Sabres Prospects 2016-17

Hoss

This won't be the first year in recent memory where the Amerks appeared to be loaded but ended up fizzling on the ice.

Ouch! Wow, that was prothetic.

You're right about Pu projecting out to the wing, but the bold isn't right. There's ALWAYS a need for centers in the pipeline. I don't care if you've got McDavid, Eichel, Reinhart AND Matthews as your four centers.

Asplund is the one top prospect we have the projects out to a center right now, though.

And having centers in the pipeline is always good. They can play center when needed and fill winger spots if you've already got talent up the middle.

Just read Kris Baker's twitter comments on Pu. At the start of the year most projected him out as a winger, but Baker's comments on his ability to win a draw, scoring this season, size and speed, I'm thinking he might just end up a center in Buffalo. I suspect he gets his ELC this off-season even if he goes back to jrs. It will be interesting to see how far he takes the Knights.

Notre Dame and Cal Petersen advance to the Frozen Four

Unfortunately. Expect having 1 less week to possibly be in the NHL will lower the odds that he'll sign w/ the Sabres this season.

Was really hoping they'd end up w/ Lehner & Ullmark in Buffalo next year & Petersen in Ra-cha-cha.

Unfortunately. Expect having 1 less week to possibly be in the NHL will lower the odds that he'll sign w/ the Sabres this season.

Was really hoping they'd end up w/ Lehner & Ullmark in Buffalo next year & Petersen in Ra-cha-cha.

Still might happen, but the way Lehner has been for us this season, I feel like we got our #1 if petersen isn't going to be with us.

Otherwise it will be a battle between those two.

Ouch! Wow, that was prothetic.

Just read Kris Baker's twitter comments on Pu. At the start of the year most projected him out as a winger, but Baker's comments on his ability to win a draw, scoring this season, size and speed, I'm thinking he might just end up a center in Buffalo. I suspect he gets his ELC this off-season even if he goes back to jrs. It will be interesting to see how far he takes the Knights.

There too many centers on this Damn team!

I have a feeling he becomes an UFA and signs with Chicago

How do we feel about Union's Vecchione?  5'10" 195, high compete level, good shot, quick but not elite speed.  24 years old.  Played center at Union.

Thank you - I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. I'd agree his speed isn't elite, but he's sneaky fast. He skated circles around the ECAC this year. Yes, he's a center, but he can win faceoffs - probably his biggest asset to Union's success this year, outside of his scoring. SOMEONE CALL TIM AND GET HIM ON THIS GUY!!!

Rumors have it that Shayne Gostisbehere (his teammate from the 2014 NCAA Championship team) is trying to recruit him to Philly and the Rangers are supposedly in the mix to sign him. Vecchione is from Saugus, MA...so he might have a soft spot for the Bruins. God help me if he signs with any of those teams. :sick:  

That said, another of Vecchione's teammates from that 2014 team is Mat Bodie...currently in Rochester.

Union's season ended on Saturday, so if we're not in on Vecchione now, it's probably too late.  :(

Edited by Buffalo Wings

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/cal-petersen-notre-dame-hockey/

really cool article about Cal Peterson's upbringing and determination to play hockey.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/cal-petersen-notre-dame-hockey/

Really hope they sign this kid, doesn't seem like the type to fear some competition with Lehner for the #1 spot in 3 years.

Damn it Huck!  :censored:

The CHL started their playoff schedule last Friday.

Guhle has 4 assists in 3 games.  Have not watched but Kris Baker has commented "Guhle, as expected, in command the last two games vs Portland.  Seems like he's out there every other shift.  Creates quite a bit from the back end."  His Prince George Cougars lead their series 2-1.

Cliff Pu has 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 games for London.  His Knights trail Windsor 2-1.

The CHL started their playoff schedule last Friday.

Guhle has 4 assists in 3 games. Have not watched but Kris Baker has commented "Guhle, as expected, in command the last two games vs Portland. Seems like he's out there every other shift. Creates quite a bit from the back end." His Prince George Cougars lead their series 2-1.

Cliff Pu has 1 goal and 1 assist in 3 games for London. His Knights trail Windsor 2-1.

I'll be really interested to see these guys at camp.

It's only appropriate that I continue this thread by adding my Union College connection...

Winger Spencer Foo (top 10 Hobey Baker finalist) has declared his intention to forego his senior year at Union and enter the pros.

Oh no... the Foo shittes jokes comes home to roost... Just remember to wear or you will die.

Two weeks and no Florentino signing.

Don't think it's happening Robviously.

It's not. Kris Baker reported there has not been much contact between the Sabres and Florentino this season.

Also Sean Malone was interviewed on the Half Hour Hockey Show and expressed his desire to play for the Sabres, but I did not get the impression the feeling was mutual.

Prince George is down 2-0 in the Second Period, a loss tonight means Guhle is eligible for the Sabres

PG lost 4-2, Guhle's junior season is over in a first round upset.    Too bad, woulda been a good experience for the kid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.