GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers 7:30 PM EST 12/20/2016

The Dominator

If they do that five more times, their final record will be

37-22-23

I've never seen a record like that

They really need to just win some goddamn games

How wild would THAT be?  23 OT and shootout losses. Of course, giving up 23 points to the opposition might change the playoff cutoff to above 97 points.  

Just for an interesting FYI.  Highest place teams with high # of OT/SO losses and high # of reg losses:

•  2015-6 Carolina 35-31-16
  • 2014-5 LA 40-27-15
  • 2013-4 Detroit  39-28-15  ***

Only one on this short list to make the playoffs.

How many shootout goals have the Sabres scored this season? I completely understand that Lehner is just plain awful. I mean he is freaking terrible. Just plain revolting. He stinks on ice! But man, our shooters blow too.

But the issue is - we have only 2 or 3 shot attempts IN the shootout before the other team wins.  When the first 2 or 3 shots go in the goal like it's literally an empty net,  just about any team  will lose in the first round every time.  

A great time for a Sabres team on the upswing to play a team that is ripped to shreds.

I hope for a good effort and a big win for the Sabres.  I have come to expect both.

JJ,

Do you ever go to Sabre games when they are down your way?

GO SABRES!!

I'll bet JJ is napping right now so he can have a full go of it tonight at the game.

OldGuysNeedNaps#   :ph34r:

I was ready to get a pair of club seats, or a pair of front row, red line, upper level seats. Nobody could go with the holidays coming up. I wasn't gonna go by myself. I want to hit the Tampa game in two weeks though. 

I got my nap in during the first period. smiley_to_sleep012.gif

Edited by JJFIVEOH

forgot about him on shootouts - effective, yes?

He's 16 of 40 (40%) in his career.

He has no attempts this seasons, and was 1/3 last year.

Ryan O'Reilly is 0 for 8 as a Sabre the last 2 seasons.

Edited by pi2000

It's funny about pi.

There's been a number of apparently wacky, out-there pronouncements from him (reading tea leaves on Matthews, right?), but, on balance, I agree, at least in substance, with the large majority of his takes on all matters hockey.

/puts his hand up for a high-five from pi.

//sees pi not looking his way.

///recovers by running hand through thinning hair.

ROR is the worst shootout shooter outer ever. Seriously, he should never ever participate. If there is ever a game where the opposition shoots wide 11 times in a row(because you know that Robin is never going to stop one), our 12th shooter should be Gorges, or Fedun, or even Lehner. Seriously, no shootout for ROR.

It's funny about pi.

There's been a number of apparently wacky, out-there pronouncements from him (reading tea leaves on Matthews, right?), but, on balance, I agree, at least in substance, with the large majority of his takes on all matters hockey.

/puts his hand up for a high-five from pi.

//sees pi not looking his way.

///recovers by running hand through thinning hair.

Unrelated, but two absolutely awesome Sabre-moments this season involved slicking back hair. Marcus mid-fight with Thornton last night, and ROR before celebrating a gorgeous backhand goal after losing his helmet earlier in the play.

Unrelated, but two absolutely awesome Sabre-moments this season involved slicking back hair. Marcus mid-fight with Thornton last night, and ROR before celebrating a gorgeous backhand goal after losing his helmet earlier in the play.

Haha - had not put those together!

Nick Foligno had a funny RT about that footage of Marcus's hair alignments - I will try to find it.

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/NickFoligno/status/811437526166736897

#prettytough is funny

I'd like to add that last night was the first time in years I didn't add an hour extention to my DVR recording of the game. So of course I miss the last 2 shooters in the shootout. Since every like 5th game goes to OT or shootout, you think someone would have figured out by now to just incorporate that extra time and record 4 hours just in casies. I didn't really care last night as I knew the outcome but come on. Back to adding an hour to all my recordings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.