2017 NHL Draft -- General NHL Thread

WildCard

As has been said a bazillion and a half times, ROR's best raw offensive season (28 goals and 64 points) was playing on Duchene's wing. That also happened to be Duchene's best raw offensive season (70 points in 71 games). 

Shame we didn't have some meaningless games with which to experiment  :wallbash:

Wasn't that the worst thing about March?

WTF was Dan thinking? That alone should have got him fired.

As has been said a bazillion and a half times, ROR's best raw offensive season (28 goals and 64 points) was playing on Duchene's wing. That also happened to be Duchene's best raw offensive season (70 points in 71 games). 

Shame we didn't have some meaningless games with which to experiment  :wallbash:

It's almost like ROR would be perfect on Sam's wing. 

ROR probably prefers C but a true leader sees the greater good, Yzerman's transformation to a 200 ft game comes to mind.

Was his playing wing part of being disgruntled with that organization? I know $$$ was an issue as well.

ROR probably prefers C but a true leader sees the greater good, Yzerman's transformation to a 200 ft game comes to mind.

Was his playing wing part of being disgruntled with that organization? I know $$$ was an issue as well.

Pretty sure that dicking him around on his contract was about 97% of the issue in Colorado.

at 6 or 7 sure. At 2, hell no.

First I do not think we will be picking at 2. Among the D prospects he is my first choice even though others may appear more "NHL ready" though I don't know what that means. At 2 Hischier is my pick, or even at 1. I think he is a more dynamic player. After 2 though, I don't see much more than stylistic variations. Middlestedt is another dynamic player with size and touch that I think fits with the current group.

Alright guys, scenario time. What would you do if the Sabres had:

1st Overall: 

2nd Overall:

3rd Overall:

6th Overall:

7th Overall:

8th Overall:

9th Overall:

For me personally,

1st Overall: Hischier/Patrick

2nd Overall: Hischier/Patrick

3rd Overall: Hischier/Patrick/Trade down if at all possible within Top 10 if just picks, if players involved anywhere in 1st

6th Overall: Makar/Liljegren/BPA

7th Overall: Makar/Liljegren/BPA

8th Overall: Makar/Liljegren/BPA

9th Overall: Cry

Alright guys, scenario time. What would you do if the Sabres had:

1st Overall: 

2nd Overall:

3rd Overall:

6th Overall:

7th Overall:

8th Overall:

9th Overall:

For me personally,

1st Overall: Hischier/Patrick

2nd Overall: Hischier/Patrick

3rd Overall: Hischier/Patrick/Trade down if at all possible within Top 10 if just picks, if players involved anywhere in 1st

6th Overall: Makar/Liljegren/BPA

7th Overall: Makar/Liljegren/BPA

8th Overall: Makar/Liljegren/BPA

9th Overall: Cry

1st/2nd: Hischier

3rd: Heiskanen or Makar

6th-9th: grab one of those two if they fell, if not I don't know enough about the prospects to have anything to say

@WGR550
Button - Makar is more of a dynamic, offensive player. An Erik Karlsson style of player #Sabres #NHLDraft

@WGR550  39m39 minutes ag
MoButton - Heiskanen is a complete player. Kills penalties, plays on the powerplay. He's going to be very good defenseman #Sabres #NHLDraft

@WGR550  42m42 minutes ago

Button - the top defensemen in this year's NHL Draft are Cale Makar & Miro Heiskanen. Both have a chance to be a top-two defenseman #Sabres
Edited by WildCard

I hear Adam Foote's son is a real good looking defenceman...love his pedigree. Anybody know where abouts he may be drafted and if we could take him?

10-20, ummm well if we drop to 9 and Makar and Heiskanen are gone and we don't like Liligjengaderrnfnennnn that much than we could take him. http://lastwordonsports.com/2017/04/17/callan-foote-scouting-report-2017-nhl-draft-18/ 

Totally Disagree.  

I totally agree with you disagreeing with him. 

Edited by LGR4GM

more and more likely that both Makar and Heiskanen don't make it to 6.

Well we know that Patrick and Hischier should go 1 and 2. 

Now I am not changing the draft order because that gets dicey so then you have Vegas. I think Vegas goes offense. Vilardi makes tons of sense at #3. Then Phoenix at #4 I think takes Makar because they need some defense and I think their GM will like his metrics and such. #5 is NJD and then need offense so bad it isn't funny. I think they go Mittlestadt or perhaps Petersson but def a forward. That leaves us Heiskanen if we want him. 

If Detroit, Dallas, LA, or Winnipeg jump us then I could see them taking a defender depending on where they get to. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I hope your right but I don't think Hischeir and Patrick are definitely going 1 and 2. Heiskanen's u18 performance seems to have vaulted him way up the draft board. I wouldn't even be surprised if he goes #1 anymore. He seems to be a better version of Juolevi.

Phoenix is interesting because they already have OEL and Chychrun but their prospect pool is deep at Center. With the analytics driven GM maybe a trade up with them may be possible? 

1st/2nd: Hischier

3rd: Heiskanen or Makar

6th-9th: grab one of those two if they fell, if not I don't know enough about the prospects to have anything to say

What if we are picking 2nd, and Hischier goes 1st? Trade down and get one of Heiskanen or Makar? Or just take one of them 2nd?

Honestly, I'd be thrilled with either of those 2 D-men. So I hope Liger's prediction that one falls to 6 is an accurate one.

What if we are picking 2nd, and Hischier goes 1st? Trade down and get one of Heiskanen or Makar? Or just take one of them 2nd?

Honestly, I'd be thrilled with either of those 2 D-men. So I hope Liger's prediction that one falls to 6 is an accurate one.

I'd just take one of them, though I honestly don't know anything about the other forwards. I just don't want Patrick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.