The Eichel Scrapbook!

Randall Flagg

I'll disagree. The only people I see standing are 2 Leaf fans (one with the thumbs down, the other with the middle finger) and those two Sabre fans who are rising from their seats as Eichel approaches the glass (too late for my taste).

Everyone else looks seated to me. See how the two late-risers obscure the view of the fans behind them once they stand? See how the guy next to the lady in the yellow Sabres jersey is - what - rubbing his ear? That dude's seated.

Smell, you magnificent bastard.

Now, now.

Also: Derp McDerp in the rust-coloured vest and Sabre hat is sitting. With his hands in his lap. He is sitting with his hands in his lap while one of the greatest hockey players ever to don the blue and gold skates directly toward him to celebrate a goal and taunt the rival team's fans.

FML.

Now, now.

Also: Derp McDerp in the rust-coloured vest and Sabre hat is sitting. With his hands in his lap. He is sitting with his hands in his lap while one of the greatest hockey players ever to don the blue and gold skates directly toward him to celebrate a goal and taunt the rival team's fans.

FML.

Buffalo script hat? I can't tell. This needs to go to Chloe stat.

I'm going to need a Randallesque breakdown of this cuz I don't see a single thing of what smell is talking about. When Jack goes to the glass, all I see is Leaves fans.

Oh, it's all there. Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see (hey NS).

Buffalo script hat? I can't tell. This needs to go to Chloe stat.

I'm obviously watching the wrong replay because I don't see any of it and just stopped caring.

I'm going to need a Randallesque breakdown of this cuz I don't see a single thing of what smell is talking about. When Jack goes to the glass, all I see is Leaves fans.

Come on, dude. 2 rows back. Guy and a girl are rising to their feet as Jack skates over. Meanwhile in section 118, Boyes and I have been screaming for the last 7 seconds. My voice is breaking from screaming my lungs out, our hands sting from a solid high five or two, and these two dingleberries are just now standing up? Seriously? They suck.

Come on, dude. 2 rows back. Guy and a girl are rising to their feet as Jack skates over. Meanwhile in section 118, Boyes and I have been screaming for the last 7 seconds. My voice is breaking from screaming my lungs out, our hands sting from a solid high five or two, and these two dingleberries are just now standing up? Seriously? They suck.

Which goal?

This one:

ezgif-2-bbbe761763.gif

You may be having a display issue? Can you not see Derp McDerp in the rusty vest?

Hey - at least they stood up. All others pictured did not, as best I can tell.

Which goal?

Watch this .gif (hopefully this one will work):

GdCVxSB.gif

Here's the breakdown

Step 1:

VVmEZ6B.gif

Only 2 Sabres fans visible, both sitting

Step 2:

F649VRs.gif

4 Sabres fans visble, all sitting, #'s 3&4 is starting to stand.

Step 3:

VKTHfPy.gif

3 or 4 Sabres Fans visible, #4 is hard to tell. #2 &3 are definitely standing.

In review, I agree, the non standing fans should be removed from the premises immediately and never allowed to return. At least the girl stood up eventually. COME ON PEOPLE.

EDIT: After watching the gif again, both guy and girl are standing by gifs end. Smell's argument is that they already should have been standing, anyways.

Link to the full album: http://imgur.com/a/oUxA6

Edited by sabills

I haven't seen any replays in a few days and the GIFs aren't working for me, but the crowd reaction in the 100 level looks so bad because there were maybe 100 Sabres fans in the entire thing. It really was shocking how badly we were taken over.

I mean it when I say (type) it: Thanks for remembering that. 

I remember that feeling. I STILL get that feeling - regularly. Simple stuff. Like, when he cruises toward a puck battle down low, turns his hips, and just SHRUGS off an NHL d-man.

This is happening more and more often too. It's a regular play now, escaping one or two guys on the boards with possession, using that simple shrug, and it's mind-blowing how easy it is for him to do. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

I am seeing what you are seeing ... all Leaves jerseyed moaners moaning.

Any friend of Freddie is a friend of mine ... I'm just a poor boy ...

Awesome video, thanks Brawndo

Love Weekes even before this, he's always been a guy that knows his stuff. Said something earlier this year that he mentioned; the WJC and the injury showed him that he has to move his damned feet or he'll only ever be good. His play away from the puck is so much better than last year, it's incredible

Sorry if it doesn't belong here, but this is our Significant Eichel thread.

"“Pretty loyal to us, obviously,” Eichel said. “Sellout games, we don’t play well, they’re here. We played good they’re here. We play bad they’re here. … I got nothing but great things to say about these fans. They’ve been nothing but great to us, nothing but great to me, my family, all my friends. Whenever they’re in town, they treat them great."

+++

Effing love that quote.

Sorry if it doesn't belong here, but this is our Significant Eichel thread.

"“Pretty loyal to us, obviously,” Eichel said. “Sellout games, we don’t play well, they’re here. We played good they’re here. We play bad they’re here. … I got nothing but great things to say about these fans. They’ve been nothing but great to us, nothing but great to me, my family, all my friends. Whenever they’re in town, they treat them great."

+++

Effing love that quote.

Good stuff. I also hope one day that Eichel can speak truth to power to the fans and politely or not so politely explain how much a home ice advantage could mean, how they need the fans to make some noise in that joint etc. He could also call out the folks responsible for 10,000 Leaf fans in the building.

Good stuff. I also hope one day that Eichel can speak truth to power to the fans and politely or not so politely explain how much a home ice advantage could mean, how they need the fans to make some noise in that joint etc. He could also call out the folks responsible for 10,000 Leaf fans in the building.

Leaving aside the Leaf fan thing for season ticket holders to address, 

It's a library in there for every non-Leaf game and it sucks, and when I try to chant/shout I get "looks" cast in my direction. I know that many others here have said the same. 

I know the team has been trash for so long, but I also know that when I sit in the arena that's the last thing I'm thinking of. When I'm actually at the game, it's easy to get totally into the moment. The dark clouds are only present on the couch at my house during game time. 

I mean, these same fans go absolutely ballistic at Bills games still, and the Bills have been far, far worse for far, far longer. I don't know what gives.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.