2017 World Junior Championships

Brawndo

Right. We are all worried about ads on jerseys. They just skipped all the way to the entire jersey being an ad.

That's not quite what I am getting at.

I'm actually okay with ads on jerseys. It's all the international soccer that I watch, I suppose.

I'm not generally a big patriotic type, but, in this case, the blending of private brand-promotion (the Bills) with the pretty sacrosanct concept of "love of country" is distasteful.

Is Larry Quinn somehow behind this?

It's that toadie Brandon. Bank on it.

Numbers on the front of hockey sweaters.

Oh. Yeah -- not sure on that. That sounds right, though.

My beef is not really with the look (although I think "USA" should be bigger and the numbers smaller (but, again, that's apparently because of their faithfulness to the Bills brand)) -- the gripe for me is how they have used the platform of our country's jersey/sweater as a means of promoting their brand.

DCSfeJ2UQAATYuh.jpg

On the one hand, sorta fun that Team USA will wear a commemorative jersey that is a dead ringer for the Bills jersey when they play in the Bills' stadium.

On the other hand, this is the sort of cheap gimmick that has Russ Brandon's fingerprints all over it.

I would buy one, but having the numbers added on and shipping takes the cost to about $250.  Would be nice if the Bills could make a version of a hockey sweater like this but have their logo on the front.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.