The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Would you work 7/10s intermittently over the course of 30 years to be able to retire at 55 with a $4G/month pension, a $400G annuity that’s fully accessible at 59 and and fund that is designed to pay your healthcare premiums for multiple years?

Mortgage cleared, a maxed out/year Roth?

We literally have the ability as an organization to provide generational prosperity. I’ve spent the last two days educating high schoolers.

WNY is BUSTING with our work! Rochester is the busiest local in NYS right now. Industry is flocking here. We have a plentiful, easy water supply, the perfect system of rail, water and roads to become a Multimodal Master! (There’s a study underway to assess the project)

The biggest chip plant in the US is coming to NY, the Bills’ stadium, the cheese plants, the milk plants… The Dodge Report and Industrial Info resources don’t lie. 

I’m nearly 51. Four more years and I’m spending my days with a Jetson One (YouTube it) and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I deserve it because I did what the American Dream told me to do.

Work hard.

Don’t give up.

PTO? I’ll have a lavish, living, lifelong dose of it in a few years.

Just sayin’ and I ain’t complaining. Make a ton of money like a Boss or don’t. 
I was agreeing with the sentiment of the poster that I quoted. I did not file an official complaint.

We don’t need to those types of things. 

We also don’t need to beg our corporate overlords for time off. 

We just tell the foreman that you need to take of some life stuff and that foreman calls me for a replacement.

Easy peasy and free as bird!

Good for you.  Not everyone is the same.

Anyway,  cuddle buddies!

image.thumb.png.a54f62b15a4a9979bda34f35d214c6c0.png

• Like (+1) 1

This may be controversial (shocking) but I don't understand seat belt laws. I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt which is fine, I deserved it. It was a checkpoint and I didn't even try to put it on. I'll gladly pay the ticket and didn't give the trooper a hard time. I work in medicine and know that it's the smart thing to do, much like a motorcycle helmet. 

But it's a safety issue for me, not the general public. Speeding, reckless driving, not signaling, etc.... These are public safety issues. Me not strapping in my belt (while not smart) doesn't affect anyone else on the road. 

Spare me with the whole "driving is a priveledge not a right" I get that, but I have always and always will continue to find this law intrusive. Up to 18 wear your seatbelt, make sure your kids are strapped in.

Rant over, I'll pay the fine and maybe consider putting it on more, I still don't agree with it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This may be controversial (shocking) but I don't understand seat belt laws. I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt which is fine, I deserved it. It was a checkpoint and I didn't even try to put it on. I'll gladly pay the ticket and didn't give the trooper a hard time. I work in medicine and know that it's the smart thing to do, much like a motorcycle helmet. 

But it's a safety issue for me, not the general public. Speeding, reckless driving, not signaling, etc.... These are public safety issues. Me not strapping in my belt (while not smart) doesn't affect anyone else on the road. 

Spare me with the whole "driving is a priveledge not a right" I get that, but I have always and always will continue to find this law intrusive. Up to 18 wear your seatbelt, make sure your kids are strapped in.

Rant over, I'll pay the fine and maybe consider putting it on more, I still don't agree with it.

You can’t readily legislate a rule for people w insurance vs uninsured so we all follow the same rules to mitigate society paying for every nitwit that xxxxs themselves up because they won’t take basic safety precautions.

Edited by Weave

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

What if you're *****? It could mess up someone else's day 

Just now, PASabreFan said:

What if you're *****? It could mess up someone else's day 

If I'm dead? Sure, it could. My argument here isn't if it's smart or not for me to wear it (I know the answer) it's about the enforcement of a law that isn't really for the benefit of anyone but me. I'll make that decision. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If I'm dead? Sure, it could. My argument here isn't if it's smart or not for me to wear it (I know the answer) it's about the enforcement of a law that isn't really for the benefit of anyone but me. I'll make that decision. 

I tried to type ejected...

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Again, the law cannot differentiate between you and someone without insurance, so wr all follow the same rules.

And even with insurance….. all that means is a group of people are still paying for your decision.  So it’s not for the benefit of just you.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This used to be my argument.  Steadfast in it. Then, I believe it was actually on here, someone pointed out that a seat belt may keep you in your seat during a collision allowing you to retain control or at least better control of your vehicle so as to limit further damage. That changed my mind.  I always wore mine, but I felt it was up to each person. But imagine a collision occurs and a person not wearing a seat belt is knocked away from the wheel and the car crashing into someone/something else. That might have been avoided.

Small intrusion to provide a potential better outcome.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

This used to be my argument.  Steadfast in it. Then, I believe it was actually on here, someone pointed out that a seat belt may keep you in your seat during a collision allowing you to retain control or at least better control of your vehicle so as to limit further damage. That changed my mind.  I always wore mine, but I felt it was up to each person. But imagine a collision occurs and a person not wearing a seat belt is knocked away from the wheel and the car crashing into someone/something else. That might have been avoided.

Small intrusion to provide a potential better outcome.

This is a more rational take on reasoning. I sometimes wear it, sometimes I'm aloof. 

I known I've shared that a close friend of mind drowned because he couldn't get the seat belt off and yes this is rare. But it's where my seat belt aversion came from initially. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I tried to type ejected...

I'm surprised that was censored 

54 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This is a more rational take on reasoning. I sometimes wear it, sometimes I'm aloof. 

I known I've shared that a close friend of mind drowned because he couldn't get the seat belt off and yes this is rare. But it's where my seat belt aversion came from initially. 

That stinks that you lost a friend that way.  The possibility of crash into water or a possible fire used to be reasons for not wearing 1; remotely possible as either was.  But had a couple of cars w/ automatic seat belts and it was more of a hassle to not wear it, plus wifey being strongly in favor of them just made it a less annoying choice to wear them rather than not.

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It autocorrected to *****.

On 5/26/2023 at 5:42 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Understandable. Probabilistic outcomes are a concept with which you are familiar as well, and hopefully that plays into your ability to be less aloof so Doc Flow can be around for as long as possible.

So here in WNY, a police offier was dragged 60 ft after pulling over a Kia that was stolen. He has a fractured skull and is pretty messed up. 19 year old arrested. Instagram comment " Good, he got a cop " . GRRRR...

This young man that was hurt is a 3 tour Marine who saw the worst of battle. He put in a new bathroom for me after he left the Marines. His Mom is my wifes best friend. 

I hope the kid they arrested is proud of himself. I'd personally like to shoot him. 

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/town-of-tonawanda-officer-dragged-by-stolen-car

Edited by Night Train
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

On 5/26/2023 at 5:42 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's why I keep a resQme in all my vehicles. I just started putting together some IFAKs for my home and vehicles too. Now that I'm getting older I'm realizing how much those little things matter. 

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Either have Covid or I'm expecting. Huzzah.

image.png.79fc06caab05482fefdcb095b27cec9c.png

Ugh. I finally got it back in October. Wasn't too bad, honestly. I completely lost taste and smell for a few days, which was really weird. You start tricking yourself into thinking you can taste stuff, and then when it comes back you question whether everything tastes the same.

This is my second or third time (I forget) but I never lost sense of taste/smell.

This bout is basically like a head cold or flu so far.  Quit early yesterday, called in sick today.  (I'm work from home so I haven't been spreading germs at the office.)

• Like (+1) 1