The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I missed this yesterday. Conductors do a lot. You might know when to play quietly or when to play loudly, but a conductor hears the entire group and if (s)he's not hearing the dynamics they want, they can get you to play quieter or louder than you thought possible.

Also, there is no way I'm counting 64 measures of rest. I'm just going to listen for when I know we're getting close then wait for the conductor to cue us in.:lol:

Soooooo, triangle or cymbals? :p

Please enlighten me. There's a 0% chance that this story isn't awesome.

Actually, there's a 100% chance it ISN'T awesome. Was thinking Ron Burgundy played the recorder rather than the flute. :doh: :wallbash:

But considering many flutists & clarinet players got their start on the recorder ... Nah, still a bonehead. :doh: :doh:

So, like Emily Lutella used to say, "nevermind." :doh:

Edited by Taro T

Actually, there's a 100% chance it ISN'T awesome. Was thinking Ron Burgundy played the recorder rather than the flute. :doh: :wallbash:

But considering many flutists & clarinet players got their start on the recorder ... Nah, still a bonehead. :doh: :doh:

You tried.

Such a majestic instrument.

"I'm Ron Burgundy?!?"

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Now that my move to Buffalo as a permanent resident is less than two weeks away, I'm thinking about what I could do for a side gig. I'd like to make a little extra money to help pay down some debts, but I'd also like to learn how to do something new at the same time. It could even be something that starts as volunteer work. Trying to better myself now that my life will have a little more flexibility. 

Now that my move to Buffalo as a permanent resident is less than two weeks away, I'm thinking about what I could do for a side gig. I'd like to make a little extra money to help pay down some debts, but I'd also like to learn how to do something new at the same time. It could even be something that starts as volunteer work. Trying to better myself now that my life will have a little more flexibility. 

You could always be a *hand model*, like my friend George.

Weren't you interested in voiceover work? You have a set of pipes.

Weren't you interested in voiceover work? You have a set of pipes.

"In a world where the Buffalo Bills win the Superbowl, one man is on a quest... hah hah hah, I can't even get through that line". Nope, he's doomed.

I hear you guys are getting Uber :)

Another more useful suggestion- you could check with the local Boy Scout council in Buffalo. I'm sure they have inner-city programs like we have here in Columbus. We pay para-pros to work with kids in schools that otherwise couldn't have Scouting. A lot of these kids couldn't afford the program, and many of them come from situations where their parents can't step up as leaders just because of life circumstances. So we pay people to go in and run the program for them. It's usually an after school type of thing, at least for us. Once a week per school, with multiple schools participating and various para-pros assigned to a handful apiece.

The para-pros don't get paid much (hell, I'm a full time professional and I don't get paid squat :P ). But it's a feel-good thing to work with kids who really benefit from a program they never dreamed of having access to. And it's not too time consuming. I think they work with our professional to make their own schedules.

Just a thought! It's something I'll probably do if/when I leave this current job, so thought I'd toss it out there.

Edited by EichSnipe

I hear you guys are getting Uber :)

Another more useful suggestion- you could check with the local Boy Scout council in Buffalo. I'm sure they have inner-city programs like we have here in Columbus. We pay para-pros to work with kids in schools that otherwise couldn't have Scouting. A lot of these kids couldn't afford the program, and many of them come from situations where their parents can't step up as leaders just because of life circumstances. So we pay people to go in and run the program for them. It's usually an after school type of thing, at least for us. Once a week per school, with multiple schools participating and various para-pros assigned to a handful apiece.

The para-pros don't get paid much (hell, I'm a full time professional and I don't get paid squat :P ). But it's a feel-good thing to work with kids who really benefit from a program they never dreamed of having access to. And it's not too time consuming. I think they work with our professional to make their own schedules.

Just a thought! It's something I'll probably do if/when I leave this current job, so thought I'd toss it out there.

Oooo that's a good idea.