GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers 7:30 PM EST 12/20/2016

The Dominator

Carrier has only played 20 NHL games, he's still got a lot of development to get through and will have a place on this team. At this current time, it's been driving me nuts seeing him on the top line and with no pay-off on the score sheet.

I think he has looked good for a 20 game rookie, and has some potential there, but by no means does that mean he should be getting 1st line minutes. But he has not looked out of place so far.

sorry to be pedantic: but it's a LW that's needed there, yeah? speaking of needing LWs - moulson with eichel is certainly sub-optimal.

copy that.

I hold out hope for Carrier, but it's looking like he projects into the bottom 6, possibly a middle 6 role.

Well, considering the team likely only has a single open slot on the top 2 lines in 2 years (Okposo, Reinhart, O'Reilly, Eichel, & Nylander are all slotted in there), that's extremely likely. Right now, he's one of at least 4 guys vying for that spot. If he is legit middle 6, that's great. (Assuming he's not lost to expansion.)

git is an openend source project for sharing code. Any command for git starts with 'git ---'

git fetch essentially means retrieve all the most recent stuff available

So, you wanted to git some ;)

Somehow, I think this isn't the venue for code humor, pal. git rm yourself!

Falk should be in for Gorges.

I give our D corps three games before one of them gets hurt.  Falk will be back.  Old Man Gorges is probably the most likely to have an injury that sidelines him.

I hold out hope for Carrier, but it's looking like he projects into the bottom 6, possibly a middle 6 role.

I think it's still too early to project where he ends up. I don't think I ever saw him as a top line guy.  Middle six is fine.  He can be another Foligno and that would be okay.

We'll obviously want Moulson to find the soft area for a Jack pass, assuming Jack doesn't shoot.,  Okposo provides the board play and is the guy who needs to gain possession once they are in the zone.  He's good at it. I don't think Eichel had that guy last year.  So either Eichel carries it in or Okposo retrieves.

Ok is pretty good at stickhandling too.  He's not as smooth as ROR but nearly as effective in terms of bringing the puck into the zone and possessing it in traffic.  He's just not as pretty doing it.  He's a pretty prototypical power forward.

I wonder if Florida regrets trading Kulikov? 

Why would they?  He's played twice as many games as Kuli, has 7 points to Kuli's 0, half as many penalty minutes and a 0 +/- to Kuli's -7.

Somehow, I think this isn't the venue for code humor, pal. git rm yourself!

Never!

git stash save awesome jokes

The geek is strong in this one. I like it.

There are a few of us computer nerds around here :beer:

Also a group of lawyers, physicists, and a surprising amount of medical doctors

Edited by WildCard

A great time for a Sabres team on the upswing to play a team that is ripped to shreds.

I hope for a good effort and a big win for the Sabres.  I have come to expect both.

JJ,

Do you ever go to Sabre games when they are down your way?

GO SABRES!!

I'll bet JJ is napping right now so he can have a full go of it tonight at the game.

OldGuysNeedNaps#   :ph34r:

Never!

Last one, I promise:

if [ git checkout yourself == false ] ; then rec yourself ; fi

Never!

<--Software Engineer. I got your git joke right away. I also had similar thoughts when "git some" was posted..

I'll be missing tonight game in favor of Rogue One. I'll likely record it and watch it tomorrow. Unless I hear the score, in which case I may just skim it tomorrow.

I'll be attending Thursday's game in person though..

Well, considering the team likely only has a single open slot on the top 2 lines in 2 years (Okposo, Reinhart, O'Reilly, Eichel, & Nylander are all slotted in there), that's extremely likely. Right now, he's one of at least 4 guys vying for that spot. If he is legit middle 6, that's great. (Assuming he's not lost to expansion.)

quite right. good man.

is carrier a player that would be exposed? i feel like i have to ask this for just about every player whose name comes up in re expansion.

quite right. good man.

is carrier a player that would be exposed? i feel like i have to ask this for just about every player whose name comes up in re expansion.

I could be wrong but I believe he's on an entry level contract so he wouldnt need to  be protected (same reason we don't have to protect jack or sam).

Edited by mustacheofgod

I give our D corps three games before one of them gets hurt.  Falk will be back.  Old Man Gorges is probably the most likely to have an injury that sidelines him.

I think it's still too early to project where he ends up. I don't think I ever saw him as a top line guy.  Middle six is fine.  He can be another Foligno and that would be okay.

Ok is pretty good at stickhandling too.  He's not as smooth as ROR but nearly as effective in terms of bringing the puck into the zone and possessing it in traffic.  He's just not as pretty doing it.  He's a pretty prototypical power forward.

Why would they?  He's played twice as many games as Kuli, has 7 points to Kuli's 0, half as many penalty minutes and a 0 +/- to Kuli's -7.

Kuli seems to be on for every goal we give up since his return 

quite right. good man.

I could be wrong but I believe he's on an entry level contract so he wouldnt need to  be protected (same reason we don't have to protect jack or sam).

He needs to be protected. He's the only ELC guy they do have to protect. The search function is your friend regarding the reason. (Can't recall it ottomh.)

Kuli seems to be on for every goal we give up since his return 

Yep, he's a -7.

Wait, that doesn't mean anything, it's his D partners fault right?!  Or maybe he's playing against really good players, let's cut him some slack!  

Last one, I promise:

if [ git checkout yourself == false ] ; then rec yourself ; fi

So I don't really code, but I was part of a hackathon team, and at UBhacking one year, we took second place with a "smart, secure bookshelf" called AGNEW. Until last year, our team owned the domain checkyourshelfbeforeyouwreckyourshelf.com.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.