Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I've seen White play in person twice and he can cover. No doubt about that. And, getting a 1st next year plus a 3rd this year in addition to a corner, which we probably would have taken anyway, makes a lot of sense. All picks are gambles and bad teams need as many new players as possible - trading down is a strangely rational decision coming from the Bills front office. McDermott wants character guys and guys who play well on film instead of "workout wonders" with the infamous "upside." I'm onboard.

Edit: I now see that I typed pretty much exactly what Jerry Sullivan wrote... strange for me to agree with him to this extent.

Edited by Potato

I think it's odd they haven't interviewed Whaley immediately before or after the draft.... just McDermott.

meh. I live in the NYC area and listen to a fair amount of sports talk radio. I couldn't even name the Jets or Giants GMs and I can't recall ever having seen or heard an interview with either of them.

Would've liked them to grab Howard, but if they were dead set on CB (& the rumors that Lattimore was going to be the pick) grabbing a slightly less rated guy & adding the 3rd & next year's 1 seems like a good call considering the holes they have to fill.

I've seen White play in person twice and he can cover. No doubt about that. And, getting a 1st next year plus a 3rd this year in addition to a corner, which we probably would have taken anyway, makes a lot of sense. All picks are gambles and bad teams need as many new players as possible - trading down is a strangely rational decision coming from the Bills front office. McDermott wants character guys and guys who play well on film instead of "workout wonders" with the infamous "upside." I'm onboard.

Edit: I now see that I typed pretty much exactly what Jerry Sullivan wrote... strange for me to agree with him to this extent.

I'm ok with this new draft philosophy. Since the 21st century began, we've seen the Bills waste 1st round picks on guys like Flowers, Losman, McCargo, Maybin, and Manuel....guys that no other sane NFL GM had graded as 1st round material.

Bills are going to win 10 games and get a WC birth. 

Chiefs are going to be absolutely wrecked by their division and will finish 3-13 and we will get one of those 3 golden QBs while also getting to play in the playoffs. 

Buffaluck is over. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wondered if White was a "high character pick" to fit Pegula and McDermott's "character" vision, and I saw that he wore number 18 at LSU and learned what that means. Then I heard him on the radio just now. The kind of guy you'd be proud of your son becoming. Great head on his shoulders. Haven't seen a single play of football from him in my life but I'm fine with the pick. 

Don't be silly, just click your heels three times while saying "character" and you'll go to the promised land! Or so McDermott has told me.

We basically are that movie anyways. No heart, no brains, no brawn.

Apparently the Browns tried, again, to get Garappalo from the Pats. 

"It's different this time," he said bravely.

But really, it is. Tra'Davious!

Who are you and what have you done with pessimistic Freeman? Do I have to remind you your boy Brandon is still around?

(Really though, it is a great name)

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Who digs this ###### up? A 6 year old tweet from a little kid?

Still, I want that shirt.

Think my buddy already ordered one :lol:

Yeah, makes me happy I didn't use that stuff a lot growing up. 

Edited by WildCard

I've been fairly optimistic about the Bills since they decided to keep TT -- because I think it was the right decision for this team, because I think it gives them a shot at the playoffs this year (as opposed to the oblivion that would've been locked in with Cardale or the Fitz-type journeyman they would've ended up with) and, most of all, because it signified to me that DW has been marginalized.

Also, I kinda like McD, although of course it's way too early to tell.

I've been fairly optimistic about the Bills since they decided to keep TT -- because I think it was the right decision for this team, because I think it gives them a shot at the playoffs this year (as opposed to the oblivion that would've been locked in with Cardale or the Fitz-type journeyman they would've ended up with) and, most of all, because it signified to me that DW has been marginalized.

Also, I kinda like McD, although of course it's way too early to tell.

I agree. While this is too early to tell what McD will bring to the table, up to this point the Bills are not conducting business as usual. And we will see what the entire draft class looks like. Up to know, I like the change.