Sabres training camp 2016

Hoss

Cut and paste from the team's website:

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has released six players from its training camp roster. The following six players have been loaned to the Rochester Americans (AHL): Forwards Justin Bailey,Jean Dupuy and Cole Schneider; defensemen Brady Austin and Erik Burgdoerfer; goaltender Linus Ullmark.

The Sabres now have 31 players (18 forwards, 11 defensemen and two goaltenders) on their training camp roster.

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has released six players from its training camp roster. The following six players have been loaned to the Rochester Americans (AHL): Forwards Justin Bailey,Jean Dupuy and Cole Schneider; defensemen Brady Austin and Erik Burgdoerfer; goaltender Linus Ullmark.

The Sabres now have 31 players (18 forwards, 11 defensemen and two goaltenders) on their training camp roster.

Justin the yo-yo.

So.... who does that leave?   Fasching?  Grant?  Falk?  Baptiste?  C. OReilly?  Catenacci?  McCormick?   Nylander?  Fedun?  Guhle?  Nelson?

#Sabres Preseason Wrap Up: Record: 3-2-2 Goals For: 13 Goals Against: 18 Leading Scorer: Derek Grant (3G + 3A = 6 pts)

#Sabres Preseason Scoring:

1. Grant - 6 pts (3G, 3A)

2. Bailey - 3 (G, 2A)

2. Kane - 3 (2G, A)

2. Nelson - 3 (3A)

2. Reinhart - 3 (2G, A)

NOTE: Final roster cuts are due tomorrow afternoon (5pm EST)

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sharpen-up-october-10-2016/c-282524058

Edited by LGR4GM

Bovada's over/under for Jack's point total is 63.5. If anyone wants some easy money...

I don't know how easy that is.  Sure, he had 56 last year, and we expect him to improve.  And improvement of 8 points seems easy.

But don't forget that he played every game but one last year.  What are the chances that he does that again?

Bovada's over/under for Jack's point total is 63.5. If anyone wants some easy money...

Over. He had 56 last year with Matt Moulson missing 15 easy tap ins and Reinhart not rounding into form until I would say December so... I would put the Over/Under with at least 78 games played at 68.5pts.

OPTIMISM!!!! It's like sunshine in Buffalo, rarely seen and mildly blinding. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I don't know how easy that is. Sure, he had 56 last year, and we expect him to improve. And improvement of 8 points seems easy.

But don't forget that he played every game but one last year. What are the chances that he does that again?

Good, I think. Sure the fluke is always possible, but he has that 6th sense for avoiding major hits.

Edit: Okposo and O'Reilly are both at 58.5. Like the over for Okposo, but O'Reilly that's too tight for my liking.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

What is Samson the Reinharted at?

If you have season tickets or tickets at all the Sabres made a nice video for you. This includes how to share tickets.

https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloSabres/videos/10154505685067954/

Sharing ticket thin sucks. The recipient has to set up an account and go through several steps to make this work. Lot o people biatching about this new set up.

Buffalo Sabres Stats ‏@SabresStats  2h2 hours ago

#Sabres Preseason Wrap Up: Record: 3-2-2 Goals For: 13 Goals Against: 18 Leading Scorer: Derek Grant (3G + 3A = 6 pts)

Buffalo Sabres Stats ‏@SabresStats  1h1 hour ago

#Sabres Preseason Scoring:

1. Grant - 6 pts (3G, 3A)

2. Bailey - 3 (G, 2A)

2. Kane - 3 (2G, A)

2. Nelson - 3 (3A)

2. Reinhart - 3 (2G, A)

NOTE: Final roster cuts are due tomorrow afternoon (5pm EST)

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sharpen-up-october-10-2016/c-282524058

Sabres actually had a 4-2-1 record in the preseason. Not that it matters.

I don't care what Liger said about not worrying. I'm very worried about the situation with this team to start the year.

O'Reilly and Okposo both sound like they're not going to be starting the season. Risto's contract. Three of our top five players not on the ice... not good for a team that's going to need every point.

I don't care what Liger said about not worrying. I'm very worried about the situation with this team to start the year.

O'Reilly and Okposo both sound like they're not going to be starting the season. Risto's contract. Three of our top five players not on the ice... not good for a team that's going to need every point.

This is where I am at as well. Particularly the bolded. This isn't chicken little, but it's not a good situation, at all, to start the season with. 

Very much so.

This is where I am at as well. Particularly the bolded. This isn't chicken little, but it's not a good situation, at all, to start the season with. 

Agreed. As a bubble team, it all matters.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.