Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Got a kick out of them talking about Brady's excuse why he's lost down there so much. Early on they had a pretty good D & he really wasn't used to playing in hot weather. By the 2nd half of those games he was EXHAUSTED & his legs didn't even feel like they were part of his body. The poor baby. It's inhumane to make such a delicate flower play in such brutal conditions. Good thing he's found the magic power of avacado smoothies. Apparently they aren't as effective when taken sans thuggish TE's. <_<

But they are.  Gronkowski has missed a LOT of games and the Cheats do just fine without him.

"I was looking over at the warming benches and I saw Shady there, huddled under his warming parka. I looked up into the stands and saw the fans, drunk, covered in snow. And it reminded me of a Stalingrad documentary I once watched."

I purposely allowed the snow to accumulate on the top of my head for that photo op near the end. I was really hoping to be pinned for an interview wherein I could associate what I was doing with some of the bravest people alive.

One of my brothers has the pic. I’ll share it if I ever settle my dispute with photobucket.

I'm not suggesting that he's a manipulative genius. Maybe we're more talking past each other.

I believe that he genuinely, truly believes the stuff he says and the beliefs to which he ascribes. 

I don't think that he's necessarily a simpleton about that stuff, though. 

I'm jammed up this week, and I can't clearly articulate my take on this. It's a somewhat complicated bit of business, I think.

I think so too. But I'm of the mind that were you to subject his beliefs/words to any kind of scrutiny you'd be hard pressed to find the depth of understanding (in re: what it means to be a soldier) required to adequately support the beliefs he espouses so publicly. 

There's a way of saying and doing things that conveys depth of understanding. 

I'm not going to sit here and say that my understanding of war and what it means to be a soldier is any better than McDermott's.

But you'll never see me compare ANYTHING I do to ANYTHING a solider does. I think I respect what "military people" do enough to keep my ignorant mouth shut and not try to draw lazy parallels. 

I purposely allowed the snow to accumulate on the top of my head for that photo op near the end. I was really hoping to be pinned for an interview wherein I could associate what I was doing with some of the bravest people alive.

One of my brothers has the pic. I’ll share it if I ever settle my dispute with photobucket.

You're a true hero. 

I believe that he genuinely, truly believes the stuff he says and the beliefs to which he ascribes.

I believe you are correct here. But I believe that a person can believe every word they say and still be completely full of .

You guys just caught that last night?

And he said it during the halftime interview (not before the game as the article says). He may have also said it after the game, but he definitely said it at halftime.

Idiot.

What!?!? A breitbart article getting the news wrong? Shocked! Shocked I tell you. Shocked that was all they up.

I don't know if there was more to this quote that wasn't included or if he said something similar later, but I remember hearing a longer version of it.  He basically added (paraphrasing from memory), "I'm not putting us on their level; just that they don't know what conditions they'll see, but they still have to go out and execute.  That's what we have to do.  Execute"

Not the best choice, but at least he clarified that he wasn't comparing what they do directly with what the military does.

I don't know if there was more to this quote that wasn't included or if he said something similar later, but I remember hearing a longer version of it.  He basically added (paraphrasing from memory), "I'm not putting us on their level; just that they don't know what conditions they'll see, but they still have to go out and execute.  That's what we have to do.  Execute"

Not the best choice, but at least he clarified that he wasn't comparing what they do directly with what the military does.

I never heard any clarification. I only heard the quote immediately after the game. 

And even if he did clarify, it doesn't really change anything for me. Football and wartime combat are not comparable, no matter how much he wants them to be. One is a game played for money and entertainment, the other is a fight for survival. 

That is literally what he says. That football players have to be ready for the weather just like "military people", because "military people" also have to deal with weather, which makes them basically the same.

That weather will really get ya. Never mind the bullets, IEDs, etc. That weather, it's something else.

Experiencing weather really helps me relate to "military people". When I cleaned my car off this morning, man, I was like "Man, now I really respect what military people go through."

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

That was harsh albeit salient

I still find it bewildering that most of the biggest religious nuts have hard-ons for both guns and the military.

Gotta feel manly somehow.

I do it the old fashion way. Treat my body like a dumpster and keep all my family and friends emotionally distant.

I do it the old fashion way. Treat my body like a dumpster and keep all my family and friends emotionally distant.

Lol almost threw up the water I was drinking through my nose... classic might post of the year..

Your wife or your shrink tell you that...

Edited by Kottbullar

I think I may be a disciple of your church without even knowing it. Well put.

Edited by Alkoholist

Oh for 's sake....I'm not exactly a fan of Coach McDermott, but attacking him for an awkward war analogy is pretty weak. You all knew what he meant. Lots of people make war analogies with the understanding that the analogies don't hold up to the gravity of actual war...even if this clarification wasn't explicitly stated. You military vets and hardcore Breitbart conservatives are starting to sound like bigger, whinier puSSies than any of the nose-ringed, purple haired, tattooed, soy milk-drinking social justice warrior fairies on the left. Get over the indignities of all the NFL kneelers and start examining how the current administration has used empty rhetoric and manipulated racial divisions in order to accelerate crony capitalism, the raping of Mother Earth, and the expansion of the military-industrial complex for the benefit of the few and at the expense of the many.....

Yeah okay, I'll get off my political soapbox now, but it pisses me off that a very interesting football event occurred last night and yet THIS is what people here are talking about. 

By the way, yes I think Coach Ginger Jesus Handclapping Process-Trusting McWrestler is a simple man. He would probably say the same about himself if you asked him. The thing is that you don't need a genius IQ to be a successful NFL head coach. The most important ingredients for being a successful head coach include motivational skills, work ethic, organizational skills, common sense, and experience. Complex X's and O's strategies and analytics are definitely important to the modern pro game - and guys like Belichick recognize this - but these aspects can easily be delegated to other coaches and staff members working under the head coach. Do a Google search of "Ernie Adams".

So far, I'll admit that Coach McDermott has looked very Dick Jauron-esque at times. So far he has been coaching like a typical defensive-minded coach with limited roster talent. But I'm willing to give him a mulligan this year and see what he can do next year with more of the players he needs to run his style of 4-3 and - oh yeah -maybe an actual franchise QB who can actually run a pro offense and throw to the WR's on the roster.

Mother of , I was going to say something meaningful about the upcoming Dolphins game. Ah it. I'm out. Oh yeah, one last thing: check the Orchard Park weather report for Sunday. Maybe a bit too early, but more snow!

Thanks to the Dolphins beating the Patriots, that now means that if the Steelers beat the Patriots, the Patriots will likely finish #3.  The Jags should win out, and will have a better conference record, taking #2.

How awful would it be to finally squeak into the playoffs at #6, breaking our 17 year drought, only to face Brady and Belichick in New England in the wild card game?

Thanks to the Dolphins beating the Patriots, that now means that if the Steelers beat the Patriots, the Patriots will likely finish #3.  The Jags should win out, and will have a better conference record, taking #2.

How awful would it be to finally squeak into the playoffs at #6, breaking our 17 year drought, only to face Brady and Belichick in New England in the wild card game?

It'd be awful for the Pats when we beat them.