OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Neo

Rather bummed NBC didn't feel like giving the men's gymnastics air time. I guess it was shown much later, and then only a snippet. Kohei Uchimura is being lauded as the greatest men's gymnast of all history, and because the US team just isn't gold contenders, they deemed it not worth showing. 

I think rings is one of the most incredible feats of strength out there. I'm glad I caught some of it live yesterday.

And there's even controversy! The Ukrainian men's gymnastics team reportedly threw their results. Many think it's a form of protest for 2012, when an appeal on a Japanese gymnast's routine knocked them out of medal contention. Babyish, but still interesting! I feel for Switzerland, who would've been able to compete in the finals if Ukraine had decided to throw it earlier. 

Aggghhh and now i'm missing New Zealand vs Japan in 7s because my office has shite bandwidth. 

Edited by Josie914

We're just not yet to the day and age where you can stream everything without having to pay for an account with a cable or satellite provider.

Some day.

Because I have TWC I am able to stream a ton of events on the NBC app on the Xbox or at a PC.  It's working well.

But I know for those who are cord cutters you are on the outside not looking in.

Some day... perhaps in 2020. :)

watching field hockey is almost as good as watching beach volleyball.

Reminds of when I was 16 yrs old, and next to the football field we had to play there was a female field hockey game going on.

Man we felt lucky, short skirts, white tops, and then like a scene out of a movie the sprinklers of the field turned on.    :wub:

watching field hockey is almost as good as watching beach volleyball.

Reminds of when I was 16 yrs old, and next to the football field we had to play there was a female field hockey game going on.

Man we felt lucky, short skirts, white tops, and then like a scene out of a movie the sprinklers of the field turned on.    :wub:

And here I am watching Judo. 

ugh I was just watching that and was really wondering. 

Women's gymnastics on, watch now if you want to see anything besides maybe one russian and the USA chicks on primetime tonight... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.