Sabres training camp 2016

Hoss

Might as well kick this one off with the roster and schedule just being announced:

https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2016/09/09/2016-training-camp-opens-sept-22/

2016 TRAINING CAMP OPENS SEPT. 22

BUFFALO, N.Y. (September 9, 2016) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will open its main training camp on Thursday, Sept. 22, when veteran players are expected to report for testing and physicals. BeginningFriday, Sept. 23, the team’s practice sessions at HarborCenter will be open to the public, with practices being broken down into multiple sessions throughout each day.

**A full training camp roster can be found here.**

The Sabres will then open their preseason slate of games on Monday, Sept. 26, against the Minnesota Wild at Pegula Ice Center in Penn State at 7 p.m. (ET).

The full training camp schedule will be announced at a later date. The training camp roster and all practice times are subject to change.

Schedule for first week of camp:

Thursday, Sept. 22

Players report for testing and physicals.

Closed to public. Media may attend for select player availability, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the press conference room

Friday, Sept. 23

Session one: 9 – 9:45 a.m. (New Wave Energy Rink)

Scrimmage: 9:50 – 10:35 a.m. (First Niagara Rink)

Session two: 10:40 – 11:25 a.m. (New Wave Energy Rink)

Session three: 12:50 – 2 p.m. (First Niagara Rink)

Saturday, Sept. 24

Sunday, Sept. 25

Might as well kick this one off with the roster and schedule just being announced:

https://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2016/09/09/2016-training-camp-opens-sept-22/

2016 TRAINING CAMP OPENS SEPT. 22

BUFFALO, N.Y. (September 9, 2016) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team will open its main training camp on Thursday, Sept. 22, when veteran players are expected to report for testing and physicals. BeginningFriday, Sept. 23, the team’s practice sessions at HarborCenter will be open to the public, with practices being broken down into multiple sessions throughout each day.

**A full training camp roster can be found here.**

The Sabres will then open their preseason slate of games on Monday, Sept. 26, against the Minnesota Wild at Pegula Ice Center in Penn State at 7 p.m. (ET).

The full training camp schedule will be announced at a later date. The training camp roster and all practice times are subject to change.

Schedule for first week of camp:

Thursday, Sept. 22

Players report for testing and physicals.

Closed to public. Media may attend for select player availability, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the press conference room

Friday, Sept. 23

Saturday, Sept. 24

Sunday, Sept. 25

So I read this schedule that you posted about three times trying to figure out the logistics of how they were going to get from the FNC rink to the Harbor Center in only five minutes...

Then I realized they are referencing the two rinks both inside the Harbor Center, so they are walking like 20 ft to switch rinks. :doh:

Hotdamn, Foligno really tore it up last season. 223  points in 75 games! I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict he won't keep up that pace. 

Thanks for the info, Hoss. 

GO SABRES!!!

We should probably sell high, now that he's broken Gretzky's scoring record by 8 points. He's due for a crash back to Earth after that performance, probably settling back to a 150-160 point pace next season. Get a good return now and reap the benefits.

Definitely temporary. #92 should be available in Rochester (and Buffalo once he makes the team).

But it's better than some of these other handouts like Foligno's 82.

It's training camp.  I don't really give a rats ass.  But 70 is an offensive lineman's number.  It isn't a blue chip prospect hockey forward's number.  Give the kid something in the teens or 20's FFS.

It's training camp. I don't really give a rats ass. But 70 is an offensive lineman's number. It isn't a blue chip prospect hockey forward's number. Give the kid something in the teens or 20's FFS.

Rookies don't get a good number until they play for the Sabres in a real game.

I'm looking forward to seeing how ready Bailey, Nylander, Fasching, Guhle, Nelson, and Carrier are for NHL duty. I also want to see Estephan and Cornel play.

Only a couple of minor league PTOs

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I ask it again, who has deserved a good number that hasn't gotten one?

Ennis with 63. Foligno with 82. Both players played very well in their first call-ups and never had their numbers changed. Foligno wanted to wear 17 but felt too guilty about fans that already bought his 82 jersey.

And I just don't think real numbers should be a thing rookies have to earn. It's stupid. You're in the NHL, have a cool number.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I ask it again, who has deserved a good number that hasn't gotten one?

Literally every player who has played for the Sabres and been handed a number that wasn't their choice. Clearly, looking at our history, the number doesn't make a lick of difference.

I still stand by my opinion that there's so much of a mental game that you can't with a guy's number. Give them the number they want out of what's available and let them be the most comfortable. I've seen players quoted as saying they don't feel right wearing certain numbers. It's an amateur move.

Ennis with 63. Foligno with 82. Both players played very well in their first call-ups and never had their numbers changed. Foligno wanted to wear 17 but felt too guilty about fans that already bought his 82 jersey.

And I just don't think real numbers should be a thing rookies have to earn. It's stupid. You're in the NHL, have a cool number.

I actually like both of those numbers. I also think you didn't make your case with those two examples. :devil:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.