Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

But it was a rational risk to take, in my eyes. It was also a decision tainted with some desire for self-preservation on the part of the decision makers, but that's almost always the case -- if the team is bad, the FO will be gone soon enough. They wanted to get better in a hurry. And so they rolled the dice on the big fella.

It was Buddy Nix's last act as GM. Sal C has stated recently that Buddy Nix was determined to provide a QB for the team before he retired and charged his staff with choosing the one they felt was best in that years class. EJ did not work out, but it's worth noting that they did also trade down prior to selecting him and ended up with extra 2nd and 7th round picks. 

Tre White, Jordan Poyer, and Micah Hyde seem to have worked out pretty well

Can we put them in charge of only DBs?

I'm really mad about the reach for Manuel; think of the RB the Bills could have picked up in that spot and likely still gotten EJ in the second.

It would have been a DB for sure.

He's not a good qb. He is so average it hurts. 

Have I said anything at all about trading up? No because that would be stupid with the other holes we have to fill. 

He's the best QB we've had in almost 20 years. It's fine though. He'll get run out of town to save cap space and appease all the fans who clamor for a new QB every few years. The FNG will look like garbage when the line can't block for him and we can start the cycle over again.

He's the best QB we've had in almost 20 years. It's fine though. He'll get run out of town to save cap space and appease all the fans who clamor for a new QB every few years. The FNG will look like garbage when the line can't block for him and we can start the cycle over again.

If we somehow make the playoffs and then get rid of Taylor next year that might be to Billsy for me to take. Seriously he's the one guy who has gotten us close to playoffs each of the last few years and we still want to run him out of town. Yes he isn't perfect, but we have been a competitive team with him.

I'm looking forward to buying a Tyrod jersey on the clearance rack and wearing it through the next decade of mediocre to bad QB's this team rolls out. 

Draft your QB this year and have him sit behind Tyrod for a season. If the yout is ready for prime time, hand him the ball, if not keep Tyrod on until you find someone that is ready.

If we somehow make the playoffs and then get rid of Taylor next year that might be to Billsy for me to take. Seriously he's the one guy who has gotten us close to playoffs each of the last few years and we still want to run him out of town. Yes he isn't perfect, but we have been a competitive team with him.

If they run him out of town I think I might be done with the Bills for good. The last time I swore off the Bills was when they sent Flutie and Christie packing for San Diego. I rooted for Buffalo to suck because of the spite I held for the decision makers who chose to go with Rob Johnson over Flutie. They sucked me back in when they picked up Bledsoe after going 1-15 or whatever it was but the playoff drought has remained.

Draft your QB this year and have him sit behind Tyrod for a season. If the yout is ready for prime time, hand him the ball, if not keep Tyrod on until you find someone that is ready.

In a perfect world this is the correct approach. Bring in the rookie and let him compete for the starting job. It'll likely take 2-3 years for the rookie to surpass Taylor (assuming they drafted a good one) and by the time he earns the starting job he should be good enough to make/keep the team competitive. It won't happen that way though. I have zero faith in this organization.

I was thinking about the Bills-iest scenario and it was definitely beating the Pats then losing to Miami. Reminds me of the "Beat the Steelers Backups" game a few years ago that they blew.

I was thinking beat the Pats, so going into week 17 the Ravens are still tied with the Bills, but the Bills are ahead by 40 on some point-differential tie breaker. The Ravens and Bills both lose the last week, but the Bills get blown out 52-3 and the Ravens lose 21-20.

Edited by MattiPaj

I was thinking beat the Pats, so going into week 17 the Ravens are still tied with the Bills, but the Bills are ahead by 40 on some point-differential tie breaker. The Ravens and Bills both lose the last week, but the Bills get blown out 52-3 and the Ravens lose 21-20.

With Peterman starting 

The Bills would win a head-to-head tie with the Ravens where both teams are 9-7.

(1) They haven't played each other

(2) They would have the same conference record

(3) They would be equal in common games (4-1),

(4) The Bills would easily have a better strength of victory.

It was Buddy Nix's last act as GM. Sal C has stated recently that Buddy Nix was determined to provide a QB for the team before he retired and charged his staff with choosing the one they felt was best in that years class. EJ did not work out, but it's worth noting that they did also trade down prior to selecting him and ended up with extra 2nd and 7th round picks. 

That 2nd round pick became Kiko, who got traded for McCoy.

The Bills would win a head-to-head tie with the Ravens where both teams are 9-7.

(1) They haven't played each other

(2) They would have the same conference record

(3) They would be equal in common games (4-1),

(4) The Bills would easily have a better strength of victory.

That 2nd round pick became Kiko, who got traded for McCoy.

I should have put a disclaimer that was an example, and not an actual scenario. :)

If the Titans beat the Jags, who won't have anything to play for if Buffalo loses to New England and they beat the 49ers this week, and the Ravens win both of their games (against two of the worst teams in the conference), Buffalo will miss the playoffs at 9-7.  IMO, this is the most likely scenario.

All the incoming QBs have flaws from what I have read from big name schools. Any smaller schools have guys with NFL arms tearing it up that might jump up the the draft boards??

Jake Browning out of Washington, if he comes out (I think he's a junior?) (6'2" - 210lbs)

Riley Ferguson out of Memphis (6'4" - 210lbs)

Mike White out of Western Kentucky (6'4" - 225lbs)

Taylor Lamb, APP State (6'2" - 200lbs)

Tyler Rogers, NM State (6'3" - 218lbs)

Not all of them will jump up draft boards but they are all interesting.  I would say Lamb and Rogers less so. The first 3 though I find them interesting enough. I would say Mike White would be an interesting player to take later in the draft. He has some skills. Not sure how well he goes through his progressions. 

Edited by LGR4GM

All the incoming QBs have flaws from what I have read from big name schools. Any smaller schools have guys with NFL arms tearing it up that might jump up the the draft boards??

The thing that I am encouraged about is that we look poised to attempt to draft a QB in a draft where there are plenty of options. What you say about a particular guy doesn't matter much to me as we all have different opinions, but just knowing that there is the volume (Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rudolph) means we aren't reaching for a bad QB based on need/scarcity. I think back to the Manuel draft year and Nix was determined to get a QB in a draft year that didn't have anyone worthy of a day 1 grade, so we picked the best guy from the scrap heap.

The thing that I am encouraged about is that we look poised to attempt to draft a QB in a draft where there are plenty of options. What you say about a particular guy doesn't matter much to me as we all have different opinions, but just knowing that there is the volume (Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rudolph) means we aren't reaching for a bad QB based on need/scarcity. I think back to the Manuel draft year and Nix was determined to get a QB in a draft year that didn't have anyone worthy of a day 1 grade, so we picked the best guy from the scrap heap.

If we draft Allen on day 1... I might lose it. Like blinding rage.