GDT: NY Islanders at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 12/16/2016

Doohickie

Risto isn't quite there yet, but his play on the GWG -- seeing the open ice and the opportunity for a 3-on-1, accelerating into that ice, calling for the puck and then burying it -- was the kind of play that a no-BS star defenseman makes.

Okposo isn't quite a star IMHO but he is a very good, professional, smart player. That was a terrific play he made on the GWG.

I didn't like Lehner's play on the first NYI goal, as he seemed to get caught flat-footed deep in his crease -- but otherwise he was terrific and won the game for his team. Good for him and for the Sabres.

Kane got under 14 min again and most of his shifts on the 4th line, but also seemed to get a number of shifts with ROR and 2nd PP unit. He may be working his way out of DDB's doghouse.

Falk seemed reasonably steady.

I had no problems with Kulikov's game last night, although others here seemed to.

Boychuk's hit was suspendable IMHO. We'll see.

Overall, I would've liked to see them come out stronger last night -- NYI dominated the 1st period -- but they showed some heart and determination in sticking with it and pulling out the W. Now they need to keep it going.

I did notice that Bylsma had Kane move around the lineup. I kind of like rotating players as the game situation dictates. Eichel-ROR-Okposo had a shift together at one point.

Quite frankly, when Ennis gets healthy and hopefully gets his game back, stick him on that line in place of D-Lo, call that "line 3A" to Larsson's 3B, and roll four lines baby

Our first goal, you can see Risto look at larsson for that redirect.  

The Moulson goal is a typical goal for him, he has some puck luck this year :D

These things balance out.  He was snakebit last year.

How many shifts did Eichel miss? Would he have missed time if he wasn't pulled by the concussion spotter?

He actually went out on the power play right after the incident.  While he was out on the ice, the concussion protocol people summoned him.  He went back, got checked out and returned to the bench.  How many shifts?  As long as it takes to run the protocol and pass it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.