Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

And TT is not gonna make it happen... Start Peterman and bring TT off the bench if need be... Got to light a fire under TT. Think this is as much abt getting TT going as anything.

Getting TT going? What the f does that mean? You think Tyrod is suddenly gonna be Mike Vick because he got his peepee slapped?  

Ain't this all some sh*t. Y'all are lost. 

And TT is not gonna make it happen... Start Peterman and bring TT off the bench if need be... Got to light a fire under TT. Think this is as much abt getting TT going as anything.

His entire career has been mired in speculation of if he'll even have a job the next game. I don't think there's any lack of fire for Tyrod

We have 2.5 years worth of data on what Tyrod can and can't do. And, no data whatsoever in meaningful game action as to what Peterman is capable of. If the coaches (who see these guys every day in practice) think Peterman is a better option than Tyrod then I'm okay with exploring that possibility. At worst it makes Sunday's game worth watching.

I almost didn't get past #1 since his long ball is a demonstrated strength. Not that it means too terribly much in the overall scheme of a successful QB, but he can mos def put air under it and hit a guy in stride.

I disagree. His deep throws almost never look good to me unless the coverage is blown and the receiver has time to adjust. His numbers aren't terrible on deep throws because he's usually too afraid to throw it deep unless his receivers are wide open.

We have 2.5 years worth of data on what Tyrod can and can't do. And, no data whatsoever in meaningful game action as to what Peterman is capable of. If the coaches (who see these guys every day in practice) think Peterman is a better option than Tyrod then I'm okay with exploring that possibility. At worst it makes Sunday's game worth watching.

Considering this year has been a throwaway for me since Day 1, I'm with you

Look at the AFC standings, watch the teams behind us play, and tell me we shouldn't try to get the best 7 game stretch we possibly can. We're halfway to ending this stupid drought. Give it everything you have because next year we will probably have a bad 2 game stretch WITHOUT the benefit of a 5-2 start, even if we're better, and next year we may well be back to 3 10-6 teams in the AFC West  making it impossible to get in. 

It is rare that the standings look like this at this point with the Bills in this position. Start Peterman if you it up and have 3 meaningless games at the end. Don't start him when you still have a real chance to not it up. 

Look at the AFC standings, watch the teams behind us play, and tell me we shouldn't try to get the best 7 game stretch we possibly can. We're halfway to ###### ending this stupid ###### drought. Give it everything you ###### have because next year we will probably have a bad 2 game stretch WITHOUT the benefit of a 5-2 start, even if we're better, and next year we may well be back to 3 10-6 teams in the AFC West  making it impossible to get in. 

It is rare that the standings look like this at this point with the Bills in this position. Start Peterman if you ###### it up and have 3 meaningless games at the end. Don't start him when you still have a real chance to not ###### it up. 

You really, really hate this guy 

You really, really hate this guy 

No, I hate what starting him in week 9 at 5-4 facing a weak team in a ###### stadium from the 6th seed represents. We just allowed 500 rushing yards the last two weeks practically, for 150 yards per carry. Coach keeps putting Vlad Ducasse on an NFL field, contributing to some of the worst oline play in recent memory. Giving up cuz Tyrod Sux and putting noodle rookie in the same exact spot does nothing for anybody at this point. 

Unless they watched Peterman and said he's ready to win 5 games to close out the year.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Unless they watched Peterman and said he's ready to win 5 games to close out the year.

Pretty sure this is the reason. They probably think he's better for the team. More points, and longer, more consistent drives to give the defense a rest

The cream will rise to the top. The Bills stink. We knew it before the season. We should know it now. Bad players = bad team.

It's the 2017 AFC. There ain't much cream. A deeply flawed AFC team will probably make the playoffs.

Query whether that's what the fans really want. Maybe they do.

I disagree. His deep throws almost never look good to me unless the coverage is blown and the receiver has time to adjust. His numbers aren't terrible on deep throws because he's usually too afraid to throw it deep unless his receivers are wide open.

We do disagree then. I had thought this was pretty widely agreed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmrPrqqTiHw

Pretty sure this is the reason. They probably think he's better for the team. More points, and longer, more consistent drives to give the defense a rest

Agreed.

I'm in the "McD must think Peterman gives them a better shot for the rest of this season than TT" camp.  He has to know that there is no such thing as long-term job security in the NFL or in a Pegula sports franchise.

It's a highly questionable decision, to be sure, but I do respect the fact that he's determined to take a shot at it his way.

As for TT:  I wouldn't agree that he's gotten a really fair shot mostly because he's had a terrible group of receivers for most of his time here, under both McD and Rex.  They lost Harvin early on, Sammy was injured a lot (even in games he dressed for), Clay has also been injured a lot, they traded Sammy this year, Matthews has been hurt as well, etc.

If the reason that TT got benched is anything other than McD thinks Peterman gives us the best chance to win on Sunday, it is absolutely the wrong decision.

This BS about seeing what we have for the future just makes my blood boil. the future. If Buffalo sports has taught us anything it's that there is no future. There is only right now. Win now.

I thought I'd stop in to throw a little shade at the coaching staff. Tyrod has definite issues and weaknesses, but the coaching staff apparently has no clue how to adjust for what the Jets and now Saints did. I have a tough time believing that there wasn't any adjustment that could have at least given Taylor a fighting chance.

His entire career has been mired in speculation of if he'll even have a job the next game. I don't think there's any lack of fire for Tyrod

Then he is what he is, but Ive seen him play better. Bills will not make the playoffs withh TT playing QB. Not saying Peterman will. But at least they find out.

Then he is what he is, but Ive seen him play better. Bills will not make the playoffs withh TT playing QB. Not saying Peterman will. But at least they find out.

Worse QBs than Tyrod have made the playoffs. Hell, worse qbs than Tyrod have won a SB

"It's not about making the playoffs... errrr, not about just making the playoffs." —Darcy Regier, "Suffering"

It's the same idea at play here. This is not a good team, not yet. And this move is all about the future. Why not find out what Peterman has NOW, in the most meaningful games, instead of in three meaningless games to end the season?

I can like this philosophy or not, but I will hand this to Terry: with both of his teams, I think his approach is consistent. Now let's get Ullmark up here and see what he can do.

Edited by PASabreFan