GDT: Buffalo at Chicago 8:30 pm ET, 1/5/2016

Doohickie

That icing call in the first really has me irked. There was a real possibility of going up by two there and that was just not icing. Moulson had the puck before either player even reached the dots. That and the tackle at the end of regulation that wasn't called and I just want to forget about this game.

Even with Eichel, we don't quite have MFT status just yet.

Really notice the differenced in blackhawks speed versus Sabres.

And yet.... we hung in there with them until OT.

Has anyone noticed that it seems like our best offensive chemistry pairs are combinations of centers that are ideally on different lines? It's pretty frustrating.

I said it upthread- Foligno is not a top-six forward, but when he plays with Jack he is.

Holy apples to oranges batman!

Well I'm certainly not going to invest the time to get screen caps of every time Bogosian fails to tie up his man in front...that's a lot of times! :p

Stafford is a better forward than Bogosian is a defenseman, is cheaper, and on a shorter contract. This comment should not be construed as support for the player Stafford is, but rather, a stinging criticism of Bogosian. 

Yes, Sabres fans sit around during intermission dreaming up witty comments for when the Sabres score on a carryover power play.

Every time I see a "highlight" of his, it screams beer league.

Fine for a fan to think that way. If the team thinks that way, and they probably do... not so much.

Re: team attitude, I HATE this comment by Marcus Foligno. If this isn't a loser's mentality, I don't know what is. (Taro, white courtesy phone for a Dick Jauron recollection, Taro...)

‘”It’s tough to put wins together in this league. You start getting to even about six in a row and it’s a lot,” Foligno said prior to Thursday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.

This is the full quote when he was asked about his brother's teams winning streak:

CHICAGO -- For just a second, move past the fact his brother is the captain. Sabres winger Marcus Foligno feels like lots of other NHL players: What the Columbus Blue Jackets have done this season is pretty awesome.

The Jackets' 16-game winning streak ended Thursday night in Washington, one game shy of tying the NHL record of 17 set by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1993. And it's one of several big runs in the NHL this year.

"It's tough to put wins together in this league. You start getting to even about six in a row and it's a lot," Foligno said prior to Thursday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks. "But a lot of teams are going to 8-10-12 wins. It's something that gives us some hope."

Foligno said he talked to brother, Nick, during Christmas break when Columbus was at 12 games and the report he was given made an impression.

This is the full quote when he was asked about his brother's teams winning streak:

CHICAGO -- For just a second, move past the fact his brother is the captain. Sabres winger Marcus Foligno feels like lots of other NHL players: What the Columbus Blue Jackets have done this season is pretty awesome.

The Jackets' 16-game winning streak ended Thursday night in Washington, one game shy of tying the NHL record of 17 set by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1993. And it's one of several big runs in the NHL this year.

"It's tough to put wins together in this league. You start getting to even about six in a row and it's a lot," Foligno said prior to Thursday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks. "But a lot of teams are going to 8-10-12 wins. It's something that gives us some hope."

Foligno said he talked to brother, Nick, during Christmas break when Columbus was at 12 games and the report he was given made an impression.

Kinda different when not completely and purposefully taken out of context.

So much for taking it a little easy on O'Reilly in his first game back after surgery (which is what one of the commentators last night figured Bylsma would do.  

I checked the box score - Almost 20 minutes of ice time for O'Reilly  He looked a bit fatigued in that OT period - just another negative in the Bylsma bucket.   Not to mention trying to do a line change like that with BOTH Kane and Toews still actively skating on the ice in a 3 on 3.      Line change should have waited until one of them was leaving the ice, or don't put a guy who is tired out on the ice, and recovering from major surgery who'd already put in 19 minutes of ice time, who'd have to leave the ice too soon.  

The sad thing - last night's game was very winnable.  And yet still lost.   

Well I'm certainly not going to invest the time to get screen caps of every time Bogosian fails to tie up his man in front...that's a lot of times! :P

Stafford is a better forward than Bogosian is a defenseman, is cheaper, and on a shorter contract. This comment should not be construed as support for the player Stafford is, but rather, a stinging criticism of Bogosian. 

Who's corsi is better??  :angel:

Eichel got a minus on the game-winning goal last night. Totally deserved and a valid way to analyze his performance in the game, right?

Obviously he didn't deserve that minus but he needs to get better defensively.

Obviously he didn't deserve that minus but he needs to get better defensively.

He played an outstanding defensive game.  His defense isn't the problem it is the shackles DB has put on his offense.  During the game, numerous people were commenting on how he was the best player on the ice for either side and was simply undefendable with the puck on his stick.  They also asked why he was not the number one center playing with guys who could keep up.  I had no answer.

Edited by 3putt

Well I'm certainly not going to invest the time to get screen caps of every time Bogosian fails to tie up his man in front...that's a lot of times! :P

Has Bogo really declined that much? Did Bogo get hurt last night or is he playing tomorrow afternoon?????

We are going for our first 3 win string of the season.

Our division is so poor this season the Jets still might have a shot at getting into the playoffs...

Helle starts in goal...who starts in net for the Sabres.?

edit ... Staf has been relegated to 4th line and under 10 minutes a game...the local fans are starting to say he should be moved so younger players get more ice time...they never read my posts I guess...if we had moved staf at the beginning of the season, we are getting a 2nd rounder for him...now? Lucky to get a 3rd...Myers with the team but not expected to play.

Keep an eye on Armia tomorrow...he's like a dog on a bone with that puck some nights but just can't hit the twine.

Edited by Ducky

It doesn't help that much. There's a saying in golf -- hit it and hope.

Good. At least someone is. He looks and sounds legitimately pissed about this season and the direction we're going in in general

And he's also right. I can definitely see why context would matter so much to him, in regards to how it happened that they failed to capture that 4th point. His comment at the end was smart too. They all add up in the end, gotta get them when you have the chance.

Good stuff from Jack.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.