GDT: NY Islanders at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 12/16/2016

Doohickie

Remember when the NYI, signed Ladd instead of Okposo

Between that, Lucic, and Backes, it's hard to say which is the dumbest signing

Imagine being an Islanders fan right now. Bottom of the league, Ladd contract, Snow and Capuano, and Tavares is going to be a UFA.

Edited by WildCard

Politics, you're talking about politics right?

Look, if you want to read about politics, you'll just have to read TASS like everybody else. The timing of this clampdown is pretty curious.

I don't really know what to think of this game. I'm certainly not betting on it.

Several years ago, the Islanders started with a rebuild based on an elite centre - Tavares.

They had some success, but now they're totally tail spinning.

Whaddup, Isles?

I read somewhere about how Garth has committed absurd amounts of money to a pair of plug 4th liners (sorry no link, no names), while letting useful scoring players like Okposo walk.

Lucic and Backes have both been playing well from what I've seen - KO has been better than both though. Ladd has been terrible, and Eriksson hasnt been great either.

Long-term, KO will remain the best contract unless his physical abilities completely disappear. Lucic is already three steps slower than his prime and will only get worse, the last two-three years of that deal may be very ugly.

Several years ago, the Islanders started with a rebuild based on an elite centre - Tavares.

They had some success, but now they're totally tail spinning.

Whaddup, Isles?

I read somewhere about how Garth has committed absurd amounts of money to a pair of plug 4th liners (sorry no link, no names), while letting useful scoring players like Okposo walk.

They couldn't give Okposo 6 mil per year so they gave 7 mil to Cizikas and Clutterbuck combined, and then 5.5 to Ladd who's done like dinner.

And Those three have combined for 10 goals in 29 games at a cost of over 12 mil in cap space. KO at 6 mil has 9 goals in 26 games played.

Ladd has 4 goals, 7 points in 29 games.

They couldn't give Okposo 6 mil per year so they gave 7 mil to Cizikas and Clutterbuck combined, and then 5.5 to Ladd who's done like dinner.

And Those three have combined for 10 goals in 29 games at a cost of over 12 mil in cap space. KO at 6 mil has 9 goals in 26 games played.

Ladd has 4 goals, 7 points in 29 games.

Oy vey.

Not only locked but also deleted... guess I better not say anything against Lord Trumptemort, might get tossed out of here. 

I don't think we will have the cap to sign Tavares unless we don't want to have a defense. That being said I love that Okposo signing and whatever Snow did to drive him away was awesome. 

Leafs :wallbash:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-john-tavares-to-toronto-maple-leafs-talk-heats-up-1.12609716

And no one can know what Tavares really thinks about the prospect of playing for the Leafs and being the focus of a whole city rather than the quieter slice of life he experiences playing for the Islanders. He does not hang out in New York City much, if at all, preferring the slower life on Long Island where he can focus on hockey.

Not a lifestyle he could continue in Toronto

And this is older article

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tavares-playing-maple-leafs-not-count/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.