2017 World Junior Championships

Brawndo

That game was freaking awesome. I hope USA can do it again when it matters. They seem to always beat Canada the first time and lose in an elimination game. No proof for that, too lazy. Just what it feels like. 

Oh, and the hockey is great. Phenomenal. But no way can NHL teams ever play like that and expect to last a full season. That's why tournaments are so fun, though. 10 games to go absolutely nuts.

And another goal. Another multipoint game. 11 points in 4.5 games so far.

Asplund had 4 helpers today. I'm intrigued with him. Hopefully it transfers to the NHL.

That game was freaking awesome. I hope USA can do it again when it matters. They seem to always beat Canada the first time and lose in an elimination game. No proof for that, too lazy. Just what it feels like. 

Oh, and the hockey is great. Phenomenal. But no way can NHL teams ever play like that and expect to last a full season. That's why tournaments are so fun, though. 10 games to go absolutely nuts.

I share your observation. USA has trouble in the games that count against Canada at multiple levels.

Maybe but I'm wondering why his game works for WJC but is pedestrian for the AHL.

But that's completely normal for someone who is playing in his first pro season, against grown men for the first time. It'll just take some time for him to get adjusted. And to continue to get bigger and add more muscle.

Furthermore, 17 points in 29 games is a good AHL start. Against his peers, in the WJC, he is dominant. That's a good sign.

Well, playing against other 18 year olds is going to be easier. But I think this is a good spot to snark about the Amerks playing Bylsma's system.

And that.

Nylander's leading the tourney in scoring and his stats are no mirage.

They haven't been inflated by a blowout game, he's scoring at even strength and he's riding on nobody's coattails.

He's produced a lot and consistently: five goals in five games, at least two points each game and 11 points overall.

He hasn't been passenger, he has made a key play on virtually all his points.

For those who care, he's also leading the tourney with a +10

Couldn't ask for much more.

Edited by dudacek

They haven't been inflated by a blowout game, he's scoring at even strength and he's riding on nobody's coattails.

He's produced a lot and consistently: five goals in five games, at least two points each game and 11 points overall.

He hasn't been  passenger, he has made the key play on virtually all his goals.

awesome

Gonna have to watch him Wednesday against the Czechs. :p

Giddy.

The only word I could come up with that best describes how I felt after reading your post.

Thank you for that.

Nylander with 2 more points, 11 in 5 to lead the tournament.

Asplund has 7 in 5 for a top ten spot.

I love watching this tournament but I'm saddened about pinning hope on prospects, has a tank feel to things. The Sabres are hurting and making it difficult to think we can make the playoffs.

Canadians are going to have their hands full for sure.  I've watched most of Sweden's games and they are a great hockey team.  Nylander and Eriksson Ek lead the way but they are a really deep team.  Asplund has played his role perfectly and guys like Grundstrom and Dalen have been very good as well. 

I think True is right about Nylander.  He has a real good look at making the Sabres out of camp next fall.  He doesn't win a ton of board battles but he's just so smart with the puck and has such a great shot.  Nylander on a line with Eichel would be magic.  Pure magic.  Let's hope he can take this momentum back to Rochester and have a nice second half run.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.