GDT : Leafs at Sabres 3-25 7pm

WildCard

Referring to d4rk as Dark could be bad too

Actually people from here have called me Dark and I will answer to it. 

Something like "hey ######"?!?

(apparently you're right - dark-y is censored)

:w00t:

I've called him dorksabre to his face a few times... 

:bag:

Addendum - next week is also Buffalo restaurant week, so most places will have $20 dinner specials for you out of town visitors.

Localrestaurantweek.com

Gabriel's Gate is listed but doesn't have their special menu up yet. Might want to get on that reservation sooner rather than later

OK, GPS says 4 hours 30 minutes from here to "nearest parking" to Gabriels Gate. I'll leave here at noon, be there at 3:50

For those of you who are out of towners, Gabriel's Gate is located in the city on Allen St, one of the trendier bar districts. It's City parking, so you may have to parallel park and find a spot on the street nearby. For most of the city, there is free parking after 5pm, so pay the meter for an hour and head in.

(locals please confirm my advice so I don't end up screwing over the group - nothing says "Welcome to Buffalo" like a parking ticket :nana: ) 

For those of you who are out of towners, Gabriel's Gate is located in the city on Allen St, one of the trendier bar districts. It's City parking, so you may have to parallel park and find a spot on the street nearby. For most of the city, there is free parking after 5pm, so pay the meter for an hour and head in.

(locals please confirm my advice so I don't end up screwing over the group - nothing says "Welcome to Buffalo" like a parking ticket :nana: ) 

Confirmed.

Honestly, there is not much off-street parking near Gabriel's Gate.  There are some pay lots near the hospitals, but even then, you're looking at about a 15 minute walk.  My best suggestion is to park on Delaware Avenue, as close as you can get to Allen Street.  Allen sometimes has some spots, and at 4pm on a Saturday, you might even get one, but that street fills up pretty quickly.

There also is a small city-owned pay lot just behind Jim's Steakout on the southwest corner of Allen and Elmwood, and there is a small free lot next to Mulligan's Brick Bar a little further west on Allen.

Honestly, there is not much off-street parking near Gabriel's Gate.  There are some pay lots near the hospitals, but even then, you're looking at about a 15 minute walk.  My best suggestion is to park on Delaware Avenue, as close as you can get to Allen Street.  Allen sometimes has some spots, and at 4pm on a Saturday, you might even get one, but that street fills up pretty quickly.

There also is a small city-owned pay lot just behind Jim's Steakout on the southwest corner of Allen and Elmwood, and there is a small free lot next to Mulligan's Brick Bar a little further west on Allen.

Or, park down near the arena before the game and then take the metro rail up. The weather doesn't look like it's going to be super awesome, so walking a lot is probably out. 

Edited by d4rksabre

As in its a good idea? As in ubkev you should do this?

Well, you're going to have to pay to park downtown and then take the train uptown to Allen Street.  The downsides are (1) paying and (2) waiting outside for the train mid-afternoon on a Saturday, when they don't run as frequently as they will close to gametime.  But there is some security in knowing you will find a spot.

I'm gonna be late on the account I know I'll get lost. Navigation skills are Dora the Explorer level

Where are you coming from, roughly?

Well, you're going to have to pay to park downtown and then take the train uptown to Allen Street.  The downsides are (1) paying and (2) waiting outside for the train mid-afternoon on a Saturday, when they don't run as frequently as they will close to gametime.  But there is some security in knowing you will find a spot.

Rochester. Getting to Buffalo, easy. Finding my way around the city? Well...

Yeah, I mean, I suggested that since I assume he'll want to get out of the game and on the road as fast as possible, so if he parks down by the arena he just has to sit in a little traffic before getting on the 190. 

Rochester. Getting to Buffalo, easy. Finding my way around the city? Well...

Exit 51W off the thruway towards downtown puts you on 33W.  33W to the end--it splits left and right into Oak and Goodell Streets.  You want the split on the right, which is Goodell.  Goodell for about four blocks, and then the same street becomes Edward Street once it crosses Main.  Three more blocks, turn right on Delaware, park, turn ignition off, exit car, lock door, walk about a block north on Delaware, turn left on Allen, destination is on your right.

Or use your phone...

Edited by Eleven

Exit 51W off the thruway towards downtown puts you on 33W.  33W to the end--it splits left and right into Oak and Goodell Streets.  You want the split on the right, which is Goodell.  Goodell for about four blocks, and then the same street becomes Edward Street once it crosses Main.  Three more blocks, turn right on Delaware, park, turn ignition off, exit car, lock door, walk about a block north on Delaware, turn left on Allen, destination is on your right.

Or use your phone...

Now say it in a British female accent, with a hint of naughtiness...

Well, you're going to have to pay to park downtown and then take the train uptown to Allen Street. The downsides are (1) paying and (2) waiting outside for the train mid-afternoon on a Saturday, when they don't run as frequently as they will close to gametime. But there is some security in knowing you will find a spot.

Pay how much? Ish

Now say it in a British female accent, with a hint of naughtiness...

I think you mean hint of pretentiousness! And by hint, I mean dripping with

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.