GDT: Buffalo at Chicago 8:30 pm ET, 1/5/2016

Doohickie

Exactly. And he's right too. The mentality in Buffalo for the last 20 years has been ah well, at least we came close. That's a losing culture, and it's ######

And it almost seems like he's more upset at the suggestion that 3/4 was ok. Which is exactly your point. It's almost like he's actively trying to tell everyone that philosophy is garbage, in his view. Hold yourself to higher standards, kind of thing.

Rage against the machine, Jack. The Sabres need you. "Buffalo, I'm comin' for ya".

His mentality may be as important as anything for the Sabres.

And it almost seems like he's more upset at the suggestion that 3/4 was ok. Which is exactly your point. It's almost like he's actively trying to tell everyone that philosophy is garbage, in his view. Hold yourself to higher standards, kind of thing.

Rage against the machine, Jack. The Sabres need you. "Buffalo, I'm comin' for ya".

His mentality may be as important as anything for the Sabres.

Exactly right.  We're 2-9 after regulation.  It's not good enough to get 1 point that many times - I believe that's where Jack is coming from. 

More Eichels. Fewer It's hard to win consecutive games in this league but keep hope alives.

I love the drama involving Jack. This can go one of two ways. He's the nail that's sticking up that gets pounded down (was DDDB sending another message to Jack by not starting him in OT?) or he puts this franchise on his back and carries it out of the wilderness. (OK, there might be room for something in between.)

I hope Jack says "screw that" to any notion that he's too young to do it. He has to. Careers go quick. He sees the dysfunction. Why wait?

Even I tried to dismiss the disappoint of the loss with  - "3 out of 4 points on the road against two tough teams is good."   Perhaps even we fans have been lulled into complacency by years of mediocrity from the Sabres?   Looking through Eichel's lense, I don't think he'd approve of many topics at this forum that have the general tone "Well, it could be a lot worse" or "We'll get better.... someday".

Here's the thing - either Jack Eichel can help drive culture change at the Sabres... OR.... he'll get frustrated with Bylsma's play to not lose and dump the puck into the zone and head to the bench, and he'll sign with another team that wants to win.  

And then you hear Dreary Dan's response....you'd think he could show some sort of fire or passion instead of channeling Eeyore all the time??  lol  

Edited by Jsixspd

Even I tried to dismiss the disappoint of the loss with  - "3 out of 4 points on the road against two tough teams is good."   Perhaps even we fans have been lulled into complacency by years of mediocrity from the Sabres?   Looking through Eichel's lense, I don't think he'd approve of many topics at this forum that have the general tone "Well, it could be a lot worse" or "We'll get better.... someday".

Here's the thing - either Jack Eichel can help drive culture change at the Sabres... OR.... he'll get frustrated with Bylsma's play to not lose and dump the puck into the zone and head to the bench, and he'll sign with another team that wants to win.  

And then you hear Dreary Dan's response....you'd think he could show some sort of fire or passion instead of channeling Eeyore all the time??  lol  

Coaches across all sports seem so worn out and depressed. It has to be a terrible life. I think the expectation is that you have to wear yourself down to a nub to be any good.

It doesn't help that much. There's a saying in golf -- hit it and hope.

Seriously? This is what you posted:

"Re: team attitude, I HATE this comment by Marcus Foligno. If this isn't a loser's mentality, I don't know what is. (Taro, white courtesy phone for a Dick Jauron recollection, Taro...)"

‘”It’s tough to put wins together in this league. You start getting to even about six in a row and it’s a lot,” Foligno said prior to Thursday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks."

I simply posted the whole comment to put it in context and instead of you feeling embarrassed for taking something totally out of context you brush it off with some nonsensical golf ditty. I'm sure there are enough legitimate reasons to criticize the Sabres without making stuff up.

"Re: team attitude, I HATE this comment by Marcus Foligno. If this isn't a loser's mentality, I don't know what is. (Taro, white courtesy phone for a Dick Jauron recollection, Taro...)"

‘”It’s tough to put wins together in this league. You start getting to even about six in a row and it’s a lot,” Foligno said prior to Thursday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks."

