Expansion Draft -- Sabres moves and speculation

SabresBaltimore

My bad, didn't realize we could protect him. Wow Vegas isn't getting much out of us if they don't take ullmark. I still can't imagine anyone taking des. It's just a waste of a pick.

Would he be the pick or would he be a piece in a trade that protects another Sabres player from being picked?

I still wonder if we can trade them our first to unload a bad contract or two?

I wouldn't trade them pick eight for any of our bad contracts. Not even all three (Ennis, Moulson, Bogo) unless JBot has some sweet deals in place to use the cap space.

So how is this going to go down? Does the nhl have a long draft show planned where they will set up the draft board on the stage and just have Vegas logo on every spot, and give them time between teams where they come up on stage to announce their pick like they do the entry draft? Or is the league just going to have a list that gets unveiled at a certain time showing the picks? Could be funny for a bit to see the front office of the knights sitting in an almost empty arena going back and forth from their table to the stage announcing pick after pick

why?

I live 4hrs away and my boys are rabid hockey fans.     

Cheap rooms in Vegas on a weekday, and free VIP tickets for the show.   We'll spend a few extra days there, hit up Top Golf, some rides, attractions etc.

We were just there in February on our way to Brian Head, UT... but this time we're also hoping for a Bieber or Nickelback sighting.    

And maybe Lehner is the price the Sabres pay to unload Moulson?

That would create about $8MM-$9MM in cap space for next year (although they'd need to spend some on a goalie).

That would create about $8MM-$9MM in cap space for next year (although they'd need to spend some on a goalie).

So we give Vegas Lehner, in return they take Moulson?   Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Actually..... I'll allow it.

Talk about undoing the TM era in one stroke.  This would free up money to re-sign Kane for those that are interested and give us plenty of room to improve the defense as well.

If it's a 1 way deal there's no way Vegas is taking him.

Why not? He can still be sent down -- Vegas would just need to pay him the $750K. That doesn't seem like a big deal.

Vegas definitely takes him before they take one of the Sabres' bad contracts, IMHO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.