Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

So was the 125 yards passing because tyrod is that bad, or is it because we have the most conservative coaching staff in the league again?

I thought there were some post-game comments that implied that they had more in the game plan but it just didn't happen. They didn't say if it was TT's fault (just not seeing the throws) or the receivers' fault (wrong routes), though. Game two of a new coaching staff, I'm not surprised that everyone isn't on the same page yet.

Edited by SwampD

Here's a mock draft for ya https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-six-wrs-in-round-1-steelers-grab-leveon-bell-replacement/

I don't like that he isn't under center a lot and I don't like the clap for the hike. I do like his pocket awareness and his ability to keep his eyes down field. He also changes the play a few times at the line and may recognize or have some experience with defensive reads. His intermediate throws are good. His long balls are okay, occasional misses but a 40yrd bomb might have that. He is 6'5" so he's able to see well over the O line.  Far higher on the list right now than Josh Allen.  Mason Rudolph is an okay name. 

Edited by LGR4GM

As always with mocks, I think there are too few QBs going early.

I wonder: Are mocks what the writer thinks should happen or will happen?

I mean: Are the the Browns really going to stand pat with Kizer?

As always with mocks, I think there are too few QBs going early.

I wonder: Are mocks what the writer thinks should happen or will happen?

I mean: Are the the Browns really going to stand pat with Kizer?

I think the Browns will give Kizer another year. They needed so much talent you can't expect a Rookie QB to succeed there. 

Alright so Bills-related fantasy football question...

My RBs consist of Shady, Dalvin Cook, Mike Gillislee, and that Carson guy for Seattle.

The league is non-PPR. I'm really considering putting in Gillislee for Shady.

Denver is giving up only 52 yards rushing per game including shutting down Zeke.

I could see Shady's day being similar to how it was last week.

With that being said, most people have a hard time benching their top fantasy player because of matchups.

Also, Shady has historically been much more productive at home rather than away. For example, last season Shady had 770 yards rushing and 11 TDs at home compared to 547 yards and 2 TDs away.

So, stick it out with Shady in a bad matchup or pull the trigger and put TD Mike in for Shady?

^

I trust McCoy was your top pick.

I stand by those core rules of FFB. One of them: Never sit your studs. Never.

The other one I always try to keep in mind: No one cares about your FFB team.*

*I mean that for situations other than ones like this one where you're posting a request for feedback, advice. What I work to avoid is telling tales that are ONLY of interest to me (and maybe people in my leagues) about how ... "holy cow, that one garbage time TD after 7:00 pm on a Sunday was HILARIOUS. My buddy Stewart lost his mind on that one because he thought he had the game won." No one cares. No one.

^

*I mean that for situations other than ones like this one where you're posting a request for feedback, advice. What I work to avoid is telling tales that are ONLY of interest to me (and maybe people in my leagues) about how ... "holy cow, that one garbage time TD after 7:00 pm on a Sunday was HILARIOUS. My buddy Stewart lost his mind on that one because he thought he had the game won." No one cares. No one.

No, it applies here, as well.

^

Stewart cares, I promise you.

Who does Gillislee play?

Pats play Houston (Houston has given up 118 yards rushing per game against Jags and Bengals). 

Of course, Gillislee's value comes in goal line duties and milking games in the 4th quarter. 

^

Yeah he was. I kind of feel obligated to play Shady no matter the matchup. Also, it seems like the one time you sit your stud player based on matchup is when he goes off for a huge game. 

No, it applies here, as well.

Hahahaha - so good.

Stewart cares, I promise you.

Fookin' Stew. For sure.

Pats play Houston (Houston has given up 118 yards rushing per game against Jags and Bengals). 

Of course, Gillislee's value comes in goal line duties and milking games in the 4th quarter. 

Yeah he was. I kind of feel obligated to play Shady no matter the matchup. Also, it seems like the one time you sit your stud player based on matchup is when he goes off for a huge game. 

Every damn time. Every time.

Well, I benched Newton for Rivers for this week, so we'll test that theory.

Newton's an amazing talent, but he's not what I would consider a fantasy stud. He's been erratic over the past several seasons -- last year was a stinker (he might have finished outside the top-20 of FFB QBs), whereas the year before that he was amazing (he may have been #1).

If I'd drafted Newton, I'd be playing him based on match-ups. Rivers is a better play this weekend.

What's worse, politics or FFB talk in this thread?

Close frickin' call

How about this:

With Buffalo's inability to stretch the field and open up space underneath, defenses are more likely to crowd the line of scrimmage.

Given that Denver has a prolific group of cornerbacks in their secondary, they are even more likely to play man coverage on the boundaries, leaving them the option to leave more personnel in the box.

How do you think this will effect Buffalo's offense? Will they attempt to open up the field more? Even if they attempt to open up the field more, will it change how Denver defends Buffalo's offense? How does all of this effect McCoy?