Sabres training camp 2016

Hoss

I don't care what Liger said about not worrying. I'm very worried about the situation with this team to start the year.

O'Reilly and Okposo both sound like they're not going to be starting the season. Risto's contract. Three of our top five players not on the ice... not good for a team that's going to need every point.

But now Risto is signed so that leaves just Okposo and ROR. Even if they miss the opener, no big deal. We are going to have injuries at some point this season. Other teams will too. We will have to battle through them. I would rather both players miss opening night and get healthy than play hurt and either get worse or simply be ineffective. 

But now Risto is signed so that leaves just Okposo and ROR. Even if they miss the opener, no big deal. We are going to have injuries at some point this season. Other teams will too. We will have to battle through them. I would rather both players miss opening night and get healthy than play hurt and either get worse or simply be ineffective. 

All good and accurate points, but I still do think potentially missing ROR and Okposo for the opener and who knows how much longer remains concerning. That's 2/3 of our top line. 

All good and accurate points, but I still do think potentially missing ROR and Okposo for the opener and who knows how much longer remains concerning. That's 2/3 of our top line. 

True, but Eichel and Sam will just have to be the top line with Kane. Ennis and other two players can be the 2nd line and should be okay. 

True, but Eichel and Sam will just have to be the top line with Kane. Ennis and other two players can be the 2nd line and should be okay. 

No doubt, it's just that obviously we'd be better with the other two in the line-up, and as the others were saying, every point is important this year. Nothing we can do about it, of course. 

No doubt, it's just that obviously we'd be better with the other two in the line-up, and as the others were saying, every point is important this year. Nothing we can do about it, of course. 

True true.

I just want them back for the Edmonton game because I dislike the Oilers and the love fest that goes on with the media and McDavid.  Also McDavid is really good at hockey and I want us to be all hands on deck.

True true.

I just want them back for the Edmonton game because I dislike the Oilers and the love fest that goes on with the media and McDavid.  Also McDavid is really good at hockey and I want us to be all hands on deck.

You think it's bad where you are, trying living in Canada.  :P

Edited by Thorny

Why do you get points for that? I'm confused.

I get negative points for saying the word hockey, usually they remove them before the weeks games go final but it is still stupid. I get to hear all the time how the carolina hurricanes have a stanley cup and we don't.  I hate it with a fiery passion because they don't get what that loss to carolina was like.

Edited by LGR4GM

I get negative points for saying the word hockey, usually they remove them before the weeks games go final but it is still stupid. I get to hear all the time how the ###### carolina hurricanes have a stanley cup and we don't.  I hate it with a fiery passion because they don't get what that loss to carolina was like.

Oh Liger if only you had lived here while it was going down.....scores of co-workers, friends and neighbors who don't know offside from icing rubbing it in.....it took a lot of restraint.

I'd rather neither be hurt to start the year and that's my point. Opening night is a bad time to miss. It'd be nice to have everybody ready to go from game one. Build chemistry and get off to a hot start. If their time off grows a little bit and the team struggles the first few games you're already in a hole.

"Other teams will have injuries" doesn't do anything for me because we already have them and likely will down the road, too. I'm a little nervous about what the beginning of the year could look like if these injuries linger more than one game.

Ennis - Larsson - Fasching is not an okay second line. It's not just "it's okay, they've played hockey before and can slide up." You can't just act like the injuries don't give a bad lineup for however long they last.

People are way to freaked out. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. I'd love to have everyone opening night but if Sam ha to play center 1 game at the beginning of the season it will be okay.

What if the injuries linger! What if what if what if. What if we just wait to see who plays opening night and how the team does?

Deep breath...

The Buffalo Sabres will be fine.

Our best player is Eichel IMO. Okposo has a bruised knee which sucks but he'll be fine.

Yes, I am worried about ROR. But I'm not going to freak out about it. This team is full of fighters and I think they can fight through his absence. Sam and Jack are going to take a big step. So instead of worrying, for the first time in 4 years, I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.

Fans have a right to worry a little when their best player has a back problem and his coach says he's "several days away from taking a face off" and their prized offseason signing is out.

Back problems worry me the most simply because they can linger indefinitely. Hope it is minor.

Our best player is Eichel IMO. Okposo has a bruised knee which sucks but he'll be fine.

Yes, I am worried about ROR. But I'm not going to freak out about it. This team is full of fighters and I think they can fight through his absence. Sam and Jack are going to take a big step. So instead of worrying, for the first time in 4 years, I'm just gonna enjoy the ride.

Dude, nobody is freaking out.

I get to hear all the time how the ###### carolina hurricanes have a stanley cup and we don't.  I hate it with a fiery passion because they don't get what that loss to carolina was like.

That is a painful burn my man.

People are way to freaked out. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. I'd love to have everyone opening night but if Sam ha to play center 1 game at the beginning of the season it will be okay.

What if the injuries linger! What if what if what if. What if we just wait to see who plays opening night and how the team does?

Deep breath...

The Buffalo Sabres will be fine.

I gotcha, but it's not that Sam can't player centre adequately, it's that no matter how fine we'll be without 2/3 of our top line, we'd be THAT MUCH better with them. Extended absences would undoubtedly leave crucial points on the table. If this was a pass/fail scenario, I'd be comfortable saying "we'll manage". But it's not - every point matters. Starting our season with 2/3 of the top line missing is something I believe no other team is doing.

It's already hard enough to make the playoffs, starting behind the 8-ball is disconcerting. No one is freaking out but the concern is I believe justified.

Let's just hope Ryan O'Kposo is good to go.

Edited by Thorny

That's coming. He pretty much guaranteed Eichel Reinhart Kane to start the season.

He regrets not having a look at KO and ROR in preseason. If they show no chemistry he might mix things up.

The other interesting thing from Dan the past few days is the love he's giving McCabe, particularly as a leader. He was on the number one PP unit in practice Yes, as a placeholder for Risto, but still...

Guy was the captain of the best US WJC team in recent memory. No one talks about it on here, but the team may be see him as potentially part of our long-term leadership core.

Edited by dudacek

Guy was the captain of the best US WJC team in recent memory. No one talks about it on here, but the team may be see him as potentially part of our long-term leadership core.

I have and I do see him as part of the long term core. Guy is a rock, still a kid and only getting better.

10s

Bylsma said Eichel didnt have accuracy of shot last season to finish chances he'd create. can already see difference in shot in pre season

3m

Bylsma: # of goals Eichel can get is substantial, I dont want to put a number on it. he added Jack worked on 1 timers on weak side

oh-shit.gif

Edited by Hoss

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.