgensons-Gionta

Bailey-Rodrigues-Moulson

Reinhart still not at center, but other than that? ###### it. I've given up the dream of ROR with Eichel

Edited by WildCard

Modo here is a website that talks about playoff percentages and what record a team would need to make the playoffs

Buffalo chance is 1% right now.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Interesting site.  According to the graph we were around 50% to make the playoffs up until early November.  That 6 game losing streak (and losing 9 of 12) during that November stretch really sealed the season.  After that, the Sabres playoff chances have never been above 20% for the rest of the season.  That 9 of 12 losing streak included losses to the Leafs, Red Wings, Bruins, Senators, Lightning, and 2 losses to the Devils.  All teams that we need to beat to make the playoffs.  We scored 2 goals in one loss, 1 goal in 7 losses, and were shutout once in those 9 losses. 

Was just looking at this.  MODO, another way you can look at it is that: If the Sabres go 13-3-3 down the stretch, they STILL have less than 50% chance of making it in.  :(

Edit: Ummmm but, also, if they were to run the table and go 19-0-0 (or even slip to a 18-0-1!), they will clinch.  So..... they control their own destiny!!!

I hereby do declare tonight's game to be a MUST-WIN.

Edited by Cereal

Smell and Wild have a better chance at getting a date with Jennifer Aniston than the Sabres do of making the playoffs, but I'm still going to watch and hope!

Might even watch a little of the game. :P

well turned.

but, to be clear, in no way am i trying to get in the way of Wildcard's make-believe tête-à-tête with ms. aniston. i've got enough to worry about on that front without adding the deeply adorable rachel from friends.

I've gone to 3 games so far this year, it'd be nice if, for once, I could at least see Jack score live

It'll happen tonight for you.  You won't remember it because it's your birthday and you have tomorrow off.  You'll post the same thing here the next game you go to and we'll all laugh but you won't know why.

Enjoy the game :)

1st - BUF comes out strong for the first 10-min, scoring 2 goals, then fade late in the period giving up a goal in the final minute.  2-1 BUF

2nd - BUF stays in the lockerroom and sends Lehner out by himself, who gives up 2 second period goals on 65 shots.  3-2 ARI

3rd - BUF finally decides to take the ice for the 3rd, scoring in the final 5-min to tie it up 3-3.   

OT - BUF dominates getting 20 shots on Smith in the first 2 min of OT.   Seeing eye shot from OEL beats Lehner high glove.  4-3 ARI

Yeah, I'm gonna be too wrapped up with other women in ropes to be able to watch this one. It's a horrible team, therefore we will seize defeat from the jaws of victory.  :beer:

Edited by Josie914

It'll happen tonight for you.  You won't remember it because it's your birthday and you have tomorrow off.  You'll post the same thing here the next game you go to and we'll all laugh but you won't know why.

Enjoy the game :)

Hahaha most likely right :lol:

Yeah, I'm gonna be too wrapped up with other women in ropes to be able to watch this one. 

Go on....

We are not mathematically eliminated, no. But, it's basically the equivalent of if I met Jennifer Aniston, we could sleep together. We won't, but there's always a chance

You and Wyld should probably hang out tonight

Haha nice, I'll just find sweet D.... Wanna go on a buncher?

Trade Sam Reinhart and some pocket change for OEL.

Boom.  Top pair with Risto that can play 35 minutes a game.  Gorges, Bogosian, McCabe, and (I don't care) can split the rest of the time.  OEL makes 5.5 through 2018-19.  Salary works out with Franson and Kulikov gone.  Even lefty-righty works out on this deal.

edit: After the expansion draft.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Boom.  Top pair with Risto that can play 35 minutes a game.  Gorges, Bogosian, McCabe, and (I don't care) can split the rest of the time.  OEL makes 5.5 through 2018-19.  Salary works out with Franson and Kulikov gone.  Even lefty-righty works out on this deal.

I really don't want to lose him. Especially if the alternative is Girgs / Larsson at 3rd line center

I'd make that deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.