Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I think you have it backwards.

Dan is a bad coach.

Nolan is a bad NHL coach.

I don't believe Dan would have gotten Latvia to play in the Olympics as good as Nolan did.

Latvia played like utter garbage. They were bailed out by an epic goaltending performance. Story of Nolan's career.

You people need to stop making me defend a coach I hate. Bylsma sucks. Nolan sucks far more.

Come on, we both know Bylsma coaching Latvia would have been all "Well, all these other teams are just so much better than us. They're just so good. It's hard to win in the Olympics. We just need to go out there, grind em down." 

Come on, we both know Bylsma coaching Latvia would have been all "Well, all these other teams are just so much better than us. They're just so good. It's hard to win in the Olympics. We just need to go out there, grind em down." 

that avatar tho

One thing I think we can all agree on is the amount of suckatude that the last three coaches have brought to the Sabres.

The GM tanked the team for players. The players are tanking for a new coach just by adhering to his system. I fully support the player tank!

No player has ever and will never 'tank'.  I could hardly bring myself to say 'that' word.

It's not an aggressive throwing of games, or not playing to the best of your abilities.

A player tank to me is....

It's doing what the coach asks you to do. Even though it's not to your strength as a player(s), you will be a determent to the team, and most likely result in a loss.

Right, players don't tank. They do, however, quit on coaches.

This is a nicer way of putting it.

I think it's more that Dan Bylsma's system is so woefully out of place in today's NHL, but he actually has decent coaching ability on a base level. He's just in the wrong decade.

Nolan is just not a very good coach.

PHam was describing the Sabres locker room as having 9 dry erase boards with scribbling all over each one expecting the players to absorb that nonsense. If I'm the boss and walk in to that, some dry erase boards are getting tossed and some coaches are getting fired.

PHam was describing the Sabres locker room as having 9 dry erase boards with scribbling all over each one expecting the players to absorb that nonsense. If I'm the boss and walk in to that, some dry erase boards are getting tossed and some coaches are getting fired.

Jarome Freaking Iginla said Byslma had the most complicated system he's ever seen. How the is Zemgus Grigensons supposed to work with that? The only thing he's got going for him is that he can at least see 2/9 of those boards at the same time

Jarome Freaking Iginla said Byslma had the most complicated system he's ever seen. How the ###### is Zemgus Grigensons supposed to work with that? The only thing he's got going for him is that he can at least see 2/9 of those boards at the same time

:lol:

Good point. Frustrating.

75887813.jpg

No kidding

I know this is tongue in cheek, but yes. I think Nolan would've had a better record this year with this roster.

Why yes, yes I do.

Wow are there some short memories around here.

Not really. I've always liked Nolan even though he's not a great coach. Plus I hate DB. I'd rather the team not have a coach than to keep DB. Hell, put Rob Ray back there and I'd be happier. He can teach the players how to make a pass acrost the ice.

In reality, I want a coach that preaches possession and a strong forecheck. I prefer short, safe passes with support from the forwards and carrying the puck into the zone unless it's unfeasible or the line needs to change. I hate leaving our already sub par defense out to dry and seeing our forwards sprint up the ice just so they can stand still at the blue line and lose any sort of momentum. I can't stand it when we don't forecheck or we forecheck with only one guy. We probably wouldn't get all this with Nolan but we're definitely not getting it with DB.

Teds waa not very good but DB is maddening. I listened to an interview with him in the off-season. I loved everything he said but almost none of it has translated. There are plenty of bosses who talk the talk but just can't get their employees to do what is necessary. Disco is a falling squarely into this category.

Phil Housley is and has been my guy and I'm sticking to it.  He coaches the defensemen and power play down here in Nashville (both groups were dominant in yesterday's game).  Anyone the Preds plug into the lineup on defense seems to play well.  Guys like Matt Irwin, Yanick Weber, and Anthony Bitteto hold their own even though they're basically journeymen. I think that is a tribute to coaching (and/or a good system) as much as anything.

Phil Housley is and has been my guy and I'm sticking to it.  He coaches the defensemen and power play down here in Nashville (both groups were dominant in yesterday's game).  Anyone the Preds plug into the lineup on defense seems to play well.  Guys like Matt Irwin, Yanick Weber, and Anthony Bitteto hold their own even though they're basically journeymen. I think that is a tribute to coaching (and/or a good system) as much as anything.

Works for me.

Phil Housley is and has been my guy and I'm sticking to it. He coaches the defensemen and power play down here in Nashville (both groups were dominant in yesterday's game). Anyone the Preds plug into the lineup on defense seems to play well. Guys like Matt Irwin, Yanick Weber, and Anthony Bitteto hold their own even though they're basically journeymen. I think that is a tribute to coaching (and/or a good system) as much as anything.

Since my Julien dream is dead, I've got one foot on your Housley bandwagon, and am preparing to fully jump on.

Edited by TrueBlueGED