Sabres training camp 2016

Hoss

Anyone? Bueller?

Bill Hoppe@BillHoppeNHL 2m2 minutes ago

Jack Eichel centering Sam Reinhart and Matt Moulson today.

Probably just Moulson a chance early in camp to prove he deserves a spot on thid roster. Easier to do evaluate him with those two instead of Larsson or Zemgus.

Paging TrueBlue to the nearest red anger phone, TrueBlue to the nearest red anger phone please...

Jourdon LaBarber@JourdonLaBarber 3m3 minutes agoBuffalo, NY

Moulson, Eichel, Reinhart on a line at the second practice. Kane is with Grant and Nylander.

Nah, this was always my expectation: he's given every opportunity to succeed...and fails to do so.

Eichel likely won't play Thursday or Friday. Kulikov likely to play Friday.

Speaking of Thursday (@TOR) and Friday (home versus TOR)... It looks like MSG will televise Friday, but not Thursday?  Any way to watch (for me, in Rochester) on Thursday?

(Not new threadworthy... Don't have a better place unless i wait until midnight for the GDT!)

Thanks.

Speaking of Thursday (@TOR) and Friday (home versus TOR)... It looks like MSG will televise Friday, but not Thursday?  Any way to watch (for me, in Rochester) on Thursday?

(Not new threadworthy... Don't have a better place unless i wait until midnight for the GDT!)

Thanks.

In a BN report yesterday, they said that the next four preseason games, including last night vs Ottawa, would be televised. Unless something changed, that means both Leaf games and the Carolina game.

In a BN report yesterday, they said that the next four preseason games, including last night vs Ottawa, would be televised. Unless something changed, that means both Leaf games and the Carolina game.

If it helps, yesterday's game the MSG WNY broadcast just picked up the TSN home feed from Ottawa. Maybe they will be doing the same thing with the Toronto away game Thursday if we are not sending a broadcast team up there. 

Just speculating.

If it helps, yesterday's game the MSG WNY broadcast just picked up the TSN home feed from Ottawa. Maybe they will be doing the same thing with the Toronto away game Thursday if we are not sending a broadcast team up there. 

Just speculating.

Yes.. the first two games I believe were TSN rebroadcasted on MSG.  The home Leafs game on the 30th is RJ calling it on MSG and the last televised game is NBCSN as the Kraft Hockeyville game.

Awesome, thanks!  You are correct:

Duff + Ray Thursday on MSG

RJ + Ray Friday on MSG

NBCSM on Monday

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/09/26/sabres-next-four-exhibitions-will-tv/

did you see the post above to the effect that the team is still calling this training camp?

this ain't the NFL, evidently.

thanks for re-pinning.

Ya, I believe it's technically still "camp" while there are still cuts to be made. Or assignments, I should say. Until roster is cut down to at least 23.

For those who haven't seen it - Eichel's interview yesterday post practice, toward the end, is very entertaining in re: rooming with Reinhart.

And I know that the feel-good bro-time stuff isn't the same as the team actually winning (and so I don't want to get too caught up in it), but it is nonetheless amusing and fun, and I think it portends well for the team's ability to compete and win going forward.

Well you have to admit if he, Girgensons and Ennis have comeback years, they stand a much greater chance of making the playoffs than not.

Sure, goes without saying. I just have no confidence it happens. I do, however, believe in Girgensons rebounding and a lesser though still positive belief that Ennis rebounds (though I still question whether he can adapt his game to being 3rd wheel on a line).

For those who haven't seen it - Eichel's interview yesterday post practice, toward the end, is very entertaining in re: rooming with Reinhart.

And I know that the feel-good bro-time stuff isn't the same as the team actually winning (and so I don't want to get too caught up in it), but it is nonetheless amusing and fun, and I think it portends well for the team's ability to compete and win going forward.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm off to find it.

Totally agree.

I know that the feel-good bro-time stuff isn't the same as the team actually winning (and so I don't want to get too caught up in it), but it is nonetheless amusing and fun, and I think it portends well for the team's ability to compete and win going forward.

Watching the Texas Rangers this season, I'll tell you why team chemistry (the feel-good-bro-time stuff) is important:  Every team, even the best in the league, is going to slump.  It may be individual players, it may be the whole team, it may be a few players that mess up the team's chance of winning.  If the team is loose and has good chemistry, it's easier to pull out of those slumps.  If everyone is just always pressing too hard and have no fun, a slump can bring out the worst in a team (like track suits in the shower).  If the team truly has good chemistry, it becomes more selfless and less about an individual slump, it becomes each player doing whatever it takes to make the team win.  It may mean players take on new roles (positionally or in the locker room), but as long as they're doing for the team and not for themselves, the team will win.

Edited by Doohickie

Watching the Texas Rangers this season, I'll tell you why team chemistry (the feel-good-bro-time stuff) is important:  Every team, even the best in the league, is going to slump.  It may be individual players, it may be the whole team, it may be a few players that mess up the team's chance of winning.  If the team is loose and has good chemistry, it's easier to pull out of those slumps.  If everyone is just always pressing too hard and have no fun, a slump can bring out the worst in a team (like track suits in the shower).  If the team truly has good chemistry, it becomes more selfless and less about an individual slump, it becomes each player doing whatever it takes to make the team win.  It may mean players take on new roles (positionally or in the locker room), but as long as they're doing for the team and not for themselves, the team will win.

I hope they have good team chemistry because once the playoffs start the Jays are going to kick their ass out of the playoffs....again!!!  :P

Jays fan here, too. But I'm low on confidence at this point. Their relief pitching has been terrible lately, and their bats have gone cold. It's the opposite of the end of the season last year. Gotta pick it up, now. 

Losing Benoit definitely hurts the bullpen, but I think our pitching is much better than last year and there's nobody more dangerous in the 2-3-4 than Donaldson-EE-Bautista. The defense is very good and the team speed is to a point where we don't need to rely on the "three true outcomes" of relying on home runs to win.

To your point I am worried that they are not riding a hot streak into the playoffs, but once you get in it's a whole new ballgame.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.