Free Agency Frenzy 2016

Brawndo

Ummm...I'm not sure what exactly is going on but it appears Edmonton traded Hall to NJ Devils for D-man, Adam Larsson, NASHVILLE traded SHea Weber to Montreal for PK Subban and Stamkos is staying in Tampa....all per www.reddit.com/r/hockey

Not sure it it all belongs here but the moves do affect the Free Agent Market.

Edited by mustacheofgod

Ummm...I'm not sure what exactly is going on but it appears Edmonton traded Hall to NJ Devils for D-man, Adam Larsson, Columbus traded Seth Jones to Montreal for PK Subban and Stamkos is staying in Tampa....all per www.reddit.com/r/hockey

Not sure it it all belongs here but the moves do affect the Free Agent Market.

Nashville traded Shea Weber for PK Subban but that other stuff also happened. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Watch for the deal Chiareli gives Lucic too. I'm going to laugh my ass off when it's $6m

After what has gone down Edmonton, McDavid's want, assuming he has one, to get out of their asap is growing every day. Too bad for him after ELC he'll still be an RFA. And Edmonton will match any team's offer the day that comes. 

The guess on Lucic's contract is 7 years, $42 mill. So, yes, $6 mill per.

Dallas reportedly got a meeting with him, too, so he's not a lock in Edmonton but it sounds likely.

Happy if he stays in the west

Per @Sportsnet, Okposo has been in touch with the Jets, Blues, Kings, Wild, Red Wings, Sabres, Panthers and Coyotes.

Kypreos said he'll get between $6-7M.

I'm not paying that much for Okposo. I'd rather rummage in the bargain basement to hold us over until RFA signings, and maybe get a D-Man. 

Hate to say it, but Stamkos was the only UFA Imwas intersted in spending serious money on.

Agreed. I'm back to trying to squeeze 20-30 more goals out of this team through some trades and general improvement of our star rookies. That should make us a cusp team this coming year, and with any luck we'll add a few more goals and be a playoff team the year after. 

Agreed. I'm back to trying to squeeze 20-30 more goals out of this team through some trades and general improvement of our star rookies. That should make us a cusp team this coming year, and with any luck we'll add a few more goals and be a playoff team the year after.

This sounds like a long, slow slog. I agree with not bring thrilled with the UFA class, but I'm not opposed to signing someone if it'll be an upgrade over Girgs or even Ennis, depending on cost.

We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I don't think too many expected us to be facing an offseason that resulted in nothing more than Kulikov for Pysyk.

Maybe there's a trade out there.

After what has gone down Edmonton, McDavid's want, assuming he has one, to get out of their asap is growing every day. Too bad for him after ELC he'll still be an RFA. And Edmonton will match any team's offer the day that comes.

If McDavid is smart he'll sign an offer sheet that's a 4 year deal once he's eligible. Edmonton will match it for sure but that will still set him up to reach UFA status after the minimum 7 years and he'll be able to punch his ticket basically anywhere. He'll be the best UFA ever at the age of 25.

Edited by Drunkard