Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Lombardi and Suter could be out in LA. Players do not like Suter, going back to last year's exit interviews. Kopitar telling the media the players should be ready to go, regardless of who's behind the bench. m

Friedman tweeted a link to an article

Got tickets to game 3 in Columbus. It will be my first playoff game (decide for yourself if this is because the Sabres stink, or I'm a youngin)

Jackets-Pens is a pretty big rivalry to Cbus fans. The atmosphere should be great.

Pens-Jackets is going to be suuuuch an awesome matchup. Rootin for Columbus the whole way :) 

Have fun, man! Hope you get to hear that cannon go off a bunch. 

Pens-Jackets is going to be suuuuch an awesome matchup. Rootin for Columbus the whole way :)

Have fun, man! Hope you get to hear that cannon go off a bunch.

I have a love/hate relationship with the cannon.. first game I went to, man oh man did it scare me. I knew they did it for goals, but I didn't know they fired it as part of the pregame ceremony. And from only watching on tv, I had no idea how loud it was. I jumped so high that I probably almost hit my head on a catwalk :P

But I think the cannon is awesome, and I LOVE their third jerseys with the cannon logo. I also wish Boomer was their fulltime mascot. He only lasted a very short time because apparently he was too phallic. RIP Boomer.

Boomer.jpg

Edited by EichSnipe

I get sad every time I watch Columbus play and they don't have those thirds on.

I haven't yet bought a Jackets jersey. When I go to non-Sabres games here, I just wear street clothes. But I think I'll take the dive now and get one. It will definitely be a cannon-third. Probably Wennberg

I haven't yet bought a Jackets jersey. When I go to non-Sabres games here, I just wear street clothes. But I think I'll take the dive now and get one. It will definitely be a cannon-third. Probably Wennberg

You HAVE to do a cannon third. Wennberg is a good choice. He was clutch this year.

This year I want to do little faceoff animation gifs for each of the first round playoff matchups. I will definitely do the cannon third for CBJ. It's just gorgeous.

#LAKings have fired GM Dean Lombardi and coach Darryl Sutter. Luc Robitaille takes over as Pres. overseeing hockey; Rob Blake new VP & GM.

Dang.

The Sutter firing seems like one of those "it's just time" deals. Lombardi? Well...he built whatever the heck is going on over there right now I guess. 

#LAKings have fired GM Dean Lombardi and coach Darryl Sutter. Luc Robitaille takes over as Pres. overseeing hockey; Rob Blake new VP & GM.

Boom, called it. Dean Lombardi is a joke of a GM, though Sutter got axed cause his players hate him

We wanna be LA East? Here's Tim's chance.

nope...

Literally anyone over Byslma for me. And hey, maybe this is just the opportunity that Murray can't resist to fire Dan

I'd bet Suter goes to Dallas.

Sutter, an old-school coach who favored brawn over the current trend toward speed and skill, was reluctant to regularly play the prospects who had been produced by the Kings’ development system and who might have helped increase the team’s speed and scoring ability. His decision to play faded veteran Marian Gaborik and scratch top prospects Adrian Kempe, Jonny Brodzinski and Paul LaDue from the lineup Sunday against the Ducks — a rivalry game in which the trio might have gained valuable experience playing an intense contest — might have been the last straw for those in the organization who recognized the need to look to the future and wanted to see how the youngsters would handle such a game

http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la-sp-kings-fire-sutter-lombardi-20170410-story.html

Nooe, nevermind

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.