GDT: Buffalo at Nashville 8p ET 1/24/17

pi2000

Jack is struggling tonight.  Great players can struggle all night and get the game winning goal in the last minute.  I was at the game where Gretzky scored his 77th (to break Esposito's record)goal in a season.  He sucked for 2 periods and ended up wth a hat trick (along with Perreault).  Hopefully, Jack is that type of player.  Sort of like a good team can win a game when they don't play their best. 

I guess Jack is that type of player.

So there I am.. sitting upstairs where everyone is asleep and then THAT happened.

I mean... THAT happened.

That's Jack Eichel... slow.. methodical and then boom.. he's gone and bang its in the net.  HOLY... Ummmm HOLY... Yea... I'm done.  

I could not yell and shout lest I be destroyed by my wife.. but I certainly was gesticulating like a I had stepped on the center rail.  

WOW..

There's no reason the Sabres should win that game... none.  But I'll take it.

WHAT A GOAAAAAL!!!!

Woke up to 2-2 in third and been lurking, seeing mr. rebound fkn it up again to 2-3 and then 2-4 ...

And god does it feels good and worth it waking up 4 in the morning to see that the guys could turn this back around after a no goal on foggy etc.

WOOHOO!!

I was gonna say we need some MODO magic. Glad you saw it my man!

Jack is struggling tonight.  Great players can struggle all night and get the game winning goal in the last minute.  I was at the game where Gretzky scored his 77th (to break Esposito's record)goal in a season.  He sucked for 2 periods and ended up wth a hat trick (along with Perreault).  Hopefully, Jack is that type of player.  Sort of like a good team can win a game when they don't play their best.

Nailed it

He made a very smart play shooting it back into our zone when they were in trouble in the o zone.

Very subtle but so effective

That game was a microcosm of the rewards of the tank, and an example of what our 2 2's can do, what they'll be, and how special they are. In such different ways. Amazingly heady play and pass from Sam for the game tie-er, and a show of gamebreaking, jaw dropping skill from Jack.

UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME

That game was a microcosm of the rewards of the tank, and an example of what our 2 2's can do, what they'll be, and how special they are. In such different ways. Amazingly heady play and pass from Sam for the game tie-er, and a show of gamebreaking, jaw dropping skill from Jack.

UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME

Word, word!

My thing with Jack - it's so obvious that he has all-world skills. He really can be second only to McDavid among young players if he wants to be. If he had less of the first period and more of the second half of the third, he'd be unstoppable. He seems so easy to get off his game early on, and if he has to work extra hard for something it seems like he often quits and coasts. I don't think he's lazy, I think he's learning. If someone can give him the on-ice drive that ROR has, he will literally be unstoppable. The kid is 20 right now. I hope he learns this, because a lot of should-be stars don't. I think he will. 

Samson was giving marvelous puck support all night. He's not being told to but he can figure it out. We need to teach it to the rest of our players. I'll stop bitching about Dan if he can get them puck support and curb the desire to just fling pucks anywhere anytime and hope for the fight. Please Dan, please do this. We didn't watch 164 games of trash for Sam and Jack to grind em down, turn em around, and chip the puck in the neutral zone for the forwards to fight for it. Please evolve out of this. I think you can do it. I HAVE to have faith that you can do it, because I have no faith that Murray is interested in canning you to look for a coach who can.

Lehner sucks, man. I'm sorry. 

Felt like we should have lost that game. 2 important points, because literally every other game tonight went the wrong way for us. Need a W in Dallas too just to have any hopes of pulling closer during this little road swing. 

Are Des's parents on the road trip? That'd explain why he got a game, I expect to see Carrier next game so his parents can watch him too. That may well have been why we saw this switch today. Or not, maybe I'm crazy.

I can't wait to see the highlight of the tying goal, sounds like Sam did something awesome.

Sam may very well never stop progressing, and may very well wind up the best player on this team. I love it when he's confident like he was today. 

Risto is so unbelievably shot by the time the third period rolls around. It was incomprehensibly stupid to play him the ice time we did through the first half of the season, and everyone and their mother knew it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.