2017 World Junior Championships

Brawndo

Turned it on just in time to see Chabot get away with blatant holding or something and then score a goal. I see Canada brought the refs from last night.

Yes. Though #17 just did a world class coasting job on the backcheck.

I've seen 4 replays and still can't figure out who the bum was for the US who didn't back check a lick.

Yes. Though #17 just did a world class coasting job on the backcheck.

I've seen 4 replays and still can't figure out who the bum was for the US who didn't back check a lick.

Whoever Chabot tackled was late too. That's what Canada does, they go full LA, don't get called because the game is in Canada, and score on the ensuing rush/pressure the other way, almost always directly created because of

The illegally generated odd man opportunity.

Whoever Chabot tackled was late too. That's what Canada does, they go full LA, don't get called because the game is in Canada, and score on the ensuing rush/pressure the other way, almost always directly created because of

The illegally generated odd man opportunity.

Come on Randall do you actually believe what you say ? 2 goals on 3 shots is more than likely why Canada is ahead.

Come on Randall do you actually believe what you say ? 2 goals on 3 shots is more than likely why Canada is ahead.

Yes? Chabot tackled the player off the puck, so Canada gets the puck, no whistle (Chabot even looked over at the ref when he didn't hear one) and scored right away, before tackled dude even gets back, the guy that would have been covering Chabot, and then Canada took the momentum and should roll. They're good enough to not need that help, but they're obviously going to get it, like always, and so the game won't even be interesting.

Yes? Chabot tackled the player off the puck, so Canada gets the puck, no whistle (Chabot even looked over at the ref when he didn't hear one) and scored right away, before tackled dude even gets back, the guy that would have been covering Chabot, and then Canada took the momentum and should roll. They're good enough to not need that help, but they're obviously going to get it, like always, and so the game won't even be interesting.

Colin white is the U.S. player and it looked like more of a slewfoot to me but whatever. To suggest that the refs are payed off is beyond stupid but you've been harping about bad officiating this entire tournament have you not ? The U.S. got into the finals somehow. I'd like to think they did it without payolas but you just never know in your reality. Give em time. They'll fight their way back into it.

Colin white is the U.S. player and it looked like more of a slewfoot to me but whatever. To suggest that the refs are payed off is beyond stupid but you've been harping about bad officiating this entire tournament have you not ? The U.S. got into the finals somehow. I'd like to think they did it without payolas but you just never know in your reality. Give em time. They'll fight their way back into it.

They're not paid off. They're fully aware that it's team Canada in Canada, though. It's not flagrant, but it's enough unintentional help that it affects the game in a way that makes me change the channel when the Sabres come on, is all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.