Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Oh no. The worst.

Let me know what you think- I have heard nothing kind about that film so far :(

It was the jumpyness of alien and about 1/4 of the gun play of aliens and not as good as either. Man, I want Bishop back. David is still a tw@t waffle.

I liked the new Alien movie. It flirted with some neat sci-fi ideas, but didn't REALLY engage with them. The movie needed even more Fassbender, despite the fact that he already played two characters.

The aliens were kind of an afterthought, though. I got the impression that Ridley Scott needed to make this an Alien movie to get the (HUGE) funding, but perhaps wanted to make a different movie about AIs, which is what I would've liked to watch.

Great show. "The Pacific," which was the follow up series, was also excellent.

Yep, The Pacific was a well made mini-series.  Have only watched it once.  May dive right into it after finishing Band of Brothers.

Speaking of Band of Brothers, while watching the first few episodes I noticed the actors that played Scotty (Stark Trek), Abraham (Walking Dead) and Magneto (prequel X-Men movies).  It was pretty cool to see them early in their careers.  

I enjoy watching this video.  Covers all of Middle Earth (The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings).  A tribute that brings it all to an end.  The Hobbit was nowhere close to Lord of the Rings, but it's still entertaining.  We'll never see another Middle Earth movie.  Yes, there is "The Silmarillion", but the Tolkien estate has the film rights.  And as of now they have no interests in allowing a movie(s).  Middle Earth fans give the video a watch.  It's worth it. 

Way late to the party, and maybe I've mentioned it already, but I'm in the middle of Breaking Bad. It's incredible. 

It's only the third television show I've ever sat down to watch all the way through, and I will become a tv show junkie if the shows I find in the future are half as good. 

That's crazy. It's so easy to binge watch now and there are so many good shows out there. I'd recommend Dexter, Six Feet Under, Shameless, Vikings, the Following, and the Wire for Dramas since you're already watching Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. On the comedy side there's Married with Children, Third Rock from the Sun, and Eastbound and Down for shows that are already completed and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Louie, and Ash vs Evil Dead for shows that are still going on. If you make it through those I can give you more. Time to get cultured by the great idiot box.

Way late to the party, and maybe I've mentioned it already, but I'm in the middle of Breaking Bad. It's incredible.

It's only the third television show I've ever sat down to watch all the way through, and I will become a tv show junkie if the shows I find in the future are half as good.

!!!!!

Enjoyed Alien Covenant very much. Left a few legitimate questions to be answered in the next Alien movie. Supposedly 2 more movies are being made to bring the story full circle. 1 may take place before Covenant. As of now, production, according to Ridley Scott, will begin next year. Apparently he's wanting to crank them out fast. Alien Covenant is worth watching.

Wonder Woman.

First half was amazing. I was loving it. Loved the Amazons. Loved the humor, everything, was identifying hard with Diana (I've done a lot of male dominated sports, I know about that macho but feminine balance. Plus, cossack/trick riding- used to do that!). 

Second half... well, maybe more the last third... A lot weaker. Not without some great things, but... some really hard letdowns and stupid things shoved in and a constant reminder it's a DC film in quality (the final battle). I won't post spoilers, but one of the castings was absolutely abysmal in my opinion. Took me right out of the experience and had the whole theatre laughing when there shouldn't have been laughter. 

But overall, it's a superhero flick, even the whole "Love is the answer" trope fits here, because that's Wonder Woman's thing- goodness, justice, fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves, and love. A lot of other movies have trampled that trope into the ground, and it makes it harder to not roll eyes for this film. It was fun, it was mostly really beautiful, Chris Pine was fantastic, Gal Godot was better than I expected. 

I had fun. 

Edited by Josie914

Never really felt the desire to see this movie, but was listening to some Hans zimmer on youtube and saw this.

Have to say this is the best F1 movie made so far, from a F1 era where two pilots died each year, and the survivors were treated like heroes.

Rush is a great movie to watch.