The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

And while I'm on the subject. The nurse doing my intake info at the foot doc asked me if I had fallen at all in the last 6 months. I said "what?" she said "have you taken any falls in the last 6 months." I laughed and said, I play hockey, baseball and softball every week. So yeah, but none that weren't voluntary slides and dives, or car crash like collisions that ended up with me sliding on ice into the boards at around 15 mph. Does that count as a fall?

So according to Samson's instagram photos, he just graduated from USC? 

Wouldn't that end up being the funniest thing - Samson misses a few ROR practices during a stretch of exams, comes back, and after bitching about it Paul never bothers to ask him why he's not at the practices and, our media which just got scooped by everyone else for a bunch of firings and hirings never found out that Samson was enrolled in a program at the University of Southern California and now has his degree.

So according to Samson's instagram photos, he just graduated from USC?

Wouldn't that end up being the funniest thing - Samson misses a few ROR practices during a stretch of exams, comes back, and after bitching about it Paul never bothers to ask him why he's not at the practices and, our media which just got scooped by everyone else for a bunch of firings and hirings never found out that Samson was enrolled in a program at the University of Southern California and now has his degree.

Yeah Paul Hamilton doesn't have much credibility in my book.

Welp, I think things have finally settled down here at Rancho Sabrero. You guys hold down the fort and have a great summer. I'm taking it off but will return loaded for bear in the fall. See you in September, 20 blockheads in THAT direction! (Obscure RJ reference.) It's all yours, Eleven. And one more time there is to be no partying while I am gone.

Welp, I think things have finally settled down here at Rancho Sabrero. You guys hold down the fort and have a great summer. I'm taking it off but will return loaded for bear in the fall. See you in September, 20 blockheads in THAT direction! (Obscure RJ reference.) It's all yours, Eleven. And one more time there is to be no partying while I am gone.

<3

You will be missed.  Don't forget to write.  See you in September (late September).

+++++

It is almost time (about 10 days) for my annual Ramadan fast.  So, you guys will be on your own for a while.  I expect to be back before the fall, though, so consider yourselves warned.

You will be missed.  Don't forget to write.  See you in September (late September).

+++++

It is almost time (about 10 days) for my annual Ramadan fast.  So, you guys will be on your own for a while.  I expect to be back before the fall, though, so consider yourselves warned.

Doesn't it end in very early summer this year?

Also, it just occurred to me that you have to fast for like 20 hours a day while a Muslim in New Zealand or southern Chile only has to fast for 10.  That's kind of a rough deal.

Doesn't it end in very early summer this year?

Also, it just occurred to me that you have to fast for like 20 hours a day while a Muslim in New Zealand or southern Chile only has to fast for 10.  That's kind of a rough deal.

Yup.  It will end either 29, or 30, days (depending on the moon sighting) after it starts.  It should start at sunset (Islamic days follow the moon ... so days start and end at sunset) on May 25th, or so.  That would mean that the first day of fasting would start at dawn on the 26th.  The latest day Ramadan could start would be at sunset on May 27th. 

The new moon is calculated as 4:44 PM on May 25th (in Halifax).  Most of the world relies on moon sightings in Arabia (Saudi) as official starts / ends of Ramadan.  So, depending on the new moon calculation there and actual new moon sightings there (for Ramadan we rely on the traditional sighting methods) that is when the month will start.  So, Ramadan will end around June 25th, or so.

Yes, it is a long fast here (North America) at this time of year ... last year was the longest fasting period of any year ... 2 weeks leading up to the longest daylight day and 2 week just after the longest daylight day.  The fast is from dawn (around 4:00 AM now in Halifax) to sunset (around 8:35 PM now in Halifax).  On the last fasting day dawn will be about 3:30 AM and sunset will be about 9:05 PM.  Long fasting days.

I do not do a full fast for health reasons and will typically take a bit of water and an orange at around the half way point.  If I am in meetings and such I will take some more water before driving home, as we are not supposed to put ourselves, or others, at risk by fasting.  If you do, then you are really missing the point of the fast.

Salam / Peace.

You will be missed. Don't forget to write. See you in September (late September).

+++++

It is almost time (about 10 days) for my annual Ramadan fast. So, you guys will be on your own for a while. I expect to be back before the fall, though, so consider yourselves warned.

You and PA taking off at the same time? Christmas just came early!

I want that hoodie.Is he still getting paid by the Sabres?

Been a while since I looked at mechanics of compliance buyouts, but pretty sure they were paid out over 2x the remaining contract like regular buyouts are paid out. So, most likely both he and Ehrhoff are still getting paid.

Been a while since I looked at mechanics of compliance buyouts, but pretty sure they were paid out over 2x the remaining contract like regular buyouts are paid out. So, most likely both he and Ehrhoff are still getting paid.

It seems that the Hoff and that other guy are off the books, but the Sabres are still paying Cy Hgsn for another 5 years.