GDT: NY Islanders at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 12/16/2016

Doohickie

Anyway, back to the Tavares convo, two relatives becoming heroes in the same town for two different sports would make for a great story. It isn't going to happen though, because he isn't leaving Brooklyn, and even if he did we can't afford it.

Edited by sodbuster

Anyway, back to the Tavares part of the convo, two relatives becoming heroes in the same town for two different sports would make for a great story. It isn't going to happen though, because he isn't leaving Brooklyn, and even if he did we can't afford it.

I hope he stays there. As a fan I want him elsewhere, but as a Sabres fan I want him under Garth where I know he will never succeed

I would hope a moderator would reinstate the original thread. We got the Random Thread back the same way.

If they want to do that, whatever. I wanted to make a point. I regret deleting the great conversation that I did, but please, let's keep this thread ON TOPIC and keep the meta-discsussions out.

Remember when we agreed not to talk tank in the GDTs?  How about if we agree not to talk about politics, as well as not talking about why we're not talking about politics, in GDTs.  This is, first and foremost, a hockey forum.

Can't you just delete specific posts?   There was good stuff in that thread.

Anyway, JF Berube is starting in the cage or the Isle.  

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116737

This will be only his 9th career start in the league.

He's played a grand total of 6 minutes of professional hockey this season and 12 games total last year due to a LBI.

Not sure if Greiss or Halak will be backing him up tonight.

Can't you just delete specific posts? There was good stuff in that thread.

Anyway, JF Berube is starting in the cage or the Isle.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=116737

This will be only his 9th career start in the league.

He's played a grand total of 6 minutes of professional hockey this season and 12 games total last year due to a LBI.

Not sure if Greiss or Halak will be backing him up tonight.

This game has become the equivalent of playing the Browns this Sunday. We should destroy the Islanders tonight

Much appreciated, anon mod

Edited by WildCard

I'm just confused because the thread here gets locked for a while after some rising tempers, and I can go to the one on the other board run by the same person, find absolutely nothing of value and derogatory content way worse than what closed this one, that occurs with regularity, and is allowed to fester. And then over here the discussion leaks into every thread because the original one is locked. I don't even care whether we have one or not but it's obvious there's a demand and it's obvious that this board handles the discussion better than almost every place on the Internet. I dunno.

I really hope we don't make Berube look like Price.

If they want to do that, whatever. I wanted to make a point. I regret deleting the great conversation that I did, but please, let's keep this thread ON TOPIC and keep the meta-discsussions out.

Remember when we agreed not to talk tank in the GDTs?  How about if we agree not to talk about politics, as well as not talking about why we're not talking about politics, in GDTs.  This is, first and foremost, a hockey forum.

I remember posts about the tank making there way into all sorts of GDTs that year. I don't remember GDTs being summarily deleted because of it.

Nobody likes being condescended to and relegated to other forums because moderators don't agree with certain viewpoints as seems to be the case around here lately.

"Moderators can't stop talking about this one simple trick to keep threads on topic!"

Reinstate the damn Politics thread FFS

It might work. Not sure why people feel obligated to discuss politics anywhere in this forum, let alone hijacking threads to do it. To each their own.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.