I simply posted the whole comment to put it in context and instead of you feeling embarrassed for taking something totally out of context you brush it off with some nonsensical golf ditty. I'm sure there are enough legitimate reasons to criticize the Sabres without making stuff up.

I mean, you've been here for ten years now!

You don't seem to know what out of context means. I actually included more of the quote than was necessary. "It's tough to put wins together in this league" is all you really need. It's a loser's mentality. Jauron said it's tough to win in the NFL. Is it important to know he might have said, "Well except if you're the Pats, so that gives us hope"?

Good. At least someone is. He looks and sounds legitimately pissed about this season and the direction we're going in in general

I don't know if it made it on the telecast but during the second, the Sabres had a good cycle going and had the Blackhawks scrambling. The puck went back to Bogosian and he fumbled it without pressure and caused an offsides. Jack came to bench for the tv to, and was vocal and pissed. He got in Bogosians face a bit and ROR sort of cooled things off. I thought it was an appropriate time to step in and tell him to get his head out of his arse. He is not happy with the lackadaisical play and I think he expects more of those around him. He also was very physical along the boards and is willing to do the dirty work as long as someone steps up to capitalize on the effort. Good for him. I hope GMTM is watching because DD could alienate his franchise player if he is not careful.

You don't seem to know what out of context means. I actually included more of the quote than was necessary. "It's tough to put wins together in this league" is all you really need. It's a loser's mentality. Jauron said it's tough to win in the NFL. Is it important to know he might have said, "Well except if you're the Pats, so that gives us hope"?

The question posed was about the magnitude of the streak. Reading anything into his comment is asinine. A .660 winning percentage is top of the league and that amounts to 2 out of 3 over the course of a season. So he is correct in saying it is difficult to string wins together especially 16 in a row. Nothing to see here, have a nice day.

I know exactly what "out of context" means and I pointed it out to you in a polite manner. You, on the other hand are being obtuse and doubling down on a hand that would be wise to fold.

I don't want a player to think that putting wins together is tough. I'm not embarrassed by my opinion. Why should I be? It's a hockey message board. (There are those who should be embarrassed by their non-hockey posting; I'll leave it at that.) It reminds me of something Mike Schopp talked about during the tank when some people thought it wasn't "classy" to cheer for the opposition. "Classy? You're in the crowd at a hockey game!" he said. (paraphrase)

I don't want a player to think that putting wins together is tough. I'm not embarrassed by my opinion. Why should I be? It's a hockey message board. (There are those who should be embarrassed by their non-hockey posting; I'll leave it at that.) It reminds me of something Mike Schopp talked about during the tank when some people thought it wasn't "classy" to cheer for the opposition. "Classy? You're in the crowd at a hockey game!" he said. (paraphrase)

There isn't a single hockey player (football, baseball, lacrosse, etc, etc, etc, etc,...) alive or dead that ever thought putting wins together wasn't tough.

... even those that did.

There isn't a single hockey player (football, baseball, lacrosse, etc, etc, etc, etc,...) alive or dead that ever thought putting wins together wasn't tough.

... even those that did.

Alex Ovechkin: scoring 30 goals in a season isn't easy.

Ville Leino: scoring 30 goals in a season isn't easy.

Same statement?

How's the internet connection in your glass house?

My house is in good order. I can feel good about never having suggested that another poster is mentally ill. Still waiting for an apology for that one.

But I'm sure my list of non-hockey posting crimes is a long one! The legend of PA grows.

Ya know what? I'm taking my own advice for the second time today. Two lawyers on ignore. Not a bad day's work. It's going to be so much more enjoyable without the harassment. I won't even be able to read nfreeman's reply. So have at it, bud!

Wow, that seems a little sensitive to me. Let me offer you my condolences by giving you this avatar.

durex-sheik-sensi-thin-lubricated-condom

Wow, that seems a little sensitive to me. Let me offer you my condolences by giving you this avatar.

durex-sheik-sensi-thin-lubricated-condom

Thanks! Come again!

Sensitive? Nah. I've been dealing with their nonsense for years. Finally reached my quota. Today is the first day of the rest of my SabreSpace life.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.