The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Woman here.

The only time I accept a man bun is if you're some rugged rock climber/outdoorsman and your hair has grown long because you're focusing on topping El Cap and you sometimes need your locks out of your face. Sign me up. 

The trendy "half my head is shaved but check it- i've got an itty bitty little baby bun thing flopping around on my noggin" look- nope. Nope. No. 

I'd accept a ponytail in certain cases. Rare. 

Mullets? Nah. But I didn't grow up in an era where they were everywhere- I can't promise that my girlish whimsies wouldn't also have been serenaded by the pure raunch and machismo of a tight jeaned sex god with a front that means bidness and a back that says "They Call Me Iron Horse"

:lol:

That's just it. The mullet was a man's man hairstyle. Don't believe me? Swayze in Roadhouse, Kurt Russel in anything, Mel Gibson.

Man bun...name one. I can't. Not saying there isn't, I just can't.

I give you Jason Momoa. Good ol' Khal Drogo, Aquaman, not maybe that great of an actor, but in my opinion, is manly and can pull off a man bun. It's also because he fits my previous description of an outdoorsy rock climber. Dude shreds some serious rockwalls with his pal Chris Sharma. Following their Instagrams is inspiring. 

tenor.gif

I give you Jason Momoa. Good ol' Khal Drogo, Aquaman, not maybe that great of an actor, but in my opinion, is manly and can pull off a man bun. It's also because he fits my previous description of an outdoorsy rock climber. Dude shreds some serious rockwalls with his pal Chris Sharma. Following their Instagrams is inspiring. 

tenor.gif

No idea who homie is, but I am pretty sure he can wear his hair any way he wants. And no dude will be heard to say anything about it. Nope. Not me anyway.

... Please don't hurt me, sir.

tenor.gif

Jack Burton could take em. ;)

Just bought King's 'IT' in book form after seeing the trailer for the newest adaptation. Has anyone read this yet? I've only ever read one other King book, '11-22-63', and it's one of my favorite; really hoping for the same from 'IT'.

Just bought King's 'IT' in book form after seeing the trailer for the newest adaptation. Has anyone read this yet? I've only ever read one other King book, '11-22-63', and it's one of my favorite; really hoping for the same from 'IT'.

'It' is King's best effort, IMO.  One of the scariest books that I have ever read.  I have never watched any movie adaptation of it.

The book captures all of your childhood fears in a way that only King can.  When you read it be sure to have extra underwear handy, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

'It' is King's best effort, IMO.  One of the scariest books that I have ever read.  I have never watched any movie adaptation of it.

The book captures all of your childhood fears in a way that only King can.  When you read it be sure to have extra underwear handy, if you know what I mean.

I'm really interested to see if a book can actually be terrifying. I've never read a 'scary' book, I'm struggling to see how the jumpy moments in a film can translate well into a book. I mean, I know it does because everyone tells me 'IT' the novel is absolutely terrifying, but I can't see how.

This gets me really excited for it though 

I'm really interested to see if a book can actually be terrifying. I've never read a 'scary' book, I'm struggling to see how the jumpy moments in a film can translate well into a book. I mean, I know it does because everyone tells me 'IT' the novel is absolutely terrifying, but I can't see how.

You will fill your pants from fear.  Trust me.  I guarantee it.

Scares are more atmospheric and existential. I'm so excited for the new adaption.

Yep, read this one, although I read it after seeing the TV miniseries ages ago... so, so freaky.  I'm a little worried Hollywood is going to ruin it because there's no way to capture a 1000+ page book in a 2 hour movie without cutting some major material, but we'll see how they do.

tenor.gif

What exactly is that left hand doing?

My 16 year old stepson just started rocking a man bun.  He's in good shape and has no problem attracting girls, but so far the only positive "I really like your new hair" comments have come from the older/grandma crowd at church.  I think 3 or 4 septuagenarians have now offered up that they think it looks good.

My 16 year old stepson just started rocking a man bun.  He's in good shape and has no problem attracting girls, but so far the only positive "I really like your new hair" comments have come from the older/grandma crowd at church.  I think 3 or 4 septuagenarians have now offered up that they think it looks good.

Maybe his friends have tricked him into attracting the older ones so that the other girls in school will pay attention to them instead.

Insomnia...

Insomnia....

You border on the Adriatic.

Your lands are mountainous.

And your chief export is chrome.

A-am-bi-en,

A-am-bi-en,

You border on the straits of Saturn,

Your lands are made of cheese,

and your cheif export is a psychotic, psychedelic butterfly and sleep.

Insomnia...

Insomnia....

You border on the Adriatic.

Your lands are mountainous.

And your chief export is chrome.

Well, I can't help you with that, Mr. Trailer Park Supervisor, or is it Mr. Drunk?

And why have you not called me since your relocation?

I can be across the harbour bridge in 15 minutes. 

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS