Sabres training camp 2016

Hoss

Playoffs or the sports fans in this city are going to seriously lose their shiit

I'd say any regression or lack of progress results in fans losing it. If we can vie for a playoff spot until the end of the season while proving to be a tough team to play against, then I think fans will see a nice trajectory and accept that. 

Next year is a whole different story though. 

That said, I think we will be in the hunt THIS season. 

Foligno (i think) is out of shape!

https://twitter.com/AmerksHockey/status/77936065944840601

;)

@trueblue - thanks for the sprinkling of sobriety.  I was certain they were a playoff team last year.

re: Lehner, in his interview he says the ankle last year was bad luck, skate got caught, maybe because he was fat.  Also I didn't mind the cliche "performance based", seemed sincere, ie: dude gets it. 

Rex needs to read this, because didn't he win the offseason?

I wish Rex were smarter with his mouth (tall order, I know). Folks might take that statement to mean that Rex actually values winning the off season, whatever that means. That was just his way of paying a compliment to Whaley and the players acquired. 

My optimism is tempered by three things:

1) The blue line.

2) The coach.

3) Depth. I know you can say this for a lot of teams, but one injury to the top-6 or top-4 and things get ugly quick, to say nothing of what happens if Lehner goes down.

I want to say solid playoff team, and that's certainly in the cards if some things break the right way...but bubble team just seems like the most likely outcome.

This is the one that worries me most. Our top 6 (particularly the top 4 (O'Reilly, Eichel, Okposo, Reinhart)) looks pretty strong. Third line looks good too. But I was really hoping GMTM was going to add a veteran winger (someone even like Pirri) who has shown the ability to put the puck in the net, for depth purposes, in case we need fill ins. Or if some combination of Kane, Ennis, and Girgensons are not able to adequately fill the top 2 LW spots. 

Hahah every sport is a performance based sport

Not you, OLD SPORT! /Gatsby #LeoD

Franson's not an ambi-turner!

Well how many abo-digitals do you see male modeling??

1) The blue line.

2) The coach.

3) Depth. I know you can say this for a lot of teams, but one injury to the top-6 or top-4 and things get ugly quick, to say nothing of what happens if Lehner goes down.

I want to say solid playoff team, and that's certainly in the cards if some things break the right way...but bubble team just seems like the most likely outcome.

I think our blue line is unquestionably better.

I have actually really warmed up on DD.. We'll see this season but I think we are in capable hands.

A lot of teams go down without depth. Our depth should be questionable considering we are still climbing are out pain.

Sabres' Matt Moulson: "I definitely have a chip on my shoulder coming in to prove a lot of people wrong who maybe lost a little belief."

LOL Matty. We have you bought out and hit the wall. More than just a little belief has been lost. He will be an interesting story. Let us pray. 

This is the one that worries me most. Our top 6 (particularly the top 4 (O'Reilly, Eichel, Okposo, Reinhart)) looks pretty strong. Third line looks good too. But I was really hoping GMTM was going to add a veteran winger (someone even like Pirri) who has shown the ability to put the puck in the net, for depth purposes, in case we need fill ins. Or if some combination of Kane, Ennis, and Girgensons are not able to adequately fill the top 2 LW spots. 

With divine intervention that veteran winger added will be Moulson!

LOL

1) The blue line.

2) The coach.

And if we had added Vesey we'd have great depth IMO.  But, it is what it is.  There really wasn't much on the market to improve on the defensive side.  

The depth is going to have to come from Fasching/Baptise/Carrier/Bailey stepping up when their opportunity comes.

That is how it happens for a lot of NHL players. It just hasn't happened in Buffalo since...Foligno's first stretch?

I have faith in so far as RW goes. We are much weaker organizationally on the left side. Carrier is the only natural LWer in that bunch. And it also just so happens that we are much more certain on the RW on the big club as well, with Okposo and Reinhart cementing the right side in the top 6. 

Thankfully Nylander projects to be able to play either side. 

I have faith in so far as RW goes. We are much weaker organizationally on the left side. Carrier is the only natural LWer in that bunch. And it also just so happens that we are much more certain on the RW on the big club as well, with Okposo and Reinhart cementing the right side in the top 6. 

Thankfully Nylander projects to be able to play either side. 

We are much weaker in the prospect pool on LW. On the big team, Kane, Ennis, Foligno, Moulson, Deslauriers, Zemgus.  We have 6 guys who can play the LW. Our prospect pool is weaker at that but honestly if Murray drafts a few LW in the top 2 rounds over the next couple years we should be fine. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.