Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Rudolph is so hard to project. I read things where he is round 1 and then turn around and hear how he shouldn't go until 3 because the system he is in gives him the numbers. 

That's what the quick analysis from Walter Football says. He has 8 other QB's ahead of Rudolph in his rankings.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

That's what the quick analysis from Walter Football says. He has 8 other QB's ahead of Rudolph in his rankings.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

Allen in the top 3, lol.  If Allen was 6'2" 210lbs he wouldn't be.  People see his size (6'5", 235lbs) and that he has a good arm and just get enamored.  Oh that guy will be good because he has all the physical tools. He plays is a crap conference and couldn't produce.  Why is that? If you watch tape you see how bad his decision making is and how awful his touch on the ball is.  

If you take Allen, you gotta keep Tyrod and expect Allen to develop for the next 2 years.  That's the only way I see him working out.  I think he needs that time to adjust and learn. 

What is with all this negativity? The 2017 Buffalo Bills were projected to be a terrible team: The Bills are 8-6 and we are entering into Christmas week with a legitimate shot to end the 17 year drought: Albeit in a year with a new regime, with trades to get more picks for the 2018 NFL Draft.  The Bills for me have exceeded all expectations this year. Just enjoy it for once. Yes the 17 year drought is frustrating I get it completely. But this team has shown some guts and moxie. Stop with the 'Billsey' garbage. It's a new time.

All the incoming QBs have flaws from what I have read from big name schools. Any smaller schools have guys with NFL arms tearing it up that might jump up the the draft boards??

All QBs have flaws ... depends who you put around them.

I have no expectations for the Bills. They have been bad for my entire life. To get excited about them or enjoy them as a team is nearly impossible. I might find the capacity if they were to make the playoffs. Right now I only watch them out of a sense of obligation, like staying in a broken marriage until the kids are off to college. 

Forgive those of us who find no joy in being "in the hunt" for the bajillionth time. The Bills are still essentially a coin flip to make the playoffs, so really, there's nothing to be excited about at all. 

Draft your QB this year and have him sit behind Tyrod for a season. If the yout is ready for prime time, hand him the ball, if not keep Tyrod on until you find someone that is ready.

What if Peterman beats out your drafted QB in training camp ? 

What if Peterman beats out your drafted QB in training camp ? 

Have him sit behind Peterman.  Depends on where you take a QB. You take White in the 7th then I am not worried. You take Rudolph in the 2nd, not super worried. Given a rookie QB a year behind another QB to get up to NFL speed is fine. I doubt the fan base will see it that way. 

Have him sit behind Peterman.  Depends on where you take a QB. You take White in the 7th then I am not worried. You take Rudolph in the 2nd, not super worried. Given a rookie QB a year behind another QB to get up to NFL speed is fine. I doubt the fan base will see it that way. 

Thought that what their intentions were for Cardale ? 

Thought that what their intentions were for Cardale ? 

I'm sorry Cardale? Anyone who thought Cardale Jones was ever going to be anything was nuts. He won 1 game in college and everyone lost their crap even though he only won that game because of his defense and his RB. 

Further more this is that same old attitude I see all over the place. "Well it didn't work with x so why try it again with y?"  You keep drafting QB's until you get one. Is you don't like anyone on day one then don't take one. QB's are like GT's, take one every draft or so. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm sorry Cardale? Anyone who thought Cardale Jones was ever going to be anything was nuts. He won 1 game in college and everyone lost their crap even though he only won that game because of his defense and his RB. 

Further more this is that same old attitude I see all over the place. "Well it didn't work with x so why try it again with y?"  You keep drafting QB's until you get one. Is you don't like anyone on day one then don't take one. QB's are like GT's, take one every draft or so. 

Then we wasted a 4th round pick on him ... drafting any college QB that late is a crap shoot. 

Then we wasted a 4th round pick on him ... drafting any college QB that late is a crap shoot. 

4th round picks are crap shoots. And yes drafting him in the 4th round was dumb. 

That's why I say either find your guy early or wait. 5th, 6th round picks on a QB, sure why not. Those guys are crap shoots no matter who you take. The point is you take someone. The Bills have drafted something like 5qb's since Jim Kelly, that is insanely low. 

Edited by LGR4GM

From what I understood (a long time ago), he's a credentialed former NFL scout/pro personnel guy. Walter Football is just one man's (or one site's) opinion, but it is from someone (or some people?) who worked in the biz.

No, just a guy:

What began as a class project in 1999 became a career path after Cherepinsky departed Penn State with a journalism degree and, given the market for journalism jobs, lost a job selling mortgages. This was February 13, 2007 — the eve of Valentine’s Day. By that fall, Fantasy Sports Ventures had seen enough value in WalterFootball.com to sign Cherepinsky to a contract. When that deal expired, Cherepinsky latched on with Yardbarker, a subsidiary of Fox Sports Interactive.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-theres-no-mocking-a-man-who-makes-living-off-nfl-2012apr19-story.html

I used to frequent this site because it gives comprehensive lists for free agents and the draft. 

Edited by Lanny