Sabres training camp 2016

Hoss

Back problems worry me the most simply because they can linger indefinitely. Hope it is minor.

it does sound like it's of a minor variety - spasms. that would seem to rule out anything structural that could create a long-term issue. here's what CBS reported yesterday (btw, CBS is pretty decent on the hockey news):

O'Reilly (back) was on the ice for practice again Tuesday. O'Reilly was dealing with some back spasms recently, but his presence at practice again Tuesday seems to suggest he's headed toward playing in the team's opener Thursday. The Sabres should provide an official update on his status at some point before the contest.

I gotcha, but it's not that Sam can't player centre adequately, it's that no matter how fine we'll be without 2/3 of our top line, we'd be THAT MUCH better with them. Extended absences would undoubtedly leave crucial points on the table. If this was a pass/fail scenario, I'd be comfortable saying "we'll manage". But it's not - every point matters. Starting our season with 2/3 of the top line missing is something I believe no other team is doing.

It's already hard enough to make the playoffs, starting behind the 8-ball is disconcerting. No one is freaking out but the concern is I believe justified.

Let's just hope Ryan O'Kposo is good to go.

Florida is doing that. Also I think we are hung up on the 2/3... we are missing 2 of our top 6.  If I had to rank our top 6 forwars: Eichel, ROR, Reinhart, Okposo, Ennis, Kane. 

I think Pittsburgh is also tbh. Injuries happen and either you have the depth required to deal with them or you don't. If we don't, we won't last long in the playoffs anyways. 

I wonder how you work on moving your feet and your D zone presence in the summer.

Not being facetious, I really wonder. They aren't like working on your strength, or shot, they are more mental.

I thought Jack's defensive awareness looked much improved at the WJC.

Moving his feet when he's not going north to south

Maybe he did work on those things though and DD just mentioned the shot

Yea, that's not what I think of when somebody says skating.

I wonder how you work on moving your feet and your D zone presence in the summer.

Not being facetious, I really wonder. They aren't like working on your strength, or shot, they are more mental.

I thought Jack's defensive awareness looked much improved at the WJC.

I'd imagine a bunch of video work, as I'm sure he wasn't too worried about it playing summer league in Boston.

I think our coaching staff actually does a good job focusing on things our players need to do better and finding ways for them to improve in those areas. It's not just "work harder!"

I'm not big on some of Bylsma's game coaching, but I think he and his staff have done a good job in preparation and explaining how he wants things done, both to the individual players and to the team as a whole.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.