Bold predictions for the coming season

dudacek

Cody Franson makes it the length of the ice....

AND

back

A Player's Tale, by Bilbo Franson.

Matt Moulson scores 50 goals.

Bold prediction, Cotton. We'll see if it pays off.

Ducky will start a thread about how much the Jets ripped the Sabres off when they traded Hawerchuk for Housley

Not a bold prediction.

Hockey is coming!

A few predictions that go against the grain:

1) Carey Price fools everyone into thinking Montreal is a good team. Habs make the playoffs and challenge for the division

2) Connor McDavid wins the scoring title. Oilers make the playoffs.

3) Penguins look like an ordinary bubble team.

4) Evander Kane has a career year.

5) Ben Bishop loses his job to Vasilevsky, is traded and flounders with his new team.

What are some of your surprise predictions for this year?

But we beat them in the first round because Kane will blast price with 8 goals.    Neither can figure out where the puck will go :p

If Ennis leads the team in goals this is either going to be an amazing season or a god-awful one.

If Ennis were to lead the team in goals this season, the Sabres will have been in the playoffs and will have won at least one playoff series.

I don't know enough about the league to venture any bold predictions beyond the Sabres.

My #hottakeprediction has something to do with Zemgus.

Maybe something like: Zemgus will rebound so well that he once again becomes a beloved and valuable player, and there is therefore much crying and gnashing of teeth when he is traded at the deadline for a young LHD pro/prized LHD prospect and 2nd round pick.

Jimmy Vesey buys a season ticket behind the NYR bench for his Dad so he can record Jimmy's ice time with a stopwatch, banging on the glass and showing the watch to Alain Vigneault every 10 minutes (I had a parent do this to me when I coached with the Jr Kings).

How did the player react to this? Was he angry at the parent or agree with him? Closest I can come to that situation was  playing hockey against a c0-workers son and the mother, who I work with, came to every game. The kid was a total creep and psycho and out of control at times. So he trips people, hacks them, slew foots them and I just turn the other cheek because I do not want to deal with the psycho mom at work.  hockey and work with

If Ennis were to lead the team in goals this season, the Sabres will have been in the playoffs and will have won at least one playoff series.

I don't know enough about the league to venture any bold predictions beyond the Sabres.

My #hottakeprediction has something to do with Zemgus.

Maybe something like: Zemgus will rebound so well that he once again becomes a beloved and valuable player, and there is therefore much crying and gnashing of teeth when he is traded at the deadline for a young LHD pro/prized LHD prospect and 2nd round pick.

Or, like, all the other players died or something.

Kulikov plays the entire season as Risto's partner.  After an uneven get-acquainted period of a dozen or so games, the 2 of them play very well together for the rest of the year.  Risto hits 40 pts again and Kulikov earns appreciation as a steady, tough Toni Lydman 2.0 with a bit of an edge.

Casey Nelson starts the season as the 7th defenseman, but works his way into the lineup due to injury or ineffectiveness ahead of him and stays there for pretty much the entire season.

Casey Nelson makes Buffalo as the 3rd RHD. 

Jack Eichel leads the NHL in goals, minus Ovechkin because Ovechkin gonna Ovechkin

Sam Reinhart drops a 65pt season even though he isn't that good and is smallish.

John Tortorella gets fired. 

Harry Potter finally makes the English Quidditch team after an injury. He goes on to win the World Cup and sets off the dark mark in a drunk stupor just to piss off the ministry of magic.

Dan Bylsma keeps lines the same for 3 straight games, some random Sabrespacer's had explodes as a result but DB is not charged with involuntary head explosion

Robin Lehner fights someone. He also has more shutouts than Ryan Miller ever did in a single season. Milan Lucic tries to run him and gets clotheslined  instead.

Montreal is a bubble team because Carey Price but the death throws have begun, they miss the playoffs even with Price acting like the second coming of Hasek.

Nashville makes the cup finals, do they win? Idk sure why not. PK Subban drinks beer out of the cup at his self organized parade in Montreal.

GMTM, gives half a when Jack scores his first NHL hat trick, he feels it move... it being his heart. 

Some NHL player we have all heard of gets injured at the World Cup... like Frederic Andersen

Casey Nelson makes Buffalo as the 3rd RHD. 

Jack Eichel leads the NHL in goals, minus Ovechkin because Ovechkin gonna Ovechkin

Sam Reinhart drops a 65pt season even though he isn't that good and is smallish.

John Tortorella gets fired. 

Harry Potter finally makes the English Quidditch team after an injury. He goes on to win the World Cup and sets off the dark mark in a drunk stupor just to piss off the ministry of magic.

Dan Bylsma keeps lines the same for 3 straight games, some random Sabrespacer's had explodes as a result but DB is not charged with involuntary head explosion

Robin Lehner fights someone. He also has more shutouts than Ryan Miller ever did in a single season. Milan Lucic tries to run him and gets clotheslined  instead.

Montreal is a bubble team because Carey Price but the death throws have begun, they miss the playoffs even with Price acting like the second coming of Hasek.

Nashville makes the cup finals, do they win? Idk sure why not. PK Subban drinks beer out of the cup at his self organized parade in Montreal.

GMTM, gives half a ###### when Jack scores his first NHL hat trick, he feels it move... it being his heart. 

Some NHL player we have all heard of gets injured at the World Cup... like Frederic Andersen

It's later discovered that Draco Malfoy had taken Polyjuice Potion and set off the Dark Mark, posing as Harry, in an attempt to get him canned from his Ministry job. Ron confesses it was funnier when he actually believed Harry had done it.  

How did the player react to this? Was he angry at the parent or agree with him? Closest I can come to that situation was  playing hockey against a c0-workers son and the mother, who I work with, came to every game. The kid was a total creep and psycho and out of control at times. So he trips people, hacks them, slew foots them and I just turn the other cheek because I do not want to deal with the psycho mom at work.  hockey and work with

The player didn't react at all to it, didn't even once look over at his Dad.    We all just ignored him after the first time he did it and had a talk with him after the game, which got heated btw, but that's what coaches have to deal with these days.   Every parent out here thinks their kid is the next Gretzky and we (the coaches) are holding them back if they're not double shifted.    Most parents out here (southern California) don't understand how hockey works, with ice time, etc.  This was 9-10 year olds, which makes it even more ridiculous if you think about it.

Jake McCabe plays first line minutes by seasons end

Ennis comes out on fire and leads the team in scoring at the all star break, earning a birth with Jack Sam and Risto

Ullmark "arrives" by mid season and takes the starting job

Nylander gets called up at some point and excels before slowing down and eventually going back down to Roch

Love the Casey Nelson prediction. I hope he beats out Franson in camp.

Predictions:

1) Sabres make playoffs with 96 points and beats an overrated Florida Panthers team in the first round.

2) Eichel scores 35 and Reinhart adds 30.

3) Lundquist goes down with an injury and the Rags fail to make the playoffs. Vesey asks for a trade to the Sabres after Kane gets sent down to the AHL after missing Tux and Pucks night to go the the Rose Bowl.

4) Rex and his brother get fired after the Bills start 2-4. Jim Kelly assumes the job and the Bills 8-2 down the stretch to make the playoffs.

5) Canisus makes the NCAA hockey Tournament

6) the NA World Cup team wins the event over the Euro All-star team. Eichel and McDavid lead the tournament in scoring.

http://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-sabres-2016-17-season-preview/

• Evander Kane-Ryan O’Reilly-Kyle Okposo
  • Tyler Ennis-Jack Eichel-Sam Reinhart
  • William Carrier-Zemgus Girgensons-Justin Bailey
  • Marcus Foligno-Johan Larsson-Brian Gionta
  • Extra: Matt Moulson, Nic Deslauriers

Would be lovely to see, would hope moulson gets a break this year , but having carrier and bailey up already might  not be a bad thing.

Edited by Huckleberry

The player didn't react at all to it, didn't even once look over at his Dad.    We all just ignored him after the first time he did it and had a talk with him after the game, which got heated btw, but that's what coaches have to deal with these days.   Every parent out here thinks their kid is the next Gretzky and we (the coaches) are holding them back if they're not double shifted.    Most parents out here (southern California) don't understand how hockey works, with ice time, etc.  This was 9-10 year olds, which makes it even more ridiculous if you think about it.

Thats too bad. You coaches play a big role in those kids lives. Keep up the good work 

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna go with one for each team here.

Atlantic:

Buffalo: Ristolainen tops 50 points while putting to bed any questions about him being a #1. Garners some Norris consideration (...from Sabres fans).

Boston: Finishes 6th in the division, prompting large-scale organizational changes.

Detroit: The streak ends.

Tampa: Kucherov scores more goals than Stamkos.

Florida: Barkov wins the Selke.

Montreal: Finishes with 100+ points with narratives crediting the leadership swap of Subban-Weber (when reality says it was just having a healthy Price).

Toronto: Auston Matthews spontaneously combusts and takes the entire ACC with it. Okay, maybe not so much a prediction as a dream.

Metropolitan:

Carolina: Elias Lindolm leads the team in scoring.

Columbus Blue Jackets: Torts gets fired before the season is over.

New Jersey: Is not the lowest scoring team in the league.

NYI: Miss the playoffs.

NYR: Are merely a bubble playoff team. Eek in as a wildcard.

Philly: I don't care. Burn in hell.

Pittsburgh: Pick up where they left off, win the Presidents Trophy.

Washington: Ovechkin fails to hit 50 for the firs time since the shortened season.

Central:

Chicago: Hossa finally looks legitimately old.

Colorado: Not sure exactly how bold this is, but MacKinnon scores 70+

Dallas: Somebody gives them competent goaltending.

Minnesota: Miss the playoffs.

Nashville: Wins the division.

St. Louis: Drops off significantly, only making the playoffs as a wildcard.

Winnipeg: Laine gets 35 goals.

Pacific:

Anaheim: Realize they made a colossal error hiring Carlyle and miss the playoffs.

Arizona: Makes the play....okay, fine, almost make the playoffs.

Calgary: Back in the playoffs baby! (I'm almost certainly going to regret this one).

Edmonton: McDavid leads the league in scoring and the Oilers make the playoffs. Okay so that's two for one team, sue me.

LA: Dean Lombardi finds a way to make their cap situation worse.

San Jose: Joe Thornton gets 20 goals.

Vancouver: Wins the Carrion Hockey League.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.