The Eichel Scrapbook!

Randall Flagg

I'm sorry if you had a good post that was collateral damage, RF.  Mean it.  But it was clear that the "old" (as in a day old) thread wasn't wanted.

Let's not turn this one into another thread about debating the propriety of threads.  

Again, I am sorry if you lost some content.

Chz found it, it's in the original post. 

Glad you had a great night, my friend!  :beer:

This was certainly a scrapbook moment, tonight. I'll get the videos in here when they're up, unless someone else beats me to it.

Randall,

I implore you to make this thread great by implementing an open/lock system. You should be the only one posting in it. If not, then a scrapbook of memories will be devolve into more scraps than memories.

SDS too heavy handed... but agree he should approve of each post for relevancy.

Eichel created a goal last year when with his back to the net he passed the puck with the blade of his skate on the puck back to a linemate in front of the net. I can't remember ever seeing anything like it before or since. Anyone know the play I'm talking about?

Girgensons scored it, it was at MSG last year. Forget the date but we were down 3-1 or 2-0 until he had two quick assists, both to Zwmgus, but then the Rangers put us away quickly.

SDS, when I have a second I'm gonna ask you a few questions about that if that's alright

Girgensons scored it, it was at MSG last year. Forget the date but we were down 3-1 or 2-0 until he had two quick assists, both to Zwmgus, but then the Rangers put us away quickly.

SDS, when I have a second I'm gonna ask you a few questions about that if that's alright

Great memory.  I which the attached video focused more on Jack's pass to Big Z on the first goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RInYqZcb2u4

Randall,

I implore you to make this thread great by implementing an open/lock system. You should be the only one posting in it. If not, then a scrapbook of memories will be devolve into more scraps than memories.

So, is this really how we're going to do it? Is everyone else okay with that?

I'm thinking pictures, videos, little tidbits/facts? Anything more or less that would be good? 

I think anyone posting in this thread should hesitate before doing so and ask him/her/it self whether the post is really scrapbook-worthy.  It shouldn't be just some random non-Eichel video clip or song or random thought about whether Eichel should be captain, etc.  Every single post should be a "holy mackerel -- did Eichel really do that?" moment.

(Of course, this post fails that test, but still.)

What about articles about Jack, videos like the Beyond the Blue and Gold about him that came out last year, stuff like that? 

It's your thread (check the edited submission name & missing posts &c.)  Do what you want!  But I do like the idea of keeping it scrapbook-y.  I would think things like that are scrapbook-y.

Randall,

What crawled up your butt?

Just let us have our threads.

So, it seems like we're just about squared away on what this thread is going to be. Is everyone okay with me deleting the posts outlined that process, that don't fit the accepted scrap-book definition, when ready?

And in the future, if people want to add stuff they can, but I might edit it to add details relevant to the moment, picture, video. And if anyone questions something I do, let it be known here or through PM. 

So, it seems like we're just about squared away on what this thread is going to be. Is everyone okay with me deleting the posts outlined that process, that don't fit the accepted scrap-book definition, when ready?

And in the future, if people want to add stuff they can, but I might edit it to add details relevant to the moment, picture, video. And if anyone questions something I do, let it be known here or through PM.

Randy, enjoy. You started it, you get to finish it. (Just beware of PA just because. ;))

Rand (can I call you Rand?), I say go. Delete anything that isn't "primo content" (like this post). I'd leave it open for people to post but moderate it with a heavy hand.

Edited by MattPie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.