Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

McDermott said players where removed from their board because of character concerns, I wonder if Foster was one of those

I bet they traded down because Lattimore has hamstring issues as well.    Don't want to risk anther watkins or the guy they picked last year.

Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer 

There were several instances of Bills coach Sean McDermott using the word "I" instead of "we" when describing Buffalo's decisions in the draft Thursday night. McDermott at one point corrected himself by saying "we," but it served as another sign that GM Doug Whaley's role is diminished. Whaley has not spoken to reporters since the Senior Bowl in January.

Your guy is still on the board, yeah?

Yea. Was an emotional reaction to the Bills drafting yet another DB early. Not to say it was a bad pick, as we do need a corner, but man...just feels like freaking groundhog day. QB aside, I really felt Foster was worth gambling on at that point in the draft.

Yea. Was an emotional reaction to the Bills drafting yet another DB early. Not to say it was a bad pick, as we do need a corner, but man...just feels like freaking groundhog day. QB aside, I really felt Foster was worth gambling on at that point in the draft.

There's no way Pegula hired a gambler. 

Who's Foster?

A character risk of any kind? If so, a non-starter for Team McDermott.

Who's Foster?

A character risk of any kind? If so, a non-starter for Team McDermott.

Top LB rated pre-draft. Fell hard because of medical concerns with his shoulder (and apparent character concerns).

I have no problem picking a 4 year starter former top CB prospect out of high school with a late 1st. I know the perception is we keep using 1sts on CB's to replace the one that just left, but there's a big difference between taking Whitner/Gilmore/etc. with a top 10 pick and White with the late 1st. It's basically a 2nd rounder

Love the trade down, getting 2 first round picks in a year when the QB's are supposed to be great? Yes please.

The pick is fine, now get me a WR or two tomorrow and this will be a good draft.

Rule #1 of the draft is next year's QB class is always better. Then the season plays out, 3 guys everyone thought were great end up struggling, and people repeat rule #1. Every. Single. Year.

Know what else is going to happen? We're going to win 8 games, McDermott will think he can win with Tyrod if they just strengthen the roster more, and both first round picks next year will be used on position players.

One other thing that's gonna happen:  KC will win 10-11 games next year and the #1 the Bills get from them will be at the end of the 1st round.

I'm not criticizing the trade, because I don't know how good the players are that they passed on by trading down, but it's not like they got a huge bounty in return (unlike, say, the bounty they gave up in the Watkins trade).

One other thing that's gonna happen: KC will win 10-11 games next year and the #1 the Bills get from them will be at the end of the 1st round.

I'm not criticizing the trade, because I don't know how good the players are that they passed on by trading down, but it's not like they got a huge bounty in return (unlike, say, the bounty they gave up in the Watkins trade).

The trade value was nearly identical to the Watkins trade. Yea, the 1st will be about 8 slots lower, but we got a 3rd this year in the deal as opposed to the 4th in next year's draft. We got huge value for the pick.

This means QB pick is going to happen next year. Surprised the Bills were smart enough to wait a year for the next big QB draft to, well, actually take a QB

Uh huh. Talk to me next year after these guys get picked apart during the season and draft process. Everyone will be saying to wait for the next draft.

The trade value was nearly identical to the Watkins trade. Yea, the 1st will be about 8 slots lower, but we got a 3rd this year in the deal as opposed to the 4th in next year's draft. We got huge value for the pick.

Uh huh. Talk to me next year after these guys get picked apart during the season and draft process. Everyone will be saying to wait for the next draft.

I'm sure they will but there really wasn't a whole lot to be excited about as far as QBs go this year. I'm sure they say that every year, sure, but there was what? 4 options at QB this year? And none of them stood apart from one another. It looks like to me there wasn't anything special there

I'm sure they will but there really wasn't a whole lot to be excited about as far as QBs go this year. I'm sure they say that every year, sure, but there was what? 4 options at QB this year? And none of them stood apart from one another. It looks like to me there wasn't anything special there

You'll be saying the same thing next year. And if by chance you're not, because one of them really is head and shoulders above, you can offer both of next year's 1sts, and 1sts in the subsequent 5 drafts, and still not get to #1 for him.

Unless, of course, you think we're somehow going to be naturally worse than the Jets or 49ers. I don't think there's any way that happens.

Good, good! Let the hate flow through you!