GDT: Buffalo at Boston, 7:00 PM ET, 11/07/2017

Doohickie

Before we get started, this:  In case you missed it, our little boy is growing up.

Ahem.  So.  Bahston. 

We talk about playing meaningful games in March and April.  This is a meaningful game NOW.  The Sabres are in a virtual tie with the Bruins:  11 games played, 12 points.  As much as others want me to let go of the Toronto loss, had the Sabres won that game, they'd be ahead of the Laffs in a playoff position right now.  Please Sabres, don't put me through that anguish again.  Beat the team you play tonight, so that tomorrow you can say you're ahead of them.  With a win, the Sabres will move past a whole bunch of other teams and actually BE in a playoff spot.

The Boston Bruins, who missed the playoffs for a second straight year last season because of poor home play, are 1-3-0 on home ice to start the new season.  The Sabres need to step on their necks and kick them while they're down.  Figuratively, of course.  (Well, maybe literally, too :devil: )  The Sabres need to play the style that looked so great during their winning streak, taking away time and space from the Bruins, taking the crowd out of the game, and yes, wearing the ###### down.

Tyler Ennis and Dmitry Kulikov both missed the Buffalo practice Sunday, but just to rest and are expected to play tonight.  Dailyfaceoff lists the same roster and lines as Saturday, but we'll see if Disco Dan's line juggling yields new combinations tonight.  Expect Lehner in goal; he very much wants to get on a roll.

30785841825_29fa19c62f_b.jpg30795290016_37f2d9d7bb_b.jpg

Looking for game pictures, Tyler Ennis seems to be the guy that pops up a lot against the Bruins; let's look for him to have a big game tonight.

bruins_sabres_122615.jpg

031715bruinsmw015.jpg?itok=0aGzczxy

As always, GO SABRES!

Edited by High Ankle Sprain

Well it's on the road, which seems to be the only place we win (when I'm not in attendance) so there is that.

I need to set up a second TV in my living room so I can more easily flip between this and the Bills game. Then again I should be able to get through almost 2 periods before that starts, and with all the commercials and half time, I could probably finish this game and catch up on the Bills game by the 3rd quarter.

I'd like to see them come out with a stronger start than they did in Ottawa. We can't rely on goal tending to keep us in every game like that.

A buddy of mine is a Bruins fan (I try not to hold that against him) and he laments some of the players they have lost the last two seasons, and feels that their defense is especially weak. Chara is getting old and slow (his words) and they don't have enough talent to make up for that at the moment.

So I hope he's right about that and we can capitalize.

I would like to see Baptiste get an extended look with Reinhart. I think they compliment each other more than Ennis does on that line. 

I think Ennis got dropped in favor of Carrier in the 3rd period vs Ottawa, and it was effective.  I'd really like to get Ennis going, but if not, I'd keep rolling with Carrier.

For the Bruins: 2015 #37 overall pick Brandon Carlo (he's American!) is getting top minutes with Chara, and seems to be doing ok for himself so far.

What's this kid's deal?  Is he supposed to be great?  I feel like I hadn't heard of him before a couple weeks ago.

Hopefully we can squeeze the second period in before the Bills kick off in Seattle!  Then by the time the third period starts, we'll be in full-on commercials-every-30-seconds mode for the Bills game, giving ample opportunity to flip it over to the 'bres :thumbsup:

For the Bruins: 2015 #37 overall pick Brandon Carlo (he's American!) is getting top minutes with Chara, and seems to be doing ok for himself so far.

What's this kid's deal?  Is he supposed to be great?  I feel like I hadn't heard of him before a couple weeks ago.

My buddy's take: "He's a big young kid, but seems to learn fast". It also sounds like he thinks Chara might be the weaker of the two as "he's not a shutdown defensemen anymore"

And here's the Globe's take: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/bruins/2016/11/04/brandon-carlo-makes-early-strides-bruins-defense/ZiItx3XVJNNhyeKQIQyPyJ/story.html

Sounds like he's pretty smart with the puck already, despite his age.

IT'S HOCKEY DAY!

AND FOOTBALL DAY!! :wallbash:

Certain posters will lament how they don't care about football or whatever but come on! How could they not avoid going head to head with the other team they own!

In Buffalo, we are one. We are One Buffalo. One Buffalo, one game day. I guess.

Really hate it when this happens. Cost's a full drinking day and is tough condensing two into One night.

What's this kid's deal? Is he supposed to be great? I feel like I hadn't heard of him before a couple weeks ago.

Hopefully we can squeeze the second period in before the Bills kick off in Seattle! Then by the time the third period starts, we'll be in full-on commercials-every-30-seconds mode for the Bills game, giving ample opportunity to flip it over to the 'bres :thumbsup:

He was a potential first round pick who slid a touch but has good mobility and can hit. He was a good pick for the bruins in an otherwise horrible draft for them.

Cost's a full drinking day and is tough condensing two into One night.

People from other cities might not understand this.  Or they may think it's some kind of joke.  Those of us from Buffalo know this statement is serious as a heart attack.

Optional morning skate.

Ennis and Kulikov returned to practice this AM after missing practice yesterday.

Lehner in net

Is off-day practice and morning skate info (lines, etc.) available online anywhere?  I used to find them on the Sabres site but either they've moved them to some obscure spot or they've gotten lazy about posting the stuff up.  (Or is it on teh twitter these days?)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.