Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

It's something that I have become increasingly aware of personally over the last year. I just don't have the emotional stamina to be worried about every terrible thing all the time. There's only so much any one person can do. I do what I can for others and try to live my life without spending every day clenching my teeth until my jaw hurts. 

And that's exactly it.  I think we all owe it to do *something* to better the human condition, but we're not all going to turn into Mother Theresa.  Do some volunteer work, contribute financially if you can, pray if that's something you do.

And then enjoy life.  

Don't think the bills are interested in from what I've been reading.   Might as well just stick with Taylor then :P

Yeah but it's one more QB on the board that some team might select before the Bills pick.

Lamar Jackson declares for the draft

Wouldn't be surprised to see 4 QB's taken with the first 6 picks of the draft - Browns, Giants, Jets, Broncos. Then you have the Cards at #15. Then you have a bunch of teams with aging franchise QB's who might be thinking about the future. Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson will be taken in the first round. Who else? Drew Lock? Mason Rudolph?

I'm quickly moving toward the opinion of using our picks in the first 2 rounds on OL and DL instead. Don't force a franchise QB if one's not there. Remember the lessons from The Drought! Donahoe reached for Losman in 2004. Whaley reached for Manuel in 2013.

I've been a vocal critic of Tyrod Taylor, but the fact of the matter is that he's still the best QB we've had since Jim Kelly. It wouldn't be an awful decision at this point to keep Tyrod for 2018 and resume the franchise QB search in 2019. At least that guy will be coming to a team that will have almost all of the roster pieces in place by September 2019.

Exactly. Hence why they should take a qb. Just do it where it makes sense and don't reach.

Reaching is pretty subjective. Bet a lot of people at the time thought Wentz was a reach

Can't wait to start him in NE next week after Tyrod has a sub-par showing this week...

FWIW

@JoeBuscaglia
LeSean McCoy is indeed on the practice field today again. Stretching with the team. Sean McDermott said McCoy would do positional drills today. #Bills

If your QB is there, then pick him, but don't reach.

The more QBs that go in the top half of the draft the more grade A prospects at other positions will get pushed down.     

Sure, they could use a QB, but I think they have more needs at DT and LB.

The more QBs that go in the top half of the draft the more grade A prospects at other positions will get pushed down.     

I think the importance of the position has a tendency to boost a prospect's position on a draft board.

@AdamSchefter

Raiders are giving new head coach Jon Gruden a 10-year contract, the longest coaching deal in NFL history, sources tell ESPN. The deal is likely to be worth about $100 million.

Edited by Jokertecken

I sure as f*ck like them taking Roquan.

Peterman fans will love a white guy named White.

After that first half against Oklahoma I was down on Roquan... then the second half occurred and my faith was restored.

Absolutely. If 5 qbs go, that means someone great is sliding. More talent more options.

@AdamSchefter
Raiders are giving new head coach Jon Gruden a 10-year contract, the longest coaching deal in NFL history, sources tell ESPN. The deal is likely to be worth about $100 million.

:lol:

Gruden hasn't coached in a decade, and wasn't exactly on fire when he walked away in the first place. Raiders chasing a ghost here, big time.

@AdamSchefter

Lol Mark Davis.

The Pardon My Take show dropped a joke in which it was posited that Davis wants to hire Gruden because, when Davis looks in the mirror, he (Davis) thinks he looks like Gruden; that Davis has fantasies of living out some sort of buddy-movie with Gruden in which they occasionally wear matching outfits and confound other people in the organization who cannot tell them apart.

mark_davis.jpg

And, really. It's a funny joke. It's also plausible.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 4 QB's taken with the first 6 picks of the draft - Browns, Giants, Jets, Broncos. Then you have the Cards at #15. Then you have a bunch of teams with aging franchise QB's who might be thinking about the future. Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson will be taken in the first round. Who else? Drew Lock? Mason Rudolph?

I'm quickly moving toward the opinion of using our picks in the first 2 rounds on OL and DL instead. Don't force a franchise QB if one's not there. Remember the lessons from The Drought! Donahoe reached for Losman in 2004. Whaley reached for Manuel in 2013.

I've been a vocal critic of Tyrod Taylor, but the fact of the matter is that he's still the best QB we've had since Jim Kelly. It wouldn't be an awful decision at this point to keep Tyrod for 2018 and resume the franchise QB search in 2019. At least that guy will be coming to a team that will have almost all of the roster pieces in place by September 2019.

Skins @ 13 and Chargers @ 17 might also be looking for QBs